Profile for Ellie > Reviews

Ellie

Go the Distance
Go the Distance

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Go the Distance (MP3 Download)
This is a really great song, I've not been able to stop listening to it since I first heard it!

Nutella
Nutella
by Thomas Feller

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Nutella (Hardcover)
The pictures are good but recipes are very unreliable to use when cooking. At least I think its the recipes...

Vision In White: Number 1 in series (Bride Quartet)
Vision In White: Number 1 in series (Bride Quartet)
by Nora Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Good author, 1 Aug. 2013
Having read almost every 'In Death' book by this author I was fairly disappointed in this read. The plot was very run of the mill but was written well.

Waterfall
Waterfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay for Sam Kelly, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Waterfall (MP3 Download)
This song is very different to many of his YouTube hits but is equally amazing. The fantastic quality just sums up how much effort this guy puts into his work. The lyrics and music are great and this song has been listened to many a time.

Someone That I Used to Know (feat. Landon Austin & Missglamorazzi)
Someone That I Used to Know (feat. Landon Austin & Missglamorazzi)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous cover, 1 Aug. 2013
From finding these guys on YouTube, I have loved every song. The collaboration of the three together lead to a really great cover of a well known pop song. Highly recommend

YESURPRISE Ceramic Painting Style Necklace Pocket Chain Pendant Quartz Watch S3039 Panda Animal
Offered by YESURPRISE-Shopping Mall

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, 1 Aug. 2013
I bought this as a small present for my friend for their birthday, and am so disappointed. The chain broke almost instantly, the panda part fell of after one use and the whole product had a poor aesthetic even before the chain and panda instance. Oh and the delivery took well over a month

Young Pilgrim
Young Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic songs across the whole album, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Young Pilgrim (Audio CD)
Track 1 - Down Down Down) A perfect opening to the album. It has really nice lyrics and a relaxing yet strong rhythm making it very easy to listen to. 5/5
Track 2 - Parachutes) Probably the most well known of the album, but that doesn't make it mainstream. A bit of a love song, but without the horribly soppy lyrics. The whole song flows really well and has a great chorus.
Track 3 - All At Once) A little more country than the previous two and a bit of a faster beat..A few high notes that weren't expected but nice all the same
Track 4 - Thorns) Possibly my favourite song on the album. The beginning line of each verse could arguably be classed as repetitive but that's what makes it unique. There's a really nice section sung with such meaning "Well, let's put on our raincoats, And drench ourselves in England's weather, Just to know we're free, And we'll bury our heads down, Beneath the old oak tree, just you and me" A few too many 'oooo's but still a really relaxing song
Track 5 -Cemetery) A fairly jolly song despite the title, a really nice uplifting rhythm and sung and played extremely well. (One f two instances of swearing is in this song)
Track 6 - Hold On) When I first heard this song it wasn't my favourite but has really grown on me. It starts of slow and slowly picks up the pace but isn't a fast tempo song. In this song, the backing vocals are equal to the main lyrics unlike many pop songs. Again, some beautiful lyrics that are so calming to listen to.
Track 7 - I Need A Friend Tonight) A slightly more up-tempo song than the previous with a few of the really high notes again. Some good lyrics again, with the other instance of swearing. It gets a little repetitive at the end, but that adds to its charm.
Track 8 - Suburbs) A really nice song with another set of fabulous lyrics to another jolly yet fairly slow rhythm, very in-keeping with the whole feel of the album.
Track 9 - Sundown) Another slow 'love' song with beautiful lyrics and a really relaxing vibe. This song is sung with such meaning and passion it is a pleasure to listen to.
Track 10 - Farmer and his Gun) One of the faster songs on the album with a really happy feel despite some deep and emotional lyrics. The song according to Charlie Simpson is about leaving home, this is more obvious the more time you spend listening to the song. A very country song including the harmonica for an extra layer of beauty. The lyrics are very good and have a nice meaning giving you something to think about, "Shadows fold out like blankets on the ground" Again, a pleasure to listen to.
Track 11 - If I Lose It) The next song up for my favourite because of the simplicity and beauty of the lyrics. The words from the first line right until the end have such a powerful meaning and accompanied with the rhythm and instruments in the song come together for a really emotional and amazing song that I don't think anyone could ever get bored of listening to.
Track 12 - Riverbanks) This song again has really nice lyrics and the piano at beginning really sets the tone for the song. A few 'ooo's again but the actually add to the song. The chorus and ending to the song really are perfection, so much so that the ending for this song is easily the best end to any album I've ever heard. The ending is instrumental but it allows for the music to take over. It is really calming and motivating and just very special. I have listened to this song hundreds of times (no exaggeration). The lyrics are amazing yet so simple. In fact, I have listened to this song as I've been writing the review and I am now so relaxed and calm. I don't think I can actually emphasise just how good this song is.

Overall the album is one of the best I've heard. The combination of beautiful lyrics and the great playing of instruments leads to an amazing collection of songs that both relax and put you in a really happy and contented mood. I have recommended this album to everyone I know and even my friend who loves electro music enjoyed it! My family have had to listen to this album on repeat on ever car journey since I bought the album and not one complaint has been made. Easily a 10/10 score. Well done Charlie Simpson!

Your Way Home
Your Way Home

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Sam Kelly, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Your Way Home (MP3 Download)
Its super duper awesome. I've loved Sam Kelly from before the Britains Got Talent times and this song shows how hard he works to get where he is now, I'm proud to be a fan

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, 1 Aug. 2013
First I'd like to say the dress itself is pretty nice, nothing special.
However, rather oddly, the front and back have different patterns and don't match up...
Also the belt isn't a belt, just a piece of material with a hook at the end.

Having said that, it was a cheap dress so I cant complain too much, and even with the odd pattern issue it still looks nice on

Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012]
Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Anna Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Aca-Amazing, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
This film is easily my favourite film released over the past few years, not only does it feature awesome a cappella music, it has a great story line! I went to see this film at the cinema 8 times because I love it that much! I highly recommend this film to absolutely everyone, and even if you don't think a cappella is your kind of music, you'll be pleasantly surprised the choice of modern music brings it bang up to date and Beca's remixes throughout the film will also pleasantly surprise you! I can't recommend this film highly enough! It'll be a great buy and you won't be disappointed :)

Happy watching :)

"Aca-believe it" its awesome :)