Profile for Paz Alfonso > Reviews

Paz Alfonso

Downton Abbey: A Moorland Holiday (Christmas Special 2014) [Blu-ray]
Downton Abbey: A Moorland Holiday (Christmas Special 2014) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars It was refreshing towatch the romantic adventures of the older generations, 7 Feb. 2015
Downton Abbey is always interesting, although as the years go by in the series (and the characters never seem to age, lucky them!), the plots become more convoluted and harder to believe. Still, the settings and the costumes are fascinating. It is also very interesting to find out what the idle rich still did in the early 20th century to entertain themselves, and how much they depended on a large number of servants. It was refreshing to watch the romantic adventures of the older generations, which are usually ignored. I still look forward to future episodes.

Isabel - Temporada 1- (Region 2)
Isabel - Temporada 1- (Region 2)
Offered by Den's DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical series Isabel about the life of queen Isabel of Castille., 22 May 2014
Please see my review of series 2, as I don't want to repeat my praise. This is an extraordinary series, I have found it absolutely brilliant as well as educational.

Isabel - 2 Temporada - Box 5 Dvd
Isabel - 2 Temporada - Box 5 Dvd
Offered by Den's DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish series Isabel, 22 May 2014
This is one of the most magnificent historical series I have ever watched. Everything is top quality: actors, historical accuracy, scenery, costumes, I found it faultless. The only handicap is that it is only available in Spanish, which I speak so it is no problem for me, but it is a pity, as it limits its appeal for non-Spanish speakers.

In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great [DVD]
In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars In the footsteps of Alexander the Great, 6 Mar. 2013
Until I watched this series I had not understood the enormity of Alexander's achievements. I was amazed by the distances he covered with his army, at the skill and care it must have taken to provision it on the march, and at his daring and ingenuity in the ways he found to conquer various armies and generals.

The series is very well done. I enjoyed it immensely