Profile for D. Coplowe > Reviews

Content by D. Coplowe

D. Coplowe (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Arch-Heretic Marcion (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament)
The Arch-Heretic Marcion (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament)
by Sebastian P. Moll

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but incredibly annoying, 10 Dec. 2013
Moll's treatment of Marcion is excellent (if somewhat controversial) but he is the most annoying modern scholastic author I have come across. The book is written in English but Moll insists on leaving huge numbers of quotes from other scholars in German - and not consistently as he sometimes translates them!
He adopts the same inconstant approach to quotations in Greek and Latin. Not all scholars interested in Marcion have the command of these languages that he has and translations would be extremely useful. The ones he provides are!
Its a great shame as it ruins the book and limits its effectiveness

New 3 In 1 USB Cable For Iphone 5 - 4 - Micro USB - White
New 3 In 1 USB Cable For Iphone 5 - 4 - Micro USB - White
Offered by Allske

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little product - cost effective, 6 Sept. 2013
It does what I need it to do, provides me with a single cable to take away to charge my Kindle, iPhone and iPad (4, 5 2 and mini)
It only syncs with the new iPhone usb (why do they keep changing these formats???) but that is not a problem for me as I only ever sync at home
If you need to sync Iphone4/IPad1&2 while away (except from cloud and I cannot think of a reason) then forget it, if you want to charge them its great

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit flimsy but does the job, 6 Sept. 2013
For the price it does the job, its a bit flimsy compared to the Apple one but you can get about 6 of these for 1 Apple!

The Elements of New Testament Greek
The Elements of New Testament Greek
by David Wenham

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy (and improved) successor to the original, 26 April 2013
I bought the second edition (not realising that there was a 3rd Durh!) in order to pick up enough Greek to understand the points made by biblical commentators. I had tried several different books before and found them all far to obtuse and difficult.
This book definitely does what it says on the tin! The 3rd edition is a big improvement in layout and style but still keeps to the intent of the original (and the 2nd edition).
Having revisited reading Latin at the OU (having had a dreadful Latin master at school who put me right off the subject) I found the approach and the language fairly simple and certainly easier than Latin (although is that because I have studied Latin first?)
Only 1 minor gripe so far - the answers to the exercises are only there for the "A" ones - as a remote student I do wish I could find the answers to the "B" exercises somewhere to check mine.
As an introduction to Greek I have found no better.

Interlinear Greek New Testament Bible
Interlinear Greek New Testament Bible

1.0 out of 5 stars Not in Greek Script, 11 Mar. 2013
I have to agree with the critics - other Kindle title have Greek Script so why not this one?
If it was in Script it would seem to be very good indeed. Given the low price I will keep it for the links to Strong but please
Amazon ask the author for a Greek version

Greek to GCSE: Part 1
Greek to GCSE: Part 1
by John Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars I was missing something!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Greek to GCSE: Part 1 (Paperback)
I said in my review that maybe I was missing something as what is the use of a self learning textbook with no answers to the exercises? How do you know if you have got the exercise right?
The author contacted me and said he would send me the missing answers personally. I have rerated the book and will do so again when I have worked through it.
Still surprised the publishers did not think to include this material though
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 9:37 PM GMT

Two Port 2.1A USB Car Charger - Charge 2 USB devices at once, no more arguments over the car charger! Compatible with all Apple iPad iPhone and iPod models, all HTC and Samsung models including Samsung P1000 tablet
Offered by ACCESSORIES LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product great value, 16 July 2012
Does all it says - excellent value (some cost 3x as much) - I bought 4 more after trying this one for my other car and for travel

3mm Width Hole Self-Adhesive Cable Tie Mount Base Green White 100Pcs
3mm Width Hole Self-Adhesive Cable Tie Mount Base Green White 100Pcs
Offered by sourcingmap

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 16 July 2012
Product was shipped quickly and is reasonably priced but the adhesive is not strong enough for use on any but very smooth surfaces. EG it doesn't stick to plaster very well nor to car fascias. Apart from that no problem

Ricco 16 GB Gloss Stainless Steel USB 2.0 High Speed Flash Memory Drive for Windows and Mac OS - Silver
Offered by Gadget Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant finish and value, 17 April 2012
Brilliant finish and value - item is very low cost for the capacity, strong metal housing and great value for money, arrived next day and does was it says on the tin!

The Phoenix Rising
The Phoenix Rising

1.0 out of 5 stars Xgarbage, 13 Dec. 2011
Badly written, bad English, poor plot do not bother - where oh where are the Asimovs, Farmers, Herbets and Blish's?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4