Profile for Alison > Reviews

Content by Alison

Alison

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
From Italy With Love: Such a summery escape you won't need a holiday!
From Italy With Love: Such a summery escape you won't need a holiday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, delightful, 24 July 2015
Pure escapism! Love it, delightful. Loved the banter between the characters. Brought back memories of Italy - although mine was spent in the rain! What a challenge, what a girl. Cars really can be interesting. Look forward to reading some more books of Jules Wake.

The Almost Wives Club: Kate
The Almost Wives Club: Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars What an escape!, 20 July 2015
Great story line. Characters were quite different so kept the dialogue interesting and entertaining. Quiet funny at times and at other times one really gets quite annoyed with Ted and his family, and of course the Bride to be monther! Kate is a fun loving woman who suddenly finds out a few home truths and quits her engagement weeks before her marriage! Quite something, but she lives through it and as the storyline unfolds encounters some 'interesting' people. She is quite level headed and responds well to difficult situations. Loved the storyline, couldn't put the book down and was sorry when I'd finished reading it.

Chance Encounter: Take a Chance: Prequel
Chance Encounter: Take a Chance: Prequel

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 July 2015
Very good enjoyed reading how the family became the Chance family. Short and to the point.

Frosted Shadow, a Toni Diamond Mystery: Toni Diamond Mysteries
Frosted Shadow, a Toni Diamond Mystery: Toni Diamond Mysteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the storyline, 20 July 2015
Took me a little while to get into the story as it reminded me of a venture I had many years ago and the sales talk! We didn't have a murder though! Enjoyed the storyline, the characters and enjoyed the suspense too. Would recommend for a quiet read.

Kiss a Girl in the Rain (Take a Chance, Book 1)
Kiss a Girl in the Rain (Take a Chance, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book by Nancy Warren, 17 July 2015
I enjoyed this book by Nancy Warren, the storyline was good, a little predictable in places, but the twists and turns were surprising. I was thoroughly absorbed in the characters, and loved the dog too! would recommend this for a relaxing read on holiday.

Driving Home for Christmas
Driving Home for Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Life is what you make it, so make it good!, 13 July 2015
This book was read slowly to begin with due to many other things which were calling for my attention, so it took a while to get in to the story line. When I did begin to read it seriously, I found some wonderful characters all with their own thrust and opinions on life. Each with a story to tell. The one thing for me which really stood out was the wonderful welcoming of different folk who visited Huntersbrook House at Christmas. There was a love for each other which shone through and every person was valued and not judged, but made welcome by Holly and Paddy. Holly and Paddys childrens friends might be tolerated and it was interesting to see how the characters considered friendships and what was valuable in them. Many decisions were made which were difficult and hard at the time, but that is just like life. Life is life and with it there are many twists and turns, but with good friends and family each person in life will succeed.

The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that holds the Secret of America's Future (Lifes Little Book of Wisdom)
by Jonathan Cahn

5.0 out of 5 stars The Harbinger: A time for taking notice, once read, you can't sit on the fence, 20 Jun. 2015
What an amazing book I've just been holding in my hand. As I've read through it, the 'seals' which Nouriel sought to understand shows how America is following the footsteps which Israel took so long ago. Israel did not return to God though being warned, and suffered the consequences. America too, is not taking any notice of God and she too, is coming under the same judgements. I found it mind blowing to see what was revealed in this narrative style of writing. I couldn't put the book down. God really does speak and the people of the world need to take heed. I would recommend this book, it is one which everyone should spend time reading. You are able to judge for yourself, follow the course of events, look them up - was it really fictional or did these events happen. If they happened, did we take notice, if we didn't, then what will befall us?

The Mayor of Casterbridge
The Mayor of Casterbridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing., 5 Jun. 2015
Quite an amazing beginning, I was captivated - and thoroughly enjoyed the book. This is the second book I've read by Thomas Hardy and enjoyed the characters in the saga. As the story unfolds it twists and turns, leading one to think one thing only to discover another. Elizabeth the daughter has a lovely sweet character, and wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Michael, the dominant male character, one is lead to believe that he has quite a mean streak but I felt underneath all the show that he was a sad man, really wanting to have someone dear. He regrets a decision he made at the beginning of the book and has to learn to live with that. As one follows through his life, his rise to fame and affluence is quite something, but he looses it all. Elizabeth isn't who he thought she was, and is so disappointed. Donald, is also an intriguing character, full of charm, not wanting to upset anyone, but he is astute and very good at business..... So without ruining the plot, I would recommend the book, get wrapped up in the characters and you'll find that at the end you feel as though you've been part of the sequences which have unfolded before your eyes, leaving you quite breathless.

The Secret Garden (Illustrated)
The Secret Garden (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it. It was shown at the school I ..., 5 May 2015
Loved it. It was shown at the school I worked at and the children loved it. I hadn't seen it, so thought I would purchase a copy. I was not disappointed, a beautiful story, and when finished felt as though you were there with the characters.

The Lost Prince
The Lost Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing story by Frances Burnett, 5 May 2015
This review is from: The Lost Prince (Kindle Edition)
What an amazing story by Frances Burnett. I so enjoyed this book, would recommend it to anyone who loves to read and get lost in a story. I read it whilst on holiday and couldn't put it down. Absolutely fascinating, a good read, and able to loose yourself with the characters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7