Profile for Malcolm Alderton > Reviews

Content by Malcolm Alderton

Malcolm Alderton "malc20" (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
BlackRapid Wrist Strap for Camera with 5 Year Product Warranty
BlackRapid Wrist Strap for Camera with 5 Year Product Warranty
Price: 17.70

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money for me, 14 July 2014
Strong and secure hand strap - bought this to use as an alternative to my RS7 shoulder strap - uses the same FastenR-3 which is not supplied with the strap. I have quite large hands AND THE STRAP FITS SNUGLY OVER MY HANDS - I KNMO0W SOME REVIEWERS HAVE MENTIONED IT CAN BE A TIGHT FIT. not cheap but solid.

BlackRapid Lockstar for Strap
BlackRapid Lockstar for Strap
Price: 10.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra security - you get two to a pack., 14 July 2014
the pack contains two of these clips which just add that extra bit of security - one for my Black Rapid strap and one for my wife's camera strap

DSLRKIT Photographer's Wristband Lens Focus Ring / Stop Zoom Creep Silicon Latex
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but buy a charity wrist band instead?, 28 Jun 2014
Cheaper than the Branded ones but even cheaper - just buy one of the many charity wrist bands you see everywhere today - the charity gets money and you get a band that stops lens creep..

Belkin Pro Series High Integrity VGA/SVGA Monitor Replacement Cable 5m
Belkin Pro Series High Integrity VGA/SVGA Monitor Replacement Cable 5m
Price: 9.21

5.0 out of 5 stars eXCELLENT BIT OF KIT, 10 Jun 2014
I purchased this as I was giving a presentation in a room where there was a large LCD TV so rather than using a projector and screen , this meant I could run from the laptop to the TV. The cable is very well made and is quite thick but built to last. great vale and worked without any issues - this on an HP laptop running Office 2013 and Windows 7.

CDA CHA1 Active Charcoal Filer
CDA CHA1 Active Charcoal Filer
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES ITS JOB, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: CDA CHA1 Active Charcoal Filer
it WORKS AND DOES ITS JOB , NOT SURE WAT ELSE TO SAY AS ONCE INSTALLED IT JUST WORKS AS IT SHOULD

WD My Passport Ultra 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive with Auto and Cloud Backup - Blue
Price: 52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, small portable drive, 15 May 2014
Just bought this and am very impressed, backed up some photographs onto it using the supplied software which updated to the latest version. Bought this so I can have an additional external copy of my photographs and is small enough to lock away in a safe. Also small enough to take on holiday to backup and photographs that I take on holiday if no Wi-Fi available for backup to Dropbox/OneDrive. SO far excellent product and fast even on USB2. Works fine with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value, 12 May 2014
Bought this and it is well worth the money - enough room for cable and disk, good solid zip and excellent value.

Black Rapid Womans Camera Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Black Rapid Womans Camera Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but not cheap, 12 May 2014
Bought this for my Wife who has started to make use of my "spare" DSLR and this just makes carrying the camera so much easier for her - very well made and comfortable to wear I am told.

WD Black Cover 2.5
WD Black Cover 2.5
Offered by Mobinator
Price: 5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 May 2014
Just bought this along with my WD 1TB My Passport disk - perfect fit to hold disk and cable - good zip and a solid hard case to protect the disk. great value and well made I have paid a lot more for cases not as good as this one - a great bargain.

Bose  Solo TV Sound System
Bose Solo TV Sound System
Price: 299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally , good qualirty sound from my Tv wthout the wires., 24 April 2014
I've been pondering about getting this system for some time. I also looked at Sonos Soundbar as I already have a Sonos speakers around the house but the 600 price tag was just too much and the bar is too big . I know some people will say you can get better sound with a 2.1 or 5.1 system but I did not want wires around the Living room, massive bass box behind the TV and speakers on stands behind the Seats. I just wanted something that was easy to use, looked good and sounded great - this does it for me.

I finally obtained a Solo from Bose ( reconditioned with 2 yr guarantee for 330) under the 30 day trial to actually see what it sounded like in my room with my TV etc.

The quality of the sound is vastly improved, it's not so obvious initially until I started to switch between TV and the Solo - improved depth of Sound, background sounds much clearer, dialogue clearer and overall better clarity. Works well with Xbox 360, Wii, Freesat, Blu-Ray player and You view boxes all connected via my 3 year old Toshiba TV - I would recommend it if you want improvement over the built in TV speakers. - worth the money for me..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6