Profile for C. Lynds > Reviews

The Man Who Cycled the Americas
The Man Who Cycled the Americas
by Mark Beaumont

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 22 May 2011
Wow amazing, the best book I have read this year!!

Read this book after being blown away with Marks first book The man who cycled the world, and the man who had inspired my fiance to cycle for Help for Heroes.

Readers and Fans of Mark will not be disappointed with this book, its again inspiring, a page turner, a book that you wont be able to put down and some times a book that you will be on the edge of the seat reading especially when Mark is climbing the mountains. You will feel Marks high and lows and want to both laugh and cry on many occasions throughout the book. You will travel with Mark through every page. What can I say this book is purely amazing. Even if like myself you are not a cyclist or a climber this will appeal to everyone so will recommend to friends and family.

Isabel's Bed
Isabel's Bed
by Elinor Lipman

2.0 out of 5 stars isabel's bed who care's, 24 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Isabel's Bed (Paperback)
Thought this book had a good look to it and the back didn't really read that bad either.............................I was so wrong!!!! Tried really hard to finish this book but couldn't. The story line was dull and very slow and seemed to be going nowhere, by the middle of the book you would have thought that something would have got the reader gripped but nothing: the story seemed to be going nowhere. I wanted to know more about the people in the book but there was no structure or story to enable the reader to do this.

I wouldn't pass this book on to any of my friends to be honest it will more than likely go in the bin. I am very disappointed and tried really hard to overcome the boardom that this book provided!!!