Profile for Christian > Reviews

Content by Christian

Christian (Düsseldorf)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars weak signal, please buy a different brand, 22 Jan. 2014
The signal on my ALFA ASU036H adapter was much weaker than with the original 5dBi antenna. the quality is not very high, I recommend buying original branded items, like Alfa, TP-Link or similar quality. Saving money on an antenna is a bad idea.

Stainless Steel 5/16 in. (8 mm) Thor's Mjollnir (Hammer) Dome Ring (Available in Sizes N to Z+2), Size P

1.0 out of 5 stars not functional, weak material, 22 Jan. 2014
this item does not meet general quality criteria. Overall fit and finish is poor and the ring lacks a certain appeal, after wearing it for only 2 weeks there were so many scratches, marks and dings like it was 1 year old.

I suggest it would be a better idea to buy a street jewelry item for better quality.

Mammut Formula 90 Vanilla Protein Powder 1000gm
Mammut Formula 90 Vanilla Protein Powder 1000gm

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, works but taste is not the best! Tastes a lot better with milk than water!, 4 Sept. 2013
This protein supplement has a blend of different wheys, please read the label before buying the product. It does contain soy protein.

TASTE:
I have tried almost every brand out there in the last 5 years of training.
The taste has a floury side taste due to the soy derivatives and it may be seen as unattractive if mixed with water (it is a lot better with milk or juice). The vanilla taste is there but not very strong.

Overall - if you are used to Met RX or Optimum Nutrition you will not be happy with the taste. Given the very low price point this is acceptable.

Mixing with WATER:
Using a SMART SHAKER (tm) - mixes OK with water, there are no lumps and the process is quick. There is a little bit of foam if you put a mixing ball in the shaker.

Mixing with MILK (low-fat 0.3% milk):
Using a SMART SHAKER - mixes really well, taste is excellent. No lumps or issues. If you shake it hard enough there will be a little bit of "foam" on top of your shake which is good.

Mixing with fruit juice:
I have tried MINUTE MAID Orange Juice - mixing was no problem but I personally didn't like the rocky-road/orange taste.

Mixing/Combining with Quaker Oats (oatmeal/porridge):
Optimum Nutrition with oatmeal adds a great taste and makes the oatmeal more appealing. This is my shake after my workouts (24g whey protein, 20g oatmeal).

NEGATIVE / ADVERSE effects on my body, skin or hair: NONE.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Rocky Road Protein Powder 908g
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Rocky Road Protein Powder 908g

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to add lean muscle to your body - **** ROCKY ROAD **** taste, 8 Jun. 2012
How did Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein improve my training and/or diet?
I ran out of whey powder before I bought this tub on Amazon. I have trained several periods in the last years with and without whey protein (replaced shakes with natural protein sources). I personally like the quick absorption of Optimum Nutrition Whey, the flexibility and creativity it adds to my day-to-day activities and the quality of the product. I have barely any other option to quickly get a protein amount while I am juggling my job, my workouts and while I am outside of my house.
I personally think this whey protein has very positive effects on my training - I take 1 shake after my workout and (depending on diet/day) 1 shake before going to sleep.

(I have gained about 14 lbs of lean muscle mass in the last 11 months of training - 4 day split). I also run 2-3 times a week (approx. 30 minutes).

TASTE:
I have tried several brands before I discovered Optimum Nutrition. Rocky Road is not my favorite taste. However my friends really like it. For some consumers, the taste improves if you just mix it with water.

Mixing/Combining with Quaker Oats (oatmeal/porridge):
Optimum Nutrition with oatmeal adds a great taste and makes the oatmeal more appealing. This is my secret shake after my workouts (24g whey protein, 20g oatmeal and a shot of honey).

NEGATIVE / ADVERSE effects on body, skin or hair: NONE.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Cookies and Cream Protein Powder 908g
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Cookies and Cream Protein Powder 908g

5.0 out of 5 stars Add LEAN muscle mass to your body with Optimum Nutrition **** cookies & cream ******, 8 Jun. 2012
How did Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein improve my training and/or diet?

TASTE:
I have tried several brands before I discovered Optimum Nutrition. Cookies & Cream is probably too sweet for some consumers, the taste improves if you just mix it with water (milk, juices and the like have too much sweetness already).

Mixing with fruit juice:
I have tried MINUTE MAID Orange Juice - mixing was no problem but I personally didn't like the cookie/cream/orange taste.

Mixing/Combining with Quaker Oats (oatmeal/porridge):
ON Double Rich Chocolate with oatmeal adds a great taste and makes the oatmeal more appealing. However, there is also a floury side taste (similar to mixing with water alone) which is the only downside. I can live with it.

NEGATIVE / ADVERSE effects on body, skin or hair: NONE.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 1:36 AM GMT

Apple IPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0
Apple IPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0

2.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it will work, 15 April 2012
This cable (USB) for the current/previous apple devices works about 75% of the time. charging/synching doesn't seem to work at all when you use it.
The price is very low but I would recommend to invest more for a better product.

fit/finish:
The metal pins are too wide and the fit with an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod nano (6th gen) was NOT that great.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Protein Shake Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, low calories, good price. BEST quality out there!, 12 Mar. 2012
Effects on training:
I ran out of whey powder before I bought this tub on Amazon. I have trained several periods in the last years with and without whey protein (replaced shakes with natural protein sources). I personally like the quick absorption of Optimum Nutrition Whey, the flexibility and creativity it adds to my day-to-day activities and the quality of the product. I have barely any other option to quickly get a protein amount while I am juggling my job, my workouts and my friends.
I personally think this whey protein has good effects on my training.

(I have gained about 10 lbs of muscle mass in the last 12 months of training - 4 day split). I run 2-3 times a week (approx. 30 minutes).

TASTE:
I have tried several brands before I discovered Optimum Nutrition. I prefer the Milk CHOCOLATE taste and it really does taste like chocolate. There are sweeteners in this whey but you can't really taste them.

Mixing with WATER:
Using a SMART SHAKER (tm) - mixes OK with water, there are no lumps and the process is quick. However the TASTE changes a bit if you are using the Milk CHOCOLATE with water only.

Mixing with fruit juice:
I have tried MINUTE MAID Orange Juice - mixing was no problem but I personally didn't like the chocolate/orange taste (but I also don't like this combination in chocolate, others love it - just try it out!)

Mixing/Combining with Quaker Oats (oatmeal/porridge):
ON Double Rich Chocolate with oatmeal adds a great chocolate taste and makes the oatmeal more appealing. However, there is also a floury side taste (similar to mixing with water alone) which is the only downside. I can live with it.

NEGATIVE / ADVERSE effects on body, skin or hair:
None.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 4712 g Double Chocolate Protein Shake Powder

monstersupplements also sent me a free shaker and a sample (PhD gain chocolate).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 9:32 PM BST

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder, 2.27 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars The best whey for almost any bodybuilder or serious sports star, 19 Aug. 2011
Effects on training:
I ran out of whey powder before I bought this 2.2 kg tub on Amazon. I have trained several periods in the last years with and without whey protein (replaced shakes with natural protein sources). I personally like the quick absorption of Optimum Nutrition Whey, the flexibility and creativity it adds to my day-to-day activities and the quality of the product. I have barely any other option to quickly get a protein amount while I am on the run.
I personally think this whey protein has good effects on my training.

(I have gained about 11 lbs of muscle mass in the last 12 months of training - 4 day split, 60-80 minutes per session).

TASTE:
I have tried several brands before I discovered Optimum Nutrition. I prefer the DOUBLE RICH CHOCOLATE taste and it really does taste like chocolate. There are sweeteners in this whey but you can't really taste them.

Mixing with WATER:
Using a SMART SHAKER (tm) - mixes OK with water, there are no lumps and the process is quick. However the TASTE changes a bit if you are using the DOUBLE RICH CHOCOLATE with water only.

Mixing with MILK (low-fat 0.3% milk):
Using a SMART SHAKER (tm) - mixes really well, taste is excellent. No lumps or issues. If you shake it hard enough there will be a little bit of "foam" on top of your shake which is good.

NEGATIVE / ADVERSE effects on body, skin or hair:
None.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 11:24 AM BST