Profile for Mr. R. W. Leach > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. W. Leach

Mr. R. W. Leach

Harman/Kardon NC Premium Noise-Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones with In-Line Remote and Mic - Silver/Black

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 3 Jan. 2014
They look great. They are integrated with the iphone so you can adjust volume, skip tracks, pause, even answer calls. They charge via USB and still work, albeit without the noise cancelling function, when the batteries are flat.

They sound fantastic... for a while. But there is clearly a manufacturers fault. I've had two pairs now, and in both cases the left channel has developed problems with high frequencies within six months of new. I can hear movement of parts in left speaker that effects the high frequencies. The effect is frustrating and ruins the listening experience.

Amazon were great in replacing the first pair. Now I'm hoping I can get a full refund to spend my money on another brand.

So disappointed as these were by far my preferred choice.

How Soon is Now?: The Madmen and Mavericks who made Independent Music 1975-2005
How Soon is Now?: The Madmen and Mavericks who made Independent Music 1975-2005
by Richard King

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 17 Aug. 2012
if you enjoyed Simon Reynolds' Rip It Up, you'll find this the perfect counterpart - telling the fascinating story of the characters and business behind the scenes of one of the richest periods of UK creative industry.

Digestible, cohesive, exhaustive, funny; I'm sure this would be an enjoyable read even for someone only familiar with the acts (everyone will have one record or two from this book), and not the machinations.

Churning Strides
Churning Strides

5.0 out of 5 stars Intimate delicacies from across the channel, 2 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Churning Strides (Audio CD)
wow, a truly beautiful album. Over the course of 8 tracks we are treated to Yann Tambour's intricate and dazzling finger plucking of the accoustic guitar and kora (a north african stringed instrument, somewhat resembling a harp I believe), complimented with his fragile and sometimes cracked vocals. at times the music slips into dizzying mantras, like locked grooves that seem to be cut into my head, playing over and over again hours after I've stopped listening to the album.

my only regret is that there are not more songs sung in his native french tongue. not that I'd substitue any of the tracks present, rather a second CD maybe?

Up there with your Jose Gonzalezs and Nick Drakes for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2009 8:41 PM BST

A Smile Is A Curve That Straightens Most Things
A Smile Is A Curve That Straightens Most Things

5.0 out of 5 stars certainly made me smile, 10 April 2007
What a cracking debut! From the incredible opening 'Cannot Be Straightened' right through to the climactic carcophony that is 'How I Desire', it never loses your attention. Rich in texture and styles, there's a surprise on every track.

loved it