Profile for R. Pinder > Reviews

Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm
Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope you find what youre looking for, 3 April 2012
Brilliant album! Just what I needed to ease the pain from the lack of Mojave 3 albums.Spoon And Rafter

LG BP06LU10 6x Slim External BD-RW - Blue
LG BP06LU10 6x Slim External BD-RW - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluray Burner., 3 Nov 2011
The product was immediately found by my computer and drivers installed. I installed the bundled software, Cyberlinks Blu ray suite which included PowerDVD 9(with 3d capability), Power2go, PowerProducer, and mediashow and stuck in a bd of Bladerunner, which had problems playing until PowerDVD had updated. After 20 seconds it played perfectly. I was only using one of the usb connections.
Power2go had problems making an iso of the disc- it split it into 21 sections -so I downloaded imgburn and set about making an iso and burnt it to a 50gb bd-re which I had no problems in doing. (I had already purchased AnyDVDHD) Here I used both usb connections.
The burner works perfectly! 5 stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 11:27 PM GMT

Breakup
Breakup
Price: 6.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogtags., 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: Breakup (Audio CD)
Scarlett is particularly savvy when finding a niche market. Her Waits covers found good audience and favor with the USSF but that doesn't leave me listening to Break Up with trepidation. She sings as sexily as she did her karaoke turn in LIT but with more volume.

My only complaint is that there isnt enough of her coming through, her life, her troubles, like someone sold shares in her and now she ALWAYS gives the wrong answer(and thus is the reason she is becoming a Dame of the good old USA).

Selling handbags WITHOUT the voodoo doll popping it's head out the top is possibly the worst of her crimes.

She can do no wrong in my eyes.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Offered by FLBENTERPRISES
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If OTOGI was the wedding then this must be...., 25 Mar 2004
This review is from: Panzer Dragoon Orta (Video Game)
Beautiful and clicky? I first saw PDO in a shop display case and wondered why I was playing Rogue Squadron on my Gamecube. No I still didnt know the maths behind nuclear reactors and I hadnt even pointed a digital camcorder in anger.
Perhaps the best thing to suggest to anyone thinking of buying this game is go buy a Dreamcast and do the homework. Seriously!

Panasonic DMR E50EBS DVD Recorder
Panasonic DMR E50EBS DVD Recorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Industrial equipment., 14 Mar 2004
Somebody spent alot of time advertising the Panasonic Dmre-50. And yes, it's easy to buy all the hype. The Ram works like a dream and you find yourself recutting movies so that the bear starts off at the beginning of the movie (12 Monkeys/50 Cent) or the dancing lady/ladies finish before the end credits in Tomorrow Never Dies (respect to whoever wrote that one.)
Industrial uses? Oh, well that's a trade secret.
Timeslip'd Shanghai Nights -but never caught up- playing back 1.3 times faster, over Christmas; didn't get my calculator out before it all kicked off.
Transferring video to DVD is a chore, especially with certain companies videos- ASK!?- "is it ok to transfer my copy of Pulp Fiction to DVD?" I did buy the original after all.
Like Panasonic's little brother company, you will find that messing around with this gear is as entertaining as a couple of Technics Sl-20's and some, er, ambient music.

By the Way
By the Way
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold top with a sugary bottom., 13 Mar 2004
This review is from: By the Way (Audio CD)
The first time I heard these tracks I thought someone had seen old band videos of mine.
That youthful enjoyment gained from playing to much Intellivision Utopia, disappearing one side and appearing the other much to everyone's surprise.
By The Way stretches credibility to dubious boundaries with its say what you see lyrics and still havent got my head round what the music is saying tunes. Maybe the band ought to try a roadtrip? You know, to find some undiscovered "Holy" grail. There's alot of them out there. A little like looking at rubbish blowing in the wind down the high street and retracing its steps back to inception...
I saw them play "Cant Stop" on Top Of The Pops once at a stag do with the sound turned down and the subtitles on and remarked that they were the worst lyrics I'd ever read. I played Fireblade whilst listening to the album... Maybe I just don't like myself very much?
But where The Chemical Brothers "Brothers Gonna Work It Out" album fits very well to a sitting of Deep Impact, so does this album to the final third of The Road To Eldorado in a smiley way. And that's the biggest praise I can give it.

Just Enough Education to Perform
Just Enough Education to Perform
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all gone a bit Matrix on me., 13 Mar 2004
Stereophonics have a knack of performing to anyone but their peers. They know the art of conversation and when it's best to say nothing. Whether it's staring at someone in a jail cell or laughing at themselves in the same position -Maybe- they are cutting edge rock with an Alien twist. Just don't try too hard to swallow Vegas Two Times and have a nice day. Thinking of you, dude.

The Beach
The Beach
by Alex Garland

3.0 out of 5 stars The (well-told) story of a trip to Mars., 12 Mar 2004
This review is from: The Beach (Paperback)
I really liked this book in a reminiscent kind of way. Whereas the Tesseract was coked out of his/your brain. I read the first three chapters of that and realised that these guys were closer to reaching their goal than me and stopped.
Close to Wyndhams Day Of The Triffids at the final third in a "great sex" kind of a way and anodyne a la Star Wars in the opening chapters ... a sort of bugging your mum to dose you up syndrome.
The main character is well portrayed in a metaphysical -hal- like non physical way, even when indulging in acts of masochism. Diamonds are Forever?
You get to a certain point where the author is uncertain of various situations/occurences which has you reaching for the remote but all in all it was an enthralling, read, one which should be taken with a finch of salt.
Having been, I'd certainly go back, with a Gamecube, not an X-Box, of course.

What It Is To Burn
What It Is To Burn
Offered by Quick Discount Sales
Price: 24.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 12 Mar 2004
This review is from: What It Is To Burn (Audio CD)
From the deeply eclectic pop-art cover to the anti-Pop Will Eat Itself-cum-Brit-country tunes and the mocking flying squad et al lyrics... Certainly one to consider buying if you don't live in London, arn't part of the Bracknell massive or have ever had a stealth bomber fly over your head. Or if you're a groundsman, bud.

Otogi: Myth of Demons
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited
Price: 49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The In- viz-able Band?, 12 Nov 2003
This review is from: Otogi: Myth of Demons (Video Game)
I read in the paper today that the average age of video game players is 29. Is it any surprise with the number of "dancing" arcade games cropping up these days?
Otogi is pure oldschool. The feeling I got a couple of years ago downloading MAME and playing the likes of Shinobi which way back I probably stuck enough ten peas into to buy an X-Box.
Otogi is the next step... the sound of your impending demise, the frantic joystick fumbling until you know what you have to do. Put some more money in the slot.
Makes you wonder how all those teens are going to catch up. Dance? BOGUS.