Profile for Ulla > Reviews

Content by Ulla

Ulla

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Coffee tastes foul...., 4 Aug. 2013
Bought this machine less than 3 month ago.Run clean water through several times as advised and washed everything that is washable. At first it made fairly decent coffee, but no more than that. That soon changed. Coffee tasted stale and metallic. I tried different brands of coffee, cleaned it out several times, run clean water several times, bought paper filters.....things only got worse, the coffee tastes absolutely awful! It also takes ages to run through, up to 20 -30 minutes for 2 or 3 cups. Bought a small porcelain filter that fits straight over a coffee mug ,using same ground coffee it makes a lovely cup of coffee in a couple of minutes. The machine is going into the bin.

Haltung bewahren: Zornige Aufzeichnungen einer Primaballerina Assoluta
Haltung bewahren: Zornige Aufzeichnungen einer Primaballerina Assoluta
by Maya Plisetskaya

5.0 out of 5 stars The book after "I, MAYA...", 10 Oct. 2012
This book Haltung bewahren: Zornige Aufzeichnungen einer Primaballerina Assoluta is a " follow-up" to the autobiographie by the great ballerina Maya Plisetskaya "I,MAYA PLISETSKAYA" (also available on Amazone). It has been published in English under the title "THIRTEEN YEARS LATER". I have not been able to find the English version, so I was pleased to find this book. I speak German, so it was no problem to me. It covers the years following the first book, fascinating as ever. Still the fascinating,outspoken and courages women that is the great Plisetskaya! It will probably appeal more to readers who also read the first book; I treasure every word of this great artist!

I, Maya Plisetskaya
I, Maya Plisetskaya
by Maya Plisetskaya

5.0 out of 5 stars A"Must Read" for anyone interested in the performing arts, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: I, Maya Plisetskaya (Hardcover)
Being old enough and fortunate enough to have seen this great dancer on the stage in some of her greatest roles, I was delighted to get hold of this book I, Maya Plisetskaya(I bought it in hardback and paperback!)It is utterly fascinating, not only the insight into this great woman's artistic life(she is rightly claimed as one of the greatest ballerinas ever) but also the private person and the struggles she had to overcome under the Soviet Regime to pursue her career, her sheer existence. Her courage, iron willpower and ,of course, a God given talent,made her the great artist she is. The book ,of course,is full of complicated Russian names (for some readers!) and has no index. Just read it cover to cover. Its well worth it and very inspiring!

PosturePlast Triple Acting Low Back Pain Relief
PosturePlast Triple Acting Low Back Pain Relief

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Relief ?, 9 Oct. 2012
Saw this productPosturePlast Triple Action Lower Back Pain Relief Plaster advertised in newspaper. Seemed it could be of help with a problem I had for years, lower backpain from several slipped dics (sciatica). Found it on Amazon at a much lower price, so I ordered it to give it a try. It did help somewhat, but not as advertised. And there are drawbacks : its very difficult to put on by oneself. Once the backing is removed ,even if its done in 2 stages as advised, the plaster has a tendency to fold back on itself and stick to itself, which makes sticking it over ones spine difficult. I did manage somehow but found after using it 3 times (i.e. 3 pads on 3 days) my skin itched terribly and after removal the residue of the plaster is very difficult to remove from ones skin. I shall use it occasionally (bought 2 boxes) but don't think I will order it again.