Profile for Chunkychops > Reviews

Chunkychops "gadgetvictim" (Taunton)

Page: 1 | 2
RST Titanium Outlast WP 1106 Waterproof Armoured Motorcycle Gloves Black Large
RST Titanium Outlast WP 1106 Waterproof Armoured Motorcycle Gloves Black Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling apart, leaking and fading after 3 months, 22 Aug. 2015
I bought these for my 2 month, trip around Europe covering Scandinavia to Spain. They were to replace my ageing Frank Thomas Gore-Tex gloves . The delivery was quick and the gloves initially looked sturdy and well made for a high end price. The fit is very good but that is about the only good point about the gloves as, unfortunately, it quickly became clear that they were not waterproof as described and started to wear pretty quickly and the stitching has started to come away particularly where the hard knuckle insert is. The Outlast lining which was supposed to be 'warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather' but I found them pretty much impossible to wear in hot weather and had to buy a lightweight pair in Italy. Having had the gloves for 8 months but only really worn them for 3 months, they look very tired and worn. Both the fabric and the leather bits have faded to greyish and I cannot see them lasting much longer. Definitely not worth the £73 that I paid for them

Eternal Detention: Book 3 (Dark Lord)
Eternal Detention: Book 3 (Dark Lord)
by Jamie Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs laughing gas when we have The Dark Lord?, 4 Jan. 2015
I received the previous two books (The Teenage Years and A Fiend in Need) as a Christmas present a year ago and I absolutely loved reading them and howling with laughter. With 'The Eternal Detention' I am restricting myself to just 2 chapters before bedtime simply because I do not want to finish reading the book too quickly. This trilogy has to be the maddest and funniest books I have read for a very long time. The only thing I am gutted about is this book is MUCH shorter that the previous ones. The curse of a thousand guffs be upon Jamie Thomson.

Transcend 32GB Premium SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 400x Memory Card
Transcend 32GB Premium SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 400x Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars I have noticed the camera - a Sony DSC-HX9V definately ..., 4 Jan. 2015
I have noticed the camera - a Sony DSC-HX9V definately responds quicker between taking photos. Other than that only time will tell how long it lasts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my 13 year old daughter and she ..., 4 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my 13 year old daughter and she loves it. Top quality materials and it should last unlike her previous one.

EC Technology Foldable Wireless Keyboard Ultra-Slim with Aluminium Alloy Body for IOS, Windows and Android
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pocket sized bluetooth keyboard, 4 Jan. 2015
I received this little bluetooth keyboard just before Christmas and the whole family has been playing with it on our iPads and Android Phones (Motorola Moto G) and we love it!
Whichever way you look at it, This is an impressive little gadget - folded, it's half the size of an iPad mini and has both a quality feel and look to it and is encased in aluminium (including the hinges on the fold out arms) so the keyboard should be resistant to scratches and other wear and tear. The keyboard opens with a satisfying 'thunk' and the magnets will keep it open and it is difficult to tell that this has been unfolded! One neat little touch is tiny rubber pads on the underside of the hinges which prevent the keyboard from sliding around if you are using this on a plane or train however the hinge mechanism prevents the keyboard lying flat so there is a slight wobble when you hit any of the end keys.
So what is it like to use? The pairing process is a doddle - Open keyboard and it looks like a standard Macintosh one and once the power light has stopped flashing (5 seconds), press a couple of keys and then pair on your device. It took less than a second to do this on my iPad and Motorola Moto G. Once the keyboard has been paired, it will be recognized permanently. I have also paired the keyboard to my iMac running Yosemite (OS 10.10.1) and typing this review with it. The keys are pretty much full size and have a decent feel to them. The 'power-on' light also doubles as the Caps Lock indicator. I would have liked to have had back lit keys but other than that, I cannot fault this lovely keyboard.
So, to sum up
Pros - Very compact, high quality and highly compatible with various operating systems
Cons - The need to carry the tablet and keyboard separately, slight wobble to keyboard
Comment Comment | Permalink

Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop
Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop
Offered by E Supplier

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality and Classy, 21 July 2014
As far as the case is concerned, it really is top notch - well made, looks classy and probably last a long time. My only issue was with the postage costs which was nearly as much as the cost of the item.

Sony NWZA865B.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - Black
Sony NWZA865B.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Music Quality But Macintosh Owners Beware!, 28 Feb. 2012
I bought this as I wanted to enjoy high quality music and the reviews sounded too good to ignore. This little Walkman has become a real love hate gadget. The ONLY good bit for me is the music quality - it really is good especially with a decent pair of headphones. The supplied in ear buds can be uncomfortable after a while. My biggest gripe by a massively long way is the incompatibility with my Mac. I cannot safely eject the Walkman icon from the desktop after 'syncing' the Walkman. This is unbelieveable. The only way I can transfer the music is by Drag and Drop into the music folder. I haven't been able to find a way to transfer my playlists so instead I have had to put my playlists into folders and then drag these into the music folder on the Walkman - not a pretty solution. The way you access the music is also questionable. I guess I am used to having an iPod. I have had to update the firmware as the touch-screen was so super sensitive. This has improved it's useability but the user interface will never win any prizes. As with ALL Sony products, the product manual is rubbish as is Sony customer Service - I e mailed them last week regarding ejecting the Walkman Icon but they haven't bothered to reply. I love the Walkman for the music quality but hate the way it delivers the experience. Macintosh Owners Beware!!!

Veho VCC-004-ATOM Muvi Atom Super Micro DV Camcorder - Black
Veho VCC-004-ATOM Muvi Atom Super Micro DV Camcorder - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to use but useful, 23 Feb. 2012
I have just bought this and everyone is astounded at how small the Atom is. The instructions are a bit sparse but I got there. The tricky bit so far has been trying to figure out where to mount it - I bought it to record my pushbike journey to work - having been knocked off twice, I thought it would be a good idea. The field of vision is tiny.
Day 1: Clipped onto top pocket of my jacket - All I captured was my handle bar and front wheel.
Day 2: Screwed another supplied bracket onto my helmet - Thought I got the angle right - All I captured was rooftops / trees and sky
I am going to try mounting on the handlebar tomorrow....
The lack of any feedback as to what you are recording and the tiny field of vision (may be about half of what you see) is the biggest disadvantage. The recording quality is pretty good but NOT HD.For what I want it for, it will do. downloading via the Atom takes forever which means you will have to buy a microSD card reader. The sound recording is rubbish mainly because of the wind noise.
The unit isn't water resistant to ANY extent - which has resulted in a further purchase of the waterproof housing - cheaper on fleabay.

LED Lenser Universal-mount 7799-PT5
LED Lenser Universal-mount 7799-PT5

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - NOT OFFICIAL LENSER EQUIPMENT!!, 21 Jan. 2012
I am a bit miffed off by this as I thought I was getting a Lenser product. It is only when I contacted Lenser and they sent me the proper holder that I realised that I had been fobbed off with a copy. As soon as I mounted the bracket onto the handlebar and tried to tighten the nut onto the bolt, it stripped the tread. The Official Lenser bracket looks and feels a lot more solid. Make sure if and when you do order, you are getting a genuine Lenser product.

Canon PG-512 Tinte schwarz
Canon PG-512 Tinte schwarz
Offered by Rainbow Retail (UK Del Typ 5-7 w/days)

3.0 out of 5 stars prepare to be fleeced, 18 Jan. 2012
The PG-512 & CL-513 cartridges give good results.The colours are accurate but the coverage is rubbish if you use the printer occasionally as I found out when I contacted Canon - the printer uses up a small amount of ink to clean the nozzles and I was advised to leave the printer on all the time which makes me wonder about Canon's environmental credentials. My beef is with the TRULY ASTONISHING price of of these cartridges. 18 mls is 3 teaspoons! this means that you, the punter, is paying a staggering £833 for a litre of ink. Chew on that the next time you fill your car up with petrol or when you want to buy an iPad®

Page: 1 | 2