Profile for JP > Reviews

JP

ECHOES OF THE DREAMTIME
ECHOES OF THE DREAMTIME

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous album - immerse yourself, 11 Feb. 2016
This review is from: ECHOES OF THE DREAMTIME (Audio CD)
This album has an american folk/chill vibe, with a great guitars and some "bite" - you just have to immerse yourself and you'll see.. Best album I've heard since Sufjan Stevens from last year ..
Starts off with 7th ray - ambience of first aid kit ..
Tokyo's dancing - jangly, catchy chorus - "we go back and forward, round and round' - pacy country feel
Little Radio - Gentle opening "I don't feel happy but I dont feel that bad, where is the best thing I have ever had?" .. Feel of Chrissy Hyde and a killer chorus - "And a song comes on the radio.. " Guitars.. And by 1 minute 30 you are away!
First Light of winter - "I'm travelling down a dark road, going places that no-one knows".. Poetry .. a great guitar .. Rocky build up, even echo of Stairway to heaven.. I could go on, but

Life Is Beautiful
Life Is Beautiful
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous music, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Life Is Beautiful (Audio CD)
I have had this album for 6 months and I still listen to it - its actually coming from a christian angle, but dont let that put you off - these are just lovely catchy pop tunes, very up lifting and heart felt - breath in breath out is lovely - but the first 5-6 tracks are all great - great job done by people I'd never heard of - not sure whether they will come to the UK (they are bigger in the US) but I hope they do...

Crimson/Red
Crimson/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Crimson/Red (Audio CD)
This album has an amazing combination of an old fashioned/romantic feel, together with a completely up to date feel..
I absolutely loved "Lets change the world with music" (the lost in time album) and was slightly unsure about it on the first listen - I thought it might be a bit "slight", but now I have listened a few times I must confess I just keep on playing it - its just a charming journey of emotion, musicianship, quality production and .... I could go on - The absolute stand out track for me is Adolescence - but they are all (without exception) lovely tracks, short-sweet and charming ! Enjoy..

ALPHA BLONDY / JAH VICTORY
ALPHA BLONDY / JAH VICTORY

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Reggae, 11 Feb. 2013
What a cover of Wish you were here!
I almost prefer this to the original and great groove and superb backing
Some other good chill-out reggae on top

I Grandi Successi
I Grandi Successi

4.0 out of 5 stars Felicita is just great, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: I Grandi Successi (Audio CD)
Missed it first time round, but lovely tunes
In the style of ABBA with a lovely Italian twist ~ listen

Kabaret
Kabaret

4.0 out of 5 stars worthy of the best Piaf, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Kabaret (Audio CD)
Lovely voice, great production

Et si fallait la fair ~ a barn storming tune ~ pity it isnt better known in the UK

Zest Of Zazie
Zest Of Zazie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Zest Of Zazie (Audio CD)
Je suis un homme ~ what a song/ what a voice!
Lots of tunes in this album with a good french feel less well known in the UK

Catching Rays on Giant
Catching Rays on Giant

4.0 out of 5 stars Where have they been all these years?, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Catching Rays on Giant (Audio CD)
Love it more and more as I listen to it
Just a fabulous combination of synth pop emotion and great production
They deserve greater success

December
December

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing as a Christmas album, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
This album is up there with the early best Enya albums ~ an atmospheric journey through a winter wonderland.. Indie / non traditional songs sung in the most chill-out / relaxing way ~ ranging from Joni mitchell's River to The Pretenders 2000 miles ~ and lots of modern stuff in-between and if "Tears can Sparkle too" doesn't tug at your heart-strings ~ what does?!!