ARRAY(0xb0eaedd4)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Essex)

Big Bargain Retractable Metal Stylus Resistive Touch Screen Pen for Mobile Phone PDA LG

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 20 Feb 2013
This stylus does not work on my Nexus or Experia Go and the point is hard plastic, useless for touch screens. It took a month to arrive too.

The Human Factor (Vintage Classics)
The Human Factor (Vintage Classics)
by Graham Greene
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Human Spies, 15 Feb 2013
In The Human Factor, Graham Greene takes a close look at human relationships and motivations. He captures personality and interactions with a compassionate, understanding eye, managing to write about the mundanities of life while also weaving a heartbreaking story of treachery and lies. If you are looking for spy novels with car chases and sex then look to another author. But if you would like to read beautiful and terrible stories of life in the secret side of the civil service then reach for a Graham Greene novel.

Beowulf: A New Translation
Beowulf: A New Translation
by Seamus Heaney
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but abridged, 23 July 2012
I love Beowulf and for poetic translations (as opposed to scholarly and accurate ones) Heaney's version gets a massive thumbs up from me, so I was really looking forward to plugging myself in to listen to this. However, while it is enjoyable, it is abridged, which I hadn't realised (that phrase 'unabridged excerpts' only now shouts at me from the cover). I realise that it isn't claimed that it's unabridged but it's not made entirely obvious either. It's particularly galling as some of my favourite bits are missed out (the swimming contest and Unferth's challenge).

Knitting Rules!
Knitting Rules!
by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Knitting Rules! (Paperback)
This book had me laughing out loud and reading bits to my somewhat bemused husband. I really enjoyed it and am itching to try her 'recipes' for socks, hats and shawls. You could, looking at the contents page, get the impression there might be a sweater 'recipe' in here too. Unfortunately there isn't; that would be worth an extra star!

The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft
The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft
by Ronald Hutton
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 May 2006
Hutton's treatment of the history of modern Paganism not only clarified the facts about paganism as a whole, it also gave me a greater understanding of what draws me to paganism. He sweeps away some of the myths around modern Paganism while recognising it as a valid spirituality. I thoroughly recommend this book to any Pagan, or indeed to any non-Pagan.