Profile for Jonathan Seven > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Seven

Jonathan Seven

Page: 1 | 2
Vivi Bear Adjustable Durable and Comfortable Padded Finest Genuine Leather Dogs Collar, Adjustable From 9.5 Inch to 13 Inch, Brown and Black (Brown)
Offered by Vivi Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, exceeded expectations!, 8 July 2016
Outstanding product, exceeded expectations! I found it really hard to find a wider collar for my small dog (11-month-old Border Terrier) that wasn't either covered in sparkles (he's a puppy, not a handbag) or silver studs (he's a dog, not a Hells Angel). Several surprises for me. It's really good quality.- the leather is finished both sides. And I hadn't realised that the buckle was to adjust the size; the square fitting at the front in the picture is a "push and click" fitting, like on a bicycle helmet or backpack. So there are no holes that stretch and wear out in the collar, and no trailing, unnecessary length sticking out at the side.... I'm reordering now so that I know I can get it again when this one wears out!

Lakeland Push & Grip Tea Towel Holders x 2
Lakeland Push & Grip Tea Towel Holders x 2
Offered by White Hinge Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 11 Jun. 2016
What's to say? They look good, work well, stay stuck on... I'm ordering a couple more.

Anker Ergonomic USB 2.4G Wireless Vertical Mouse with 3 Adjustable DPI Levels 800 / 1200 / 1600 and Side Controls - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking piece of kit, and a couple things you need to know, 11 Jun. 2016
Great mouse! The plus side? Solid, well built, functional, all the usual. Bigger than the usual mouse (I like that), easy to set up, all good. A couple of words of warning though. If this is your first 'vertical' mouse, they feel VERY different! It's talking some adjusting too. I've had it a few days now, and I'm still getting used to it. But I'm becoming a fan.... haven't been tempted to get my old (conventional) mouse out again, or my Apple mouse. The other thing is, I find that because it rotates your hand to about 45 degrees, I found that my hand was resting on the bone at the base of my hand, just above my wrist. Very uncomfortable, getting painful. Unless my hands are particularly weird, I'd say a mat with some wrist support is ESSENTIAL to lift your hand off the desk. I ordered mine within about a day of getting the mouse. Arrived today, problem solved. I can thoroughly recommend this mat to solve the problem: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00065W4UI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Incidentally, a great all round mat!

Master Class Oil Drizzler / Oil Dispenser, Stainless Steel 500ml
Master Class Oil Drizzler / Oil Dispenser, Stainless Steel 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice product! 1000% better than the sticky old bottles ..., 11 Jun. 2016
Really nice product! 1000% better than the sticky old bottles of olive oil I've had on the worktop alongside the cooker until now! I can thoroughly recommend it. Took a star off only because to me in a couple of ways it just didn't feel as 'classy' as I would have liked. The handle feels a little thin, and the fit of the lid is a bit 'metal on metal'... nothing wrong with either, but I'd have enjoyed a bit more of a quality feel. I'd absolutely buy again.

Gorilla Sports Weight Bench with Adjustable Barbell Rack White
Gorilla Sports Weight Bench with Adjustable Barbell Rack White
Offered by Gorilla Sports GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great customer service, 25 Feb. 2016
Great value, great customer service. Pretty straightforward to assemble, even with the very basic spanners supplied. Strong, stable, and easy to fold away. Negatives? The holes for the movable bolts that hold it in position when it's folded away don't quite line up, but they are close enough to work; and when I'm doing dips using the handles on the uprights, I'd appreciate a bit more clearance between my body and the end of the bench. But a combination item like this is always going to be a bit of a compromise, it works well enough, and at this price, it's great value. Worth mentioning that there was a minor fault with the bench when it was first delivered, and the customer service was excellent; no quibbles, no questions, and the part was replaced immediately. Overall, I'm really pleased with it.

Senshi Japan 2x 1" Collars Clamps Lock Barbell Dumbbell Spring Weight Crossfit
Senshi Japan 2x 1" Collars Clamps Lock Barbell Dumbbell Spring Weight Crossfit
Offered by Senshi Sports (UK)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped!, 31 Jan. 2016
Hmmmm... First impressions were great. They feel light, but strong, and they couldn't be easier to use. After all those years using locking nuts, and spinning them round and round, I found myself thinking "why didn't I buy these years ago…?"

However, I quickly realised these aren't as brilliant as I thought. They're fine on any exercise which keeps the dumbbells horizontal, but as soon as I used them for anything that put the dumbbell into a vertical position (e.g. alternate bicep curls) the clamps started to slip. With 5 kg at each end of the bar, I stopped after three reps – a fourth and the weights would be on the floor.

To be fair, I should say that I'm using them on a threaded bar. That may make a difference (although I did ask, and was told they'd be fine). And they'll be fine on a full length lifting bar, where the bar stays horizontal.

But I finished my exercise routine using the clamps with a locking nut at the "bottom" of the bar on any exercise with the bar passed through a vertical position today. Now I've got to decide whether to keep doing that (kind of defeats the object of the exercise) or if I can be bothered to send them back…

As I said, hmmmm....

Puregadgets(c) 30kg Dumbbell Set Kit Weights Training Gym Workout Fitness Body Building Home Muscle Training Bodybuilding

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent product at a very good price indeed - I ..., 5 Jan. 2016
A really excellent product at a very good price indeed - I did my research very carefully! I couldn't find anything else offering a similar range of weights with such generally positive reviews at a price anywhere near this. the only slight negative for me is the screw-on plastic locking nuts. Of course I'd prefer good quality chrome nuts or clamps - but no-one with decent reviews is offering them at this price. These work fine. One was a bit tight to begin with, but they're easing with use. And I'll upgrade soon. The bars are solid and well-made; the weight are first-class.

There are a some silly quibbles in some of the other reviews here - ignore them. (I can't comment on any reported one-off faults.) Yes, the grips on the bars are slightly rough to handle - that's called GRIP! It's no more than usual here. And yes, the weights are quite large; plastic covered filled weights like these always are, and these are smaller than most I've used. If you want smaller weights, buy cast iron. I'd definitely buy again.

LED Head Torch Flashlight with Red Light - Super Bright, Lightweight & Comfortable, Easy to Use - Perfect for Running, Waiting, Camping, Reading, Hiking, Kids, DIY & More, Batteries Included
Offered by Aennon UKô

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I'd hoped for!, 21 Nov. 2015
REALLY great product! I did my research - this was the best price I could find for a head torch with decent reviews. It's easy to use, works brilliantly, and the straps are completely adjustable and very comfortable. I wanted it for walking my dog on dark nights and mornings - there are no lights where we walk. Completely does the job.

Ozone Boson Portable Cloth Gaming Mousepad
Ozone Boson Portable Cloth Gaming Mousepad

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 29 April 2015
I'm blown away! I bought it because the travel mouse I bought to use with my MacBook was useless without a mat! It works better on this mat than it does on my 'proper' mouse mat at home! Thin, light, completely rollable/foldable, I was sceptical but this is a brilliant product. Can't recommend it highly enough, and yes, I'm thinking of throwing my 'real' mat away and replacing with one of these.

SMD4U Foam Earbuds Eartips For Etymotic Er4 Er6I Hf Mc 2 3 5 Micropro Ety8 4S 4B Er38
Offered by Gadget Gala

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 23 Mar. 2015
Slightly mixed feelings here. On the one hand, they are incredibly comfortable. I've been using in-ear headphones for 10 years or more, and these are by far the most comfortable I've ever worn. They are as close as I ever expect to get to forgetting I'm wearing them. The negative is that they are a little smaller than I would have liked. I wear them for exercising; fined for using weights in the gym, but when I'm running I find myself repositioning them maybe three or four times during an hour. As far as I know, I don't have a particularly big ears…! It's not going to stop me using them until I find something as comfortable that's slightly bigger, but it does detract slightly, hence the four stars instead of five.

Page: 1 | 2