Profile for Christine V. Hall > Reviews

Content by Christine V. Hall

Christine V. Hall "Spot-On Marketing" (Bristol, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hirohito's War: The Pacific War, 1941-1945
Hirohito's War: The Pacific War, 1941-1945
by Francis Pike

2.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable that the maps aren't included., 15 May 2016
The frustrating thing about this book is that the maps are not included within it. They are only available to download, but it's not convenient to read the book next to a computer, so the maps have to be printed . . . time-consuming and costly. Had I realised this I would not have ordered this book, as to make it a meaningful read it is necessary to refer to the maps!

New 10 / 10.2 Inch Black Leather Look Case Mirco USB Keyboard With Stylus and Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 10 or 10.1" Tablet PC
Offered by Time2 Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little gadget and keyboard is a real bonus., 22 Jan. 2015
This was purchased as a Christmas present. I have now heard from the recipient who is delighted with it. She particularly likes the integrated case and keyboard.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably good value for money and looks quite nice, 3 Jan. 2013
Having searched for a new set of hanging cutlery for months and months I finally decided to try this product. It was not the cheapest available (and I've tried cheaper sets which are rather nasty) so I hoped the quality would be good enough. The quality is not too bad, actually. On the plus side, the metal parts are sturdy and are "sandwiched" between the plastic handle covers. This will surely last longer than a previous set I had which snapped at the point where the metal part met the plastic handle. The blue colour is nice and bright and the cutlery is dishwasher safe, apparently. It's a shame that the stand was a bit bent, but I've more or less managed to straighten it out and it will be adequate. I also find the plastic handles a bit rough on the edge, but not excessively. I will see how long this set lasts and hope it won't go rusty or snap (like most of the other sets I've tried).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 8:40 AM BST

Ultracamp Deluxe 400gsm Double Sleeping Bag | Converts To 2 Single Sleeping Bags
Offered by Square Kipper

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggly and warm even in winter!, 18 Feb. 2012
I bought this double sleeping bag for some friends for Christmas and they are delighted with it. Even in January, in temperatures below zero, they said they were lovely and warm in their tent. And it's plenty big enough apparently for two people who are far from small!

You & I
You & I
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD with every track a winner., 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: You & I (Audio CD)
Excellent CD from this new band. Having heard a couple of tracks on the radio I was compelled to treat myself and I'm glad I did!

Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - Caf at Night
Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - Caf at Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Personalise and protect your Kindle in style, 16 July 2011
Great value for money, very easy to apply to my Kindle and looks fantastic. My new Kindle looks really smart with its skin of a Van Gogh painting 'Cafe at Night'. I was impressed with the choice of designs available and was delighted that one was a favourite painting of mine. I chose a green cover for my Kindle and this is complemented very well by the skin, making my Kindle stand out. It's good to know that if I get bored with the current design I can easily peel off the skin and apply a new one, although I think it will be a long time before I want to do that as it looks so good.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A reading revolution that really works!, 16 July 2011
Having researched the Kindle as widely as possible and having discussed it in detail with friends who had already taken the plunge, after about eight months' indecision I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself the 3G + WiFi version just before going on a week's holiday. At the same time I ordered a cover for the Kindle, complete with integral light, and a stick-on cover to personalise it - I chose a Van Gogh painting. Taking advice from one of my friends, the first book I downloaded was a Very Fast Guide to enjoying the Kindle and I religiously read this all the way through. This was a really good idea, as it meant I became very familiar with my new Kindle very quickly. (Usually I have a new 'toy' for months or even years before working out what it can do, but I can honestly say I'm glad I invested a bit of time up front as it paid off immediately and the Kindle soon felt like a familiar old friend.)

The BEST things about the Kindle are: the design which makes it very easy to use; the screen and technology that permits the text to be read clearly even in the brightest light (and YES, this really is excellent, despite my suspicions that this particular pudding had been over-egged and I have tested this in the direct glare of the Tunisian sun and it's still 100% clear); the ease with which the basic browser can be accessed, allowing us to keep up to date with the cricket scores whilst relaxing on the beach; the fact that when reading on the beach the welcome breeze didn't bother me at all, whereas my fellow sun-bathers were battling with flapping pages; and finally, which really goes without saying, the convenience of holding books in one place and not needing to take an extra suitcase on holiday to accommodate the reading material. It was a lovely surprise to find I can store music on the Kindle, although whether I'll play it through that much remains to be seen.

So far I have only found a couple of niggles with the Kindle. The main one is the difficulty of pressing the 5-way controller, as the four edges are so tiny. How Kindle users with fat fingers manage I can't imagine. I wish my Home page would display my Collections in alphabetical order, but it's not the end of the world to scan down a short list and then once inside the Collection itself the books are ordered alphabetically, which is the main thing. And some of the books themselves have more typographical and grammatical errors in than physical books seem to have in my experience, although that might be because so far I have downloaded mostly free books so far (and there are LOADS if you're prepared to trawl through the lists to look).

To anyone who is wondering, as I did for so long, whether a Kindle is for them I would say go for it. I thought I would miss the feel of a "real" book in my hand, but I haven't missed that at all. The convenience factor far outweighs the lack of colour covers and photographs of the author. This really is a great device and I will watch to see how it impacts on other technology, which I'm sure it will.

Proteam Recycling Bags, Set Of 3
Proteam Recycling Bags, Set Of 3
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money and really well made product, 12 Feb. 2011
I was amazed at how quickly this order arrived - only 2 days after ordering. And the bags are great. Really well made, strong and with poppers to join them together, which I was not expecting at all. They will be a great replacement for the assortment of random carrier bags I've been using and look much better, too. Excellent value for money and cheaper than I saw advertised in a magazine where I got the idea in the first place.

ECO310.B - Delonghi Icona Pump Espresso/Cappuccino Maker ECO310B. As shown
ECO310.B - Delonghi Icona Pump Espresso/Cappuccino Maker ECO310B. As shown

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and easy to use, 5 Feb. 2011
Having mulled over getting a coffee maker like this for ages, I researched the various machines of this type and bought this one as it seemed to be the best value for money. I bought it in blue, as it was about £25 cheaper than having it in cream or black (which are the colours of my kitchen) and I'm really glad I did, because it adds a lovely splash of colour to my otherwise colour-coordinated room.
The machine is heavy enough to feel solid on the worktop and this means it doesn't move when in operation. The buttons are very accessible, the machine is easy to use and the milk frother works well. The cup warmer on the top doesn't really make the cups warm unless you switch it on and leave it awhile (fairly obviously), but that doesn't seem to matter as the coffee is very hot when it comes out.
The parts are very easy to clean, although there's a knack to knocking the coffee grounds out of the holder wihtout losing the filter in the bin! Practice makes perfect there.
I am delighted with my new coffee machine and would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Band Of Joy [Digipack]
Band Of Joy [Digipack]

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Robert Plant album!, 9 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Band Of Joy [Digipack] (Audio CD)
Robert Plant's album Band of Joy is indeed a joy. He just gets better and better!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3