Profile for Lise > Reviews

Content by Lise

Lise

The Blind Goddess (Hanne Wilhelmsen Book 1)
The Blind Goddess (Hanne Wilhelmsen Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommendable, 1 Jun 2014
What I really enjoy about Scandinavian thrillers is how they intertwine crime with politics.
All the characters are real, I could relate to them which makes this novel so more enjoyable.
I couldn't wait to discover how it all ended and with a surprising twist at the end .. Highly recommendable

Of Course! How Many Light Bulbs Does It Take to Change?
Of Course! How Many Light Bulbs Does It Take to Change?

5.0 out of 5 stars Of Course, a wonderful insight into understanding ACIM, 12 Nov 2013
I read this book everyday and one chapter at a time.
I take the time to ponder the insights Ian shares with each short chapter .. and really highly recommend this to a new or old student or teacher of the ACIM.
I've been a student of the Course of Miracles for many years and as it is - it is a personal journey.
I however thoroughly enjoyed how Ian describes the principles and shares experiences of his own life, it makes the Course so much more "gettable".

In My Shoes: A Memoir
In My Shoes: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful & Inspiring, 12 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed the journey of Tamara's life - an honest perspective of the trails and tribulations of the business world of fashion.
I was a fashion shoe buyer and could related to many aspects.
I love that that I am not alone in believing that the "suits" do struggle with the fact that fashion is not a rational business - a concrete everlasting formula to just roll out!