Profile for Jason > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Imperia Italian Pasta Gift Set
Imperia Italian Pasta Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine with horrible instructions, 2 Jan. 2012
I bought this machine based on the previous reviews and wasn't disappointed. Unlike so many other pasta machines, this one is built like a tank. It clamps to the table solidly and I don't doubt I will have it for a very long time. It is also pretty easy to use for the most part.

The only frustrating part is the instructions. No indications of thicknesses or what the differen cutter types are (you can guess most). With some trial and error I am getting perfect pasta.

You don't submerge it in water but if you do he pasta right (not too wet), it is easily cleaned with a paper towel.

I almost gave it 4 stars due to the poor instructions but it is such a good machine for the price I had to keep it at 5.

TRIXES PC & Mouse Remote Controller USB Media Wireless Control
TRIXES PC & Mouse Remote Controller USB Media Wireless Control
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Range, 26 July 2011
I would love this item if I could get it to work fully. After 15 minutes of frustration i held the controller within a foot of the sensor and it worked perfectly. Any further back and it doesn't work. Very disappointing. Amazon will only do a refund, not a replacement so I am giving it 3 stars to be fair(Would definitely give it more if it worked as described.)

240x MICRO LED NATURAL/WARMER WHITE fairy lights, 16.75m, Christmas Festive - 3633-110 Konstsmide
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow wow wow, 25 July 2011
I am always skeptical about two types of lights - LED and Outdoor and this product was both so I took a bit of a chance when ordering. It paid of big time though. I purchased these to line the outside of my deck and my main concern is the insanely bright jarring look of most LEDs. These "natural" LEDs truly live up to the name. If you didn't tell me they were LED I would have assumed they were standard lights. The durability/workmanship is also way better than I thought for the price. I can see these lasting ages compared to previous outdoor lights that might last 3-4 years. Lastly, these are truly outdoor lights as the rubberized control box can actually be out in the elements - not always true of other outdoor lights.

Going to order loads more (Only wish they came as icicle lights for Xmas)

Maxi-Cosi Priori XP Forward Facing Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection)
Maxi-Cosi Priori XP Forward Facing Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Car Seat at a Great Price, 18 July 2011
This is a great seat that is really easy to install (and move) and has loads of great features. The recline can be easily done with one hand and the cover comes off easily for cleaning. I've never had any issues and would buy again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at First Glance but Let Down by Cheap Materials, 4 July 2011
****Update - I previously gave this trike 1 star. In the meantime I have been in contact with the company and they sent me a whole new seat assembly. It is now a 4/5 star product. The replacement came with a black seat not a pink and all the pieces were far better made. The review below would only apply if you got old stock (pink seat).****

1 star if you got old model with a pink seat (See above)

At the time that I purchased this, it had all good reviews. If I had placed one the day it arrived I probably would have placed one as well as my daughter was really excited at the sight of it. Putting it together was the first hiccup. Not everything lines up easily so it takes a bit of work to get it put together and even then, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of some of the parts.

The real issue is the seat. A single bolt holds the seat in place - it doesn't sit on a stable base (just balances on the bar) which means there is constant pressure on that single bolt. This comes to the second issue which is that the bolt goes into thin plastic.

After riding in it a handful of times, the plastic seat cracked and the bolt only held the seat loosely. I have had to since do loads of modifications for the seat to be properly attached.

My daughter is only 18 months old - I have no idea how this setup would hold an older (heavier) child.

I would give this a pass although these types of toys seem to rarely be built to last these days.

Zotac ZBOXHD-ND22-B ZBOX ND22 Mini PC CULV DDR3
Zotac ZBOXHD-ND22-B ZBOX ND22 Mini PC CULV DDR3

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine at an Amazing Price, 24 Jun. 2011
I've only had this unit a couple of days so I plan to update the review based on more long term performance. The advantages of this are that you don't pay for the massive markup other manufacturers charge for things like hard drive space and RAM and gives you the freedom to choose your own OS.

Putting the Hard drive and RAM in took me less than 5 minutes and there is a quick start guide that helps that along. One criticism that doesn't affect the star rating (since it isn't a reflection on the product) is that I went with the bundle offered up based on what previous customers have bought. This was the unit, a hard drive and 2GB memory. Unfortunately I didn't read the fine print and the memory was DDRII while this machine takes DDRIII - so if you are buying memory - be careful! Luckily it is so easy to return things to Amazon, it was probably faster than a trip to a local store.

The downsides would be that the unit does feel a bit flimsy when taking the back cover off. I realize this is to keep the weight down but I was slightly nervous trying to slide it off. The stand it comes with also has a weird and slightly unstable way of attaching. Luckily this machine is so light, the stand doesn't have any pressure on it.

I was hoping to mount this on the back of my TV but the mounting bracket that comes with it only works with small TVs or monitors. I kinda figured this would be the case so no big issue there.

Getting the OS on took me a while as there is very little documentation on it - Some online research and I finally figured it out. Facts like hitting delete at the splash screen and not a function key would have been nice to know.

Once I got it running though it is a powerful little box with ample connections and runs whisper quiet.

Really looking forward to putting it through its paces and a strong 4/5 so far.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 3:15 PM BST

Lamaze Soft Sorter
Lamaze Soft Sorter
Offered by Dealberry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Sorter (Baby Product)
My daughter has been playing with this toy off and on for around a year. A few reviewers mention how any shape will fit through any hole if pushed through. Although I agree, that isn't the point. My daughter enjoyed just pushing the shapes into the box at first then slowly learned which are "proper fits". The fact it is so soft meant she could play with it from an early age. Each piece makes a different noise or has a different material. Well built and Highly recommended.

Tuk 3.6mm x 200mm Cable Ties
Tuk 3.6mm x 200mm Cable Ties

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, 13 Jun. 2011
What can you say about a cable tie - the gloss black color is sexy? Basically these work exactly like you would expect a cable tie to work and are very reasonably priced. Good buy.

TASSIMO Kenco Colombian 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)
TASSIMO Kenco Colombian 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coffee for the Machine, 13 Jun. 2011
We did the whole sampler thing when we first got our Tassimo and I was disappointed with most of them - I'm looking at you insipid hot chocolate! This is the one "pod" that gave a generous cup of amazing tasting coffee. We now only by this one flavour and it still makes the machine worth it.

Disney Princess Flocked Chair
Disney Princess Flocked Chair

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little chair for the price, 13 Jun. 2011
When I pulled the chair out of the box and started blowing it up, I wasn't completely convinced of the quality and how long it would last. 6 months later, however, and it's still looking good. My daughter loves it and although it is prone to tipping over easily at first, she got the hang of it. We put a few pillows around it until then (She started sitting in it at around 14 months).

I would suggest for the price, its a worthy little purchase.

Page: 1 | 2