Profile for JF > Reviews

ihomegadget Leather WALLET CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 i9500 Blue
Offered by 32ndShop
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight case that's easy to fit., 14 Sep 2013
This is a nice lightweight case that the phone clips in to easily and resembles a small notebook. The version I was dispatched is very slightly different than the photo. Colours etc., are all the same, but mine is more Matt in appearance (which I like), and there is no model text on the little blue tab as in the picture. The closure tab also aligns in the middle of the case (which is a good thing), rather than along the top of the brown colour band in the picture. The closure band can also be attached to the back of the case, so when open you don't have to worry about it flapping about and scratching the screen.

The inside of the case has a few slots you could use for cards/notes.

Vantasy Antique Magic Roman Half Hunter Black Steel Hollow Skeleton Hand Wind Mechanical Pocket Watch Long Chain Value Quality
Offered by E821 Mall
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, Keeps time well with a daily wind, 14 Sep 2013
This watch keeps time well with a daily wind. The case and chain is more of a very dark gun metal colour than black in my view, but the face is black (and you can see the contrast between the colours very well in the pictures with the listing). I actually think it works well in that colour, rather than a straight black colour and I'm very pleased with the overall look of the watch. This is the first pocket watch I've bought (and it comes with no instructions) so I fiddled a bit to work out setting and winding . (Broadly speaking, time setting by pressing the small button on top and twisting the large nut; winding by working the nut back and forth) The cover sometimes fails to clip back into place on the first attempt; and will occasionally spring open of its own accord - however, I suspect this may be my partner's fault from ham-fisted attempts to set the time for me when the watch arrived; rather than an original flaw in the watch itself. (He's not the most subtle creature in the Universe, and I did hand something delicate to him with a bit of trepidation in the first place). I'm absolutely delighted with it overall, it's clipped well into my handbag pocket. I would definitely buy from this seller again - it was dispatched within an hour of order and arrived within a few days.

Pyramid Products CARAVAN AWNING EXTENDING TELESCOPIC STIFF BRUSH / BROOM
Pyramid Products CARAVAN AWNING EXTENDING TELESCOPIC STIFF BRUSH / BROOM

3.0 out of 5 stars Packs down well, does the job, but seems to have broken, 22 Aug 2013
This brush didn't quite make it through a 3 week holiday. The telescopic handle is a bit fiddly to secure and release. It actually does the brushing job well and packs down to a good small size (the brush head comes off) so I was able to pack it away in a "Really Useful box". However, since being reduced in size by a teenager it no longer secures to full size well, and some sections collapse on themselves. He's not a particularly boisterous lad either; and I can't see that he's actually broken in any way - it just now needs replacing (or using as a stubby brush)

Genuine Volkswagen Split Windscreen VW Campervan Camper Van Washbag Wash Bag Travel Bag - Blue
Offered by Dean & Shepherd Ltd
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sized bag with a couple of internal pockets and well made, 22 Aug 2013
Plenty of space in this bag for a full set of toiletries for the shower. There are a couple of small internal pockets in the lining. The bag is well made and has good quality zips! The double-zip feature on the "roof" has been installed upside down meaning that the zips don't spoil the roofline.

It looks great - instead of keeping my toiletries bag in the drawer at work, it's now got pride of place on display.

Basil Elements Bicycle Shoulder Bag - Blue, 40 x 14 x 29 cm
Basil Elements Bicycle Shoulder Bag - Blue, 40 x 14 x 29 cm
Price: 36.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made bag that looks like a handbag but *really* needs rain cover, 19 Aug 2013
This bag is lined beautifully. It is made from recycled canvas. It's about 35 cm long, 27 cm high. It clips securely on to the rack with 2 easy to secure and release clips and doesn't bounce around much when cycling. There are pockets on each end and an internal pocket about 20 cm square in the lining. The clips hide away discretely in a pocket on the back of the bag and altogether I'm really pleased with it. It looks like a handbag and nothing like a pannier ... which is what I wanted and I'd be happy to buy another in the future.

But ... 2 negatives. You can't adjust the distance between the clips at all, so I've had to modify my rack slightly so that the bag doesn't slide along it. This is minor.

The big negative is that it doesn't come with a custom raincover. My ride to work is very splashy/muddy and my panniers have always got muddy spots on the back of them where their raincovers don't reach which didn't bother me. However, as this is a handbag I don't want to be carrying a muddy ruined bag around with me all day. I've ended up double-bagging it with a cheap/flimsy rucksack cover inserted in the clips to cover the back of the bag, and then a hump rucksack cover to hold the first one in place and protect the top/bottom and front. The hump on its own can't cover enough of the back of the bag to protect it from splashes behind (that's probably true for all rucksack covers).

If it came with a decent raincover that protected the whole bag it would be a definite 5 star item!

Offline Translator - French Pack
Offline Translator - French Pack
Price: 6.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not very reliable as a translator, 8 Aug 2013
I bought this prior to a 3 week holiday in France for quick reference. The tool has a number of different modes/functions but I only made use of translate (a passage of text) and dictionary look up. I found the translate function to be really unreliable - it frequently left English words in the French translation; even for basic things (like days of the week). Despite my very limited French, I found that I wasn't happy with the phrasing of the French translations it was doing when it was actually coming up with real French. I ended up having to do a lot of cross referencing with the dictionary to gain any confidence in its translations prior to dealing with any complex situations. It took me half an hour one day of cross-referencing to get enough confidence in the French I needed to book a vet over the phone.

The dictionary function was also not very comprehensive - it's my habit to look up (French) words that I don't know and I found approximately half the time, it couldn't help me out with what must have been simple road signs etc., I reverted to paying for an internet connection to use the web to try to find French words for the latter parts of my holiday.

Some dictionary responses were also not very accurate. I have 2 collies which I now know the French actually conveniently call collies too. The dictionary told me the translation for collie was effectively Scottish Shepherd - none of the French people had a clue what I was on about (despite occasionally showing them the text on my kindle); and it was only when one of them said "Ah, collie" that my holiday got a lot easier to deal with!

Overall, not very satisfied with this product - use with caution.

Also, if you take a tricolour collie to the South of France, be prepared to explain constantly that they're not Australian Shepherds :-)

TWIN (2) PACK OF UNION JACK 5FT x 3FT GREAT BRITAIN FLAGS
TWIN (2) PACK OF UNION JACK 5FT x 3FT GREAT BRITAIN FLAGS
Offered by Global Bargains 4u
Price: 3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 8 Aug 2013
I bought these as capes/flags for sporting events. At 1.70 each delivered, these flags are fantastic value for money. Unlike another reviewer, mine have eyelets. Very happy with these!

Fiamma Pack Organiser Toiletries
Fiamma Pack Organiser Toiletries
Offered by iShop247
Price: 16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars It's big enough for a long haired woman's toiletries., 7 Aug 2013
After returning from a 3 week trip,I was forced to buy this organiser by my partner who is apparently "confused, embarrassed and distressed" on campsites by my previous need for 3 toiletries bags. To cut a long story short this organiser is big enough to replace the 3 toiletries bags so he's now a happy camper.

There is a large central section with two sets of pockets which unzip above and below the central section so it is quite long when fully unzipped. (If you look around other sites for a picture of it opened out it's more obvious) and a hook that can go over a door. There's also a hanging point stitched into the top.

The large central section is plenty big enough for all the big shower bottles (Big Shampoo, Big Conditioner, Shower Gel, Hair taming mousse etc.,) even when the outside pockets are being used and zipped up around it. <- That used to be in bag number 1/"Shower Toiletries"

There are a generous number of pockets in the upper and lower sections - certainly enough to hold all the toothpaste, de-hagging moisturisers, makeup remover, cotton pads, that I used to have in bag number 2 "Morning/Evening toiletries"

There's also side pockets and zip sections all over the place suitable for contact lenses, nail scissors, bobbles, clips and the other bits and bobs I used to have in bag number 3 "Controlling extremities toiletries"

It comes with a little mirror which can be attached to the outside of one of the pockets too.

I can't comment on it as a family organiser, but it does seem sturdy enough to be hung over a door and used as a form of shelving. However, if you've never been able to find an adequate toiletries bag to deal with all your bits and bobs and always scoff at descriptions of toiletries bags being "large" then this is the toiletries bag for you.

Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions
Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions
Price: 1.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and amusing, 11 May 2013
This is a good spot the difference game! The music is quite creepy, the pictures are quite dark but that is part of the mood. Some differences are quite hard to spot (and small) but that's what makes it challenging. My only issue is that I would like more pictures (or at least different combinations of differences per picture) I've had about 3-4 hours play out of this and I'm now able to remember them all for some of the pictures. I was hoping to download more images but there is just another variation of the game with a different theme available (I like the creepiness)

Dicky Bag Splat, Large, Black
Dicky Bag Splat, Large, Black
Price: 31.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, not as anticipated., 12 Mar 2013
I've just taken mine out on its first outing, and I have to say I'm disappointed with this.

Firstly, the "Universal clip" supplied with the bag doesn't appear to be the one in any of the pictures of these bags, or as pictured on the box itself. It's a medium-low quality carabiner with a smallish clipping space and a metal "paperclip style" lever. I don't have any confidence that it'll hold out with a full bag of poops swinging around on the back of a rucksack, so I'm going to have to replace it with a better quality clip. It has enough space to clip to a ring; but might struggle around webbing on a rucksack etc.,

Secondly, the poobag dispensing feature in the lid is not good. There's no way to load it from above, so you have to push the bags through from underneath through the hole they dispense through. This means it's impossible to put them in in a way that they'll dispense easily. The rubber is also quite strong gripping. Despite my best efforts to load this sensibly, when I then went to remove a bag the whole lot came out in one go (and 15 loose bags flapping around while you're trying to handle 2 dogs and a poop is not very convenient). I'm going to have to take a sharp knife to this to remove the rubber divider, so at least the space can be used for poop instead.

I bought large size, with 2 large sized border collies and it's about the right size for 4 of their offerings.

It does seem to keep the smell in (so far), so it manages that; but it's overpriced for just that feature.

Page: 1 | 2