Profile for J. Loftus > Reviews

Content by J. Loftus

J. Loftus "JohnLondon" (London, UK)

Renaissance: The Mix Collection - M.A.N.D.Y.
Renaissance: The Mix Collection - M.A.N.D.Y.
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars The best electronic music I've heard for years (and I've heard a lot), 12 May 2010
I discovered mandy through their "at the controls" mix which was excellent and very different, but this, this is class. A lot of DJ/producers have reached a creative cul-de-sac of late. They can and still do knock them out but the output lacks any imagination or flair. It seems to be done by rote. There are a few exceptions and mandy is definitely one of them, the leading exception I would say. They have reinvigorated the genre by showing everyone new possibilities. Worth every penny.

A Book of Silence
A Book of Silence
by Sara Maitland

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bool of Silence, 2 Feb. 2009
This review is from: A Book of Silence (Hardcover)
This is my first review and the only reason I'm bothering is to add my praise for this book. I like peace and quiet and I find it shocking that some people have to have background noise because they find silence disturbing. I bought this book because of this mind interest in silence. This book is deeply personal and intelligent and also spiritual. When you read it you will be taken on a personal journey of a woman who wishes to explore silence. The writing is emotionally honest, the cultural references wide-ranging and the spirit of adventure that pervades the book deeply moving. It is the most enjoyable non-fiction book I have read for years.