Profile for Bob J > Reviews

Content by Bob J

Bob J

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than before - though not in all respects., 18 Mar. 2014
As good and as versatile as my first Kindle of a couple of years ago, but slightly less convenient to use. I find page-turning more "iffy" than with the side buttons, and the on/off switch is more difficult to operate. I appreciate that there are extra features on this later Kindle but haven't yet had any need for them.

The built-in screen lighting is excellent, though, and a very worthwhile improvement.

Sheep on Your Smallholding - The Breeding Flock
Sheep on Your Smallholding - The Breeding Flock
Dvd ~ The Smallholder Series

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful book, 21 Jan. 2013
Bought for some relatives just starting off with sheep. They report it as a real aid, especially in their first lambing

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat instrument, 21 Jan. 2013
Easy to use, and does all one should expect from an inexpensive meter. I use it with children in Primary School, for which purpose I've had to invest in two more!

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)
Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Reviewers got this right, 21 Jan. 2013
An uncomfortable book in places, but hard to put down. It deals with ruthless people in ruthless times, and may not be too far from true history.

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Another happy read, 21 Jan. 2013
As all the others in the series, an easy, satisfying read. The quirks of the main characters and their way of looking at life give constant interest.

Food In England: A complete guide to the food that makes us who we are
Food In England: A complete guide to the food that makes us who we are
by Dorothy Hartley

4.0 out of 5 stars For Food Freaks, mainly, 21 Jan. 2013
I'm glad to have this book, but I wouldn't say it's for everyone. Good as a book for dipping into now and then.

De'Longhi DCH4590ER Osciallating Ceramic Heater, 1.8kW
De'Longhi DCH4590ER Osciallating Ceramic Heater, 1.8kW

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase, 21 Jan. 2013
Does just what I want, and the remote control is a great convenience. Output not bad considering wattage, and appearance pleasing.

3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Wi-Fi)
3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Wi-Fi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle experience, 16 Aug. 2011
My Kindle failed suddenly in its fourth month. At 2pm yesterday I phoned Squaretrade and had a friendly talk with a helpful advisor. Within three hours an e-mail came saying a replacement was on its way. It was delivered to my remote part of Cumbria first thing this morning, and appears to be perfect. I have labels for the return of the the first one, and instructions for arranging its free collection.

Could any service be better than that? Thank you, Squaretrade.