Profile for mlawyer > Reviews

How to Play the Didgeridoo (NTSC) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Cope
Offered by sheetmusicmegastore
Price: 10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars cover picture a bit aggressive , not like the teacher he clearly is, 29 July 2013
Ok, a strange title for a review but I nearly didnt buy it. Glad I persevered past my first impression because the content is first rate , well organised and delivered in a patient expert manner that exudes calm confidence and a "knowledge" that you will succeed if you just go with it and practise. He is clearly a master player but not just that He has a real teaching style like those teachers from school we still remember for all the right reasons 20years on .I played it on my 42"screen and the sound and vision are absolutely clear It starts with some useful insights into why didges can be different keys, , qualities and tones to creating sounds and rythyms then circular breathing and off into the beat boxing styles you can see on u tube . A great buy Thoroughly reccomended

Hypnotherapy: A Practical Handbook
Hypnotherapy: A Practical Handbook
by Hellmut W. A. Karle
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with solid practical wisdom and information. My little bible, 29 Aug 2012
I hope the authors won't mind but I haven't bought the new edition ! I bought the first one 20 years ago when I was a newbie and I still read it every so often for its sheer good sense , solid advice and methodology , scripts, theory, clinical histories. I find it quite grounding. Its a great how to do it handbook for a beginner and packed with all the advice you need never to forget however experienced you are . The authors draw from a vast wealth of clinical expertise ( and that was 20 years ago) . I've got so many books on hypnosis I can't justify buying a second copy ( ok I'm a meanie )but if this is half as good as the first edition, buy it you won't be dissappointed.

Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 8 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Mike Wooldridge

5.0 out of 5 stars basics and then some, 27 Aug 2010
My first foray into Visual learning .Simple step by step "see it , do it " style. Copy and learn. I've bought Scott Kelby- great but too far along the road for me 2 weeks ago.This asssumes no knowledge and draws you in .Each easy read page show how to do what the software can do , Tool by tool ,click by click (literally). Tips and extras added as footnotes. Inspires confidence by simple example . I reckon I'm ready for Scotts otherwise great book now !