Profile for N. Duncan > Reviews

Content by N. Duncan

N. Duncan "Nick" (Bromley Kent UK)

Terry's Top Tips for Acrylic Artists
Terry's Top Tips for Acrylic Artists
by Terry Harrison
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informative book, 21 July 2011
I found this book very easy to read. There were loads of techniques explained with good illustrations. It was not wordy which I like for this type of book and there were plenty of illustrations both of how the technique was achieved and of finished paintings. In my opinion a good book for someone starting out in acrylic painting. This artist also produces videos and DVDs both on You Tube and to buy.

Snugg Black Leather iPad 1 Case with Lifetime Guarantee - Flip Stand Cover with Protective Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for the Apple iPad 1
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: 57.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally very happy, 28 Dec 2010
I received this item in good time taking in to consideration the weather and holiday period. This is a well constructed case and works well on my lap. The stand works well and the iPad is stable in this mode. My one minor criticism is that the iPad is slightly loose in the case, not enough to cause it any damage but in the stand the iPad slips very slightly down and the home button moves slightly so that it is not fully in the recess of the case. But this a minor criticism and in general I am very happy with the case.

Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
by Dion Scoppettuolo
Price: 32.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very uesful, 1 July 2010
I found this book very useful in my early stages of learning Aperture 3. I found it took you through Aperture in a very logical way and it suited my way of learning.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Price: 3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, 6 Dec 2009
This product does 'what it says on the tin' and to date without a hitch. I am very pleased. Pity they don't make one for Compact Flash.

Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium Graphics Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy to date., 31 Aug 2009
I bought this item because I wanted to move up to something a little larger than A6. I have always been very happy with Wacom tablets and this one was no let down. I use it for digital manipulation of my photographs and could not so without it now. I found it easy to set up and was working with it within 5 minutes of opening the box.

I am a serious photographer and find it perfectly adequate for my requirements when using Photoshop and it is a lot cheaper than the Intuos range.