Profile for Elliemuff > Reviews

Content by Elliemuff

Elliemuff

CTE 24v 8 Amp Mobility Scooter Battery Charger
CTE 24v 8 Amp Mobility Scooter Battery Charger

3.0 out of 5 stars Advertised with a fan but has no fan in the unit, 26 April 2014
I have one of these units and sent it back because the fan did not work. The replacement unit fan also did not work. I enquired what was going on and was told that the charger does not have a fan. Unit works OK but does get hot. I don't think it is ideal for older or disabled people because of the risk of getting burned. There are far better units on the market at half the stated price. Shop around and ask for VAT exemption if you are registered disabled. Avoid disability stores, Their prices are always very high to the point of being extortionate.

Dorr 86mm UV Digi Line Slim Filter
Dorr 86mm UV Digi Line Slim Filter
Offered by HarrisonCameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens Protection at a Reasonable Price, 25 Jan 2014
I never buy a new lens without also buying a UV filter. I believe that at the very least you get protection for the very expensive glass in your lens at a reasonable price. This one from Amazon is robust,thin,fits very well and, at the price, affordable. A number of filters I have tried in the past do not always accept the Lens Cap provided with your lens but again this one does. Personally I am not interested in its UV filtering capabilities but I can say that it does not in any way alter the image you are photographing, colours are just as the camera sees them. If you, like me, like the idea of protecting your valuable lens, at under £12:00 including postage and packaging, take a long hard look at this one before you decide. Thoroughly recommended. Oh! and the post time was under three days as well.

FLOSO® Mens Plain Peaked Thermal Trapper Hat
FLOSO® Mens Plain Peaked Thermal Trapper Hat

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Delivery Speed, 22 Jan 2014
Ordered Monday evening delivered Wednesday same week. This plus the excellent quality and fit of the item makes it the perfect purchase. For less than £6:00 including delivery is better than reasonable. I would thoroughly recommend this hat to anybody. Buy one you can't go wrong.

LCD Timer Battery Grip For Canon BG-E6 BGE6 EOS 5D Mark II 5D2 Mark 2+ Remote+2X LP-E6 LPE6 Batteries
Offered by bpsltduk

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't buy 3rd party equipment but this is the exception, 28 Dec 2013
Just received this BG E6 battery grip for my Canon 5D mk2 camera. Arrived very quickly from the supplier and was well packed. Let me say straight away that I favour buying OE but the price of the grip from Canon was excessive forcing me to look else where.
This one from Amazon fitted the bill being identical to the OE with the added bonuses of an LCD screen built in for timing purposes, 2 x extra 2100mah batteries plus a spare LCD battery, a remote control, and a spare battery tray for AA batteries should you ever need them and all for under £90:00.
The build quality of the unit is excellent as are the screw fittings for attachment to the camera and for your tripod retaining the original threads. One nice touch is the little pocket inside the grip to keep your original battery cover safe should you ever wish to remove the grip. From a strength and ergonomic point of view the batteries are fitted from one end of the unit rather than the back like similar devices. This idea must enhance the stiffness of the grip considerably and makes battery changing a lot less fiddly. The instructions are clear and precise and well worth reading before you fit the unit. Once fitted the unit transforms the appearance and use of the camera. Whilst it does add weight to your camera if like me you are used to lugging a 5D mk2 with any L series lens on the front the extra weight is handleable and the camera feels well balanced.
All in all I am very impressed with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers
by Martin Evening

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR A BEGINNER, 26 April 2013
IF YOU ARE NEW TO LIGHTROOM OR COMPUTER PHOTO PROCESSING THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOU. I FOUND THIS BOOK WELL CONSTRUCTED BUT THOUGHT THAT IT WAS FAR TOO COMPLICATED FOR A NEW USER OF LIGHTROOM. IN A LOT OF CASES IT SEEMED TO ASSUME THAT I KNEW ABOUT PREVIOUS LIGHTROOM EDITIONS. PERHAPS I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED FOR SOMETHING 'FOR DUMMIES' AS WHILE I COULD FOLLOW SOME OF THE INSTRUCTIONS I THEN GOT LOST DUE TO NO PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE OR USE OF LIGHTROOM. I HAVE USED ANOTHER SYSTEM FOR PROCESSING MY PHOTOS WITH GOOD RESULTS AND WANTED TO 'UPGRADE' BUT I FOUND THIS DIFFICULT TO DO WITH THIS BOOK AS AN AID TO UNDERSTANDING LIGHTROOM 4 AND OBTAINING ALL THE BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME.

5FT Rectangular folding trestle table - folds in half with fold-away legs. FT-11
Offered by Folding Tables UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars REPLACEMENT FOLDING TABLE FOR EVENT SALES., 7 Mar 2013
As a motor cycle racing photgrapher I rely on selling images at the track as well as on line. I used to place my images and Lap top on cheap pasting tables that would collapse at the mearest chance. After trawling the net I came accross this five foot folding table.

My first impressions are that it is built not only to last but also to support considerably more weight than I would want to put on it. The plastic top is just a wipe to clean and the metal legs fold away very easily. A nice feature of the legs is that they lock into position with a simple sliding ring and the table itself when unfolded locks agian with simple sliding pegs ensuring that it cannot move or collapse. The carrying handle also folds out of the way when the table is in use.

At the price, this table is a must for any body that needs a table that can be conveniently stored after use. I like it and would recommend it to any body.

Oh, as a bonus it was ordered on Tuesday and arrived Thursday of the same week delivery free.

Swordfish 330HD A3 Professional Paper/Document Laminator for Home/Office Ref: 48151

5.0 out of 5 stars Swordfish A3 proffesional laminator 330 HD, 8 Jan 2012
I was in need of a solid laminator that was capable of laminating up to 500 microns thickness and A3 pouches in size. Having previously owned and used laminators with suspect heat contols I was aware of just how important that particular part of the laminator was. The Swordfish 330 HD haS a very sensitive and easy to use/adjust control. This coupled with the jam free roller set up make it one of the best. It also does not rely on the use of a carrier which makes it less expensive to use.

You would expect that any laminating device on the market to be trouble free from day one and last a long time but they don't. My first impressions on this one is that it is solidly built, easy to use, and if you shop around very reasonably priced. I bought mine from Amazon and was very satisfied with the price, delivery and service.

There is a good sight worth a visit to gain information on frequently asked questions. It is called "Swordfish Laminators-Frequently Asked Questions" it seems to cover the entire range of laminators made by Swordfish.

To sum up if you need an A3 x 500 micron laminator buy the Swordfish 330 HD or at the very least take a good hard look at it and then look at the opposition. Obviously it will laminate smaller pouches as well but the simple fact that it will go that big if you rquire is a bonus.

If you decide to go for it shop around because you could land up paying a lot more than is necessary. Amazon seem pretty good to me.