Profile for whitbylad > Reviews

Content by whitbylad

whitbylad (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crocs Retro, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, 9 UK (M)/10 UK (W), 9 UK (M)/10 UK (W)
Crocs Retro, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, 9 UK (M)/10 UK (W), 9 UK (M)/10 UK (W)
Offered by jellyegg

4.0 out of 5 stars Much improved sole, 16 Nov. 2014
I have worn Crocs and copies for many years now and my biggest complaint about them is that in the wet they are lethal. These ones have a non-slip sole, which is a vast improvement.

If you can get them at the right price definitely worthwhile.

Back to the Future Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Back to the Future Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michael J. Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars I was pleased that my 9 year old twins both liked this ..., 16 Nov. 2014
I was pleased that my 9 year old twins both liked this vision of the future, even though it hasn't quite turned out as predicted.

Zu3D Animation Kit
Zu3D Animation Kit
Offered by ZuLogic Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the right children, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Zu3D Animation Kit (CD-ROM)
My children recently used it on a school trip so I bought a copy for home including the camera. My boys like making animations using online software but sadly this was only used once before being put away somewhere. Shame.

Oblivion [DVD] [2013]
Oblivion [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep watching it!, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Oblivion [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I bought this quite recently and have watched it several times already. It has a 'clean' feel to it and focusses on Jack Harper's experience rather than lots of confusing special effects. This is science fiction, not an out-and-out action movie.

I also love the sound track and might consider purchasing it (or other M83 album).

At £4 it is definitely worth giving it a go.

I has gone on my 'top shelf'.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2014 11:18 PM GMT

Disney Infinity Starter Pack (Xbox 360)
Disney Infinity Starter Pack (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Repair Disc, 28 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Not a review exactly but a suggestion for anyone who has navigated to this page looking for ways to get a replacement disc. I discovered that you can send your damaged discs off to a company that can repair them. [...]

Samsung ML-2165 Mono Laser Printer
Samsung ML-2165 Mono Laser Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Had 2, both very problematic, 16 July 2013
I initially had a black one of these (number slightly different) and it seemed to work ok, providing a cheap alternative to ink jet. However, when it started playing up I bought a replacement cartridge for it and that worked for a while. When it started saying the printer was offline etc again I bought the ML-2165 so that I could use the spare cartridge that I had bought. As I am angrily writing this review the printer is refusing to print a letter to my boys' school. It would be easier to write a letter, so what is the point?

I recommend you spend more and get more, disappointed with HP on this one.

Chudley's Classic Dry Mix 15 kg
Chudley's Classic Dry Mix 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars A good brand at a low price, 26 Jan. 2013
In our household we have two approaches to buying dog food; my wife goes high end and I go budget. I tend to think the high end foods are overpriced whereas the cheap stuff that I have bought in the past makes our dogs smell a bit and probably does not really satisfy their nutritional needs.

I actually came across Chudleys dog food via the rabbit food they do, Rabbit Royale, and if you ever see a bag of that it looks like such a natural product full of identifiable pieces of vegetation rather than what is thrown into a pellet.

What vets will tell you is that there is no 'generic' one size fits all dog food and Chudleys do a range of foods. That said, we feed a Boxer, a Dachshund and a Bichon Frise on the same same one! One of the cats as well for that matter.

Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Black Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT120 Black Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player
Offered by eurosale-net

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethernet Cable, 17 Dec. 2012
I was about to buy this item until I discovered that you need to buy expensive 3D glasses to use the 3D function and also a WIFI dongle to get online. I started to look at other Blu Ray players that had integral WIFI before dicovering that this Panasonic has an Ethernet port. I will therefore be able to connect it directly to my router which will also provide a much better connection than WIFI. I hope this helps!

Skil 1743 600W 3-Function Corded SDS+ Hammer Drill
Skil 1743 600W 3-Function Corded SDS+ Hammer Drill

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!, 30 April 2012
This Skil drill is a Bosch in the same way as a VW Sharan/Ford Galaxy is a Seat Alhambra. Makita have a budget range by the name Site and Bosch have a budget range called Skil. I am very pleased with this. Not only does it do the job but it also looks like a professional piece of equipment not commonly used by the DIYers.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 1:36 AM GMT

Hanna [DVD]
Hanna [DVD]
Dvd ~ Saoirse Ronan

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to watch it to make your own mind up., 30 April 2012
This review is from: Hanna [DVD] (DVD)
The fact that so many people have gone to the trouble to either rate it or slate it has to be a reason to watch the film. I love this genre, I'm thinking of Leon and The Assassin (Point of No Return) with Bridget Fonda, Kick Ass even! Not forgetting Grosse Pointe Blank.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4