Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Liz Bennet > Reviews

Content by Liz Bennet

Liz Bennet (Australia)

Pride & Prejudice - 2005 [DVD]
Pride & Prejudice - 2005 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightley

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitley not as good as the BBC 1995 version, 11 April 2010
My views:

-Whilst Keria is a pretty woman she looked absolutely dreadful in this. Her hair extensions were awful. Her whole demeanor did not suit. She came across as an immature girl.
- Mr Bingley was actually an insipid, grating person
- The film seemed to be chopped up and joined with no real flow eg Keira getting separated from her aun and uncle on visiting Pemberley
- Mr Darcy's "I you" made me cringe...for goodness sake which man would speak like that!!
- the only characters I actually enjoyed and played their parts well in this version were in my opinion:
* Jane Bennet
* Mrs Bennet
* Mr Collins
* Lady Catherine de Bourg

Both versions of the ending left alot to be desired. Whomever wrote the love scenes should be shot!!

The Bar Sinister: Pride and Prejudice Continues...
The Bar Sinister: Pride and Prejudice Continues...
by Linda Berdoll

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the book, 25 Nov. 2006
I agree it's is definitely not Austen, but I too really enjoyed this book. I think it was well written as it showed the depth of love and passion these two characters had for each other. It was definitely one of the better sequels to P&P I have come accross.

Darcy's Pemberley
Darcy's Pemberley
by Morgan Frances

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Darcy's Pemberley (Paperback)
I was hoping this book would be an enjoyable read but found it lacking. I felt like it was written very quickly with the characters lacking real depth and warmth. It showed Elizabeth to be lacking in strength and Darcy to be lacking in warmth and there was no true sign of any deep feelings for each other. Basically I felt that the writer lacked the ability to make her characters and their relationships believable, even Lady Catherine was bland!