ARRAY(0xaf6e0d68)

Profile for Jean-Luc Dancy > Reviews

Content by Jean-Luc Dancy

Jean-Luc Dancy "Jean-Luc Dancy" (Berlin Germany)

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head
Offered by Simifashion
Price: 34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied...., 30 Jan 2013
The toothbrush itself is OK, - but what am I supposed to think when the charger "gives up the ghost" after only a couple of months?... What use is an electric toothbrush to me if I can't re-charge it after use?............

Lioness: Hidden Treasures
Lioness: Hidden Treasures
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 4.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 11 Jan 2012
A very moving recording. She was so talented and she has left us much, much too soon.... This would probably have been her best album - had she been able to finish it.

Suddenly Last Summer
Suddenly Last Summer
Price: 11.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great!, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Suddenly Last Summer (Audio CD)
This is probably the best album I've bought in the last few years. Jimmy Sommerville, with his talent, ought to be a world megastar... You get goose pimples from every song on the album! My wife and I can't get tired of listening to it.
Jimmy's version of "Where have all the Flowers gone?" is definitely the best one I've heard so far (and I've heard quite a few in my time!) Not to mention his rendering of "Motherless Child" ("A Capella"...and Live!)- simply wonderful!
This album is a real gem - thank you,Jimmy!

Berlin

Some Kind Of Trouble
Some Kind Of Trouble
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 4.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Some Kind Of Trouble (Audio CD)
I'm afraid I must disagree with the previous reviewers. In my opinion, this new album simply isn't up to the usual standard. One of the reasons why I so much enjoyed listening to the previous albums, was that I really felt this guy had something to say: strong lyrics, which I feel is very important when you call yourself a song writer. It is sadly no longer the case... I hope Mr. Blunt will be able to retrieve the quality of his previous recordings when he releases his next album (and please James, don't let it be a whole three years this time!)

Berlin
Germany

The Well-Beloved
The Well-Beloved
by Thomas Hardy
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many printing errors!, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Well-Beloved (Paperback)
I was very disappointed by this particular edition of the book. It has nothing to do with Thomas hardy himself (the poor man would turn in his grave if he could see this deplorable version of his otherwise excellent novel...)
I spotted at least ten printing errors: one two occasions, the printer even used cyrillic characters!
Some of those errors are to be found on pages 32, 48, 80, 123, 127, 28, 155 and 176
"The Well Beloved" is nevertheless a MUST for all Hardy fans - and for all those of us who enjoy reading classical English literature, but I would advise all potential buyers to choose another publisher!

Germany

Braun CruZer2 Shave-Style Foil Electric Shaver
Braun CruZer2 Shave-Style Foil Electric Shaver
Offered by royswroxhamltd
Price: 39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it!, 23 Dec 2009
Other people may be satisfied with this shaver....I AM NOT! In my opinion, daily shaving ought to be quick, efficient - and painless! I'm afraid none of these criteria apply in that particular case. After 10 minutes I still couln't get rid of those hard under the chin bristles and I permanently looked as if I hadn't shaved at all!
So I decided to go for another make. My advice to you: do the same!

What Came Before He Shot Her (Inspector Lynley Mysteries 14)
What Came Before He Shot Her (Inspector Lynley Mysteries 14)
by Elizabeth George
Price: 16.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Jan 2007
I must admit I was somewhat schocked when I first started reading this book, since I had forgotten to read its synopsis on the jacket(!) After all, this brilliant study of underprivileged Londoners differs a little from the world in which Inspector Linley and Sergeant Havers normally conduct their criminal enquiries (by the way, neither of them plays any part in this story). Then, as I went on reading, I realized this is the perhaps the best book Elizabeth George ever wrote. Absolutely brilliant - not to be missed!

(....)

Escudero Sur Sc?Ne
Escudero Sur Sc?Ne

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique!, 16 Nov 2005
This review is from: Escudero Sur Sc?Ne (Audio CD)
This is a unique opportunity to hear a live recording of this great artist. Unfortunately, Leny Escudero is little known outside France - he still remains one of the French Chanson´s greatest.
There is only one song I do not like on this album: "Les gens qui n´aiment pas les bêtes" - based on the old popular saying "People who don´t like animals don´t like themselves". The author is trying to say that people who love animals do not necessarily love their fellow human beings (for example the Nazis, who were sometimes very fond of their Alsatian dogs)This is the wrong logic, because there are in reality various kinds of people: those who love human beings and dislike animals, those who love animals and cannot really stand many other human beings, those who love both and those who can´t stand either!
I must frankly admit that I belong to the second category....
I nevertheless strongly recommend this album, particularly the song on Che Guevara and "Mon voisin est mort".
French singer / Songwriter

Infiniment: 40 Chansons (remastered - high definition)
Infiniment: 40 Chansons (remastered - high definition)
Price: 14.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the greatest!, 15 Nov 2005
Jacques Brel was most definitely the greatest Chanson singer of all times, and I find it regrettable that his work is so little known in the English-speaking world.
Of course, many people have heard "Ne me quitte pas" ("If you go away") or "Le Moribond" ("Seasons in the Sun") sung or played by other musicians, but listening to Jacques Brel can also be a wonderful experience, even for those who do not understand the French language: you can feel the passion in almost every word, and songs like "Amsterdam" or "Quand on n´a que l´Amour" are bound to move you.... Try it!
French singer / songwriter

Headroom
Headroom
Price: 17.15

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment !, 10 Jan 2004
This review is from: Headroom (Audio CD)
My wife and I were so disappointed when we heard this album...
In comparison with Don's earlier songs
("The Grave", "Vincent" "The Statue" and so many others) this is quite weak , and in our opinion, completely lacking in social comment... What has happened to the young man who sang about "Mexican and Indians, hungry , hopeless Americans" or "A morgue of marines flying up through the air" ?.. Where is the rebellious spirit he showed at the start of his career ?
If you like the early Don Mc Lean as much as we do, you might be well advised not to buy this album.
Georges and Ilka Renard