Profile for Malcolm Alderton > Reviews

Content by Malcolm Alderton

Malcolm Alderton "malc20" (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Running Songs 100 Hits - The Ultimate Collection
Running Songs 100 Hits - The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent selection of running tracks., 9 July 2015
great choice of running tracks for not a lot of money - what else can I say.

Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Running Watch with Colour Display and Heart Rate Monitor - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant running watch - easy to use and sync, 9 July 2015
Superb - recommended to me by other runners.

We had spent a long time deliberating over running watches and whether we wanted a wrist based HRM ot chest strap.

In the end, research seemed to suggest that wrist based HRM were still less accurate than chest straps and as we don't expect to wear them all the time, we went with the 220 and HRM strap.

Other runners rated the 220 highly and after using it now for a few runs I can say I am very pleased with the ease of use, the way it simply connects to my iPhone when I want it too, the data available to me in Garmin connect on the phone and even more so on the web based connect service.

It also connects and syncs with my Strava account, this took a matter of moments to set up and it syncs very quickly with that as well.

really impressed with the clarity of the screen, simplicity of use and the accuracy of the data it collects.

I've used this on training runs and also in 5 and 10k races and it is a doddle to use.

highly recommended.

A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)
A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a different storyline - enjoyable, 17 Jun. 2015
interesting

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant - easy to use, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Excellent product ,makes accessing Prime simple and the menu system is easy to use.

Inateck Kindle Paperwhite Folio Case Smart Cover for Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite 2015 300 PPI 3rd gen/ 2014/ 2013/ 2012, with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function, Black
Offered by Inateck

Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac)
Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant software service - works really well., 9 Mar. 2015
Just renewed Office 365 for the second time - easy to update with a new licence key - took about 2 minutes. We've now been using Office 365 since it's inception - well worth the subscription fee.

The software works really well across 5 PC's and laptops in the family especially as my Daughter is working abroad and my son is at University. It allows me to keep them up to date without worrying about it.

Also hooks onto our Apple iPhones, Windows phones and iPads and by using the OneDrive storage - it really doesn't matter which device I use as my key files and documents are always available.

Unfortunately the Android support is for a later version than is on my Android tablet which I can't upgrade so looks like another iPad purchase to replace the android tablet later this year.

Epson EB-W03 WXGA 2700 Lumens Portable 3LCD Projector
Epson EB-W03 WXGA 2700 Lumens Portable 3LCD Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great projector, solid enough and great clear images., 5 Mar. 2015
Superb projector - especially for the price.

I bought this for use by our local Wildlife group and our requirements were for a high quality projector to use in large meeting rooms/ village halls etc.

The projector gives very bright clear images, easy to set up with multiple inputs which makes it a very flexible and versatile device.

I particularly like the ability to "square" up the image when the projector is at an angle to the screen.

I can't say I have noticed the supposed noise from the fans even without putting it into ECO mode. It is lightweight to carry and comes with it's own carry case but not quite enough room in it for the power, VGA cables and remote control but they can easily slip into your laptop bag anyway.

TIP: As we use this for a group and we need to have it available , I did purchase a spare lamp assembly - cheapest place was from Epson's own website with free postage.

A Man's Word (The King's Hounds series)
A Man's Word (The King's Hounds series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 23 Feb. 2015
a good read

Perfect Tortilla Kitchen Pan Baking Tray Tin Mould Set Taco Salad Dips Bowl
Perfect Tortilla Kitchen Pan Baking Tray Tin Mould Set Taco Salad Dips Bowl
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Exce4llent value and easy to use., 8 Feb. 2015
excellent and so easy to use. - great for making tortilla salad bowls.

Handy Pocket Credit Card Size Magnifying Card- Slim Reading Lens
Handy Pocket Credit Card Size Magnifying Card- Slim Reading Lens
Offered by MTMC

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy and cheap, 29 Jan. 2015
useful to keep in the wallet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10