Profile for O. Luke > Reviews

Content by O. Luke

O. Luke "Owen L" (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
E-cloth E-Towel Classic Check, Green
E-cloth E-Towel Classic Check, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 3 Feb. 2013
Having been a fan of e cleaning cloths for years I was pleased to see these, whilst initially sceptical about the claims been made I was very surprised by the effectiveness of the cloth. We can dry up a large amount of washing up without having to change t-towels and the everything comes up dry and shiny with the minimal of effort.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 3 Feb. 2013
I was very surprised at the quality of this top, it was lasted well through miles of wear and lots of washing. The fit is good and the material light resulting in it been comfortable and practical. On a chilly day I start with the zip up and the arms down, once I get going I can regulate my temperature by opening the zip and pulling the sleeves up. The colour is good, as a I have to run at night during the winter months, it means I am clearly visible.

Merrell Boy's Trail Glove Granite Grey Velcro Aqua Water Surf Shoes
Merrell Boy's Trail Glove Granite Grey Velcro Aqua Water Surf Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of the adult shoe, 3 Feb. 2013
My 6 year old loves these, I have a pair of the adult version and like those these are tough and built to last. The mesh means that they are not so good if you want to walk through puddles but we had no complaints and it means they dry fast, even when they have been through the wash. The sole is very flexible and it makes climbing (anything) really easy as the foot can shape to 'grip' better. The toe bumper gives added protection from wear and whilst he has had them for a bit now they still look good.

Tenn Mens Off Road 3/4 Length Shorts + 4 Panel - Brown - Medium
Tenn Mens Off Road 3/4 Length Shorts + 4 Panel - Brown - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten for the price or practicality, 3 Feb. 2013
Really comfortable and practical. The main pair of shorts do no have any padding themselves and as such I often where these shorts when I am not just cycling. They have a great level of stretch which helps if you a very active person. As said they are not ¾ length but with them hanging at about knee level they suit me better I am told (by my wife) they look good when I have them on.

Agile Project Management In Easy Steps
Agile Project Management In Easy Steps
by John Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and clear layout, with the right level of detail to get you going right away, 3 Feb. 2013
I am new to Agile and this book is a great start, it is clear and layed out in a very engaging style. The book is very much focused on what I am learning to be the pure software side of Agile but the techniques described can be applied, with a little thought, to a wider range of projects. Its other strength is its size, in one evening I was able to skim read it then jump back to get the detail I have needed. It has become my go to reference when I am explaining to the management team what Agile is and how it is applied to the projects we are working.

Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language, and Charisma
Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language, and Charisma
by Patti Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in actual detail and points to a web site where it is hard to find the videos, 3 Feb. 2013
I must start by saying that I have researched, read and applied the thinking detailed in this book for many years so a lot of this book was not new to me. If you are looking for a basic primer to get you thinking about how you interact with people then this book is OK but if you want detail and if you really want to master the techniques you will need to read further. The book contains a lot of filler and very little actual detail; take for instance the section on arm folding, reference is made to a number of arm fold types, the book only discusses a couple then to get the detail you have go to the authors website which is nothing more then a glorified advert for the book you are reading. Whilst I accept it is easier to see what the author is saying on a video I struggled to find all the videos referenced in the book, not a great first impression! Additionally the author makes reference to her own observations throughout the book but there is little no detail of those observations been peer reviewed and authenticated beyond person experience.

Skil 2497 14.4V Cordless Hammer Drill  (Old Version)
Skil 2497 14.4V Cordless Hammer Drill (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with features you would expect from a more expensive item, 6 Dec. 2011
I searched for long time before selecting this product. I have a corded skil SDS drill which is fantastic, Skil is sub-division of Bosch so the build and product quality is excellent. I have used it to drill in very tough stone through to putting screws in to thin plywood, the soft start gives very good control, whilst the geared speed selection gives a drill speed higher than I found on some corded drills.

The intelligent fast charger is a massive bonus having now lost several battery drills to over-charge, I can safely leave the battery on charge knowing it will be protected and charging will stop once the battery is fully charged. The battery gives very good sustained performance, the speed may drop off a bit but the driving power, for a 14v system is impressive.

The product comes in a good solid case which houses everything very tidily and with the second battery I can continue working whilst the first battery is on charge.

GreyMobiles Black SPORTS Steering Wheel Attachment For Nintendo Wii Remote
GreyMobiles Black SPORTS Steering Wheel Attachment For Nintendo Wii Remote
Offered by Noors

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job - A rare combination, 6 Dec. 2011
I was very and pleasantly surprised by this item. The build quality is good and the product feels very solid. As yet our 5 year has not managed to damage in anyway.

Getting the controller in and out can feel a bit tight but that is better then it coming out unexpectedly.

Other than flashy logos comparing this product to other more expensive times it is difficult to see any real difference.

Umbra Prop Cook Book Stand, Espresso
Umbra Prop Cook Book Stand, Espresso

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but could be so much better, 6 Aug. 2010
Firstly for wood read MDF.

The finish is quite rough, I am guessing it is sprayed on. I had to wipe the 'wood' several times with a damp cloth to clean the inside of the stand; it was covered by a dust which looked to be the same as the finish and so I guess is a by-product of the spray finish.

Beyond the finish the stand does have some nice features, I particularly like the clip to hold small recipe cards and the clear plastic cover is very useful. The base has a thin rubber/foam pad which stops it both from slipping and from soaking up any spilt liquid. The size of books the stand can take is fixed but so far it has accommodated every book I have tried.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is fantastic, 18 May 2010
We bought this topper for our sons bed which was very hard and it has made a significant improvement.

It is very well made, the straps are very firm and it secures well to the bed.

The filling is very soft and the top is really as thick as it looks in the picture. When compressed and released the topper fills out back to original depth.

At even the full price this product is worth it as it performs better then some others we have tried at a far higher price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3