Profile for PJ > Reviews

Content by PJ

PJ (Bucks, United Kingdom)

And When Did You Last See Your Father?
And When Did You Last See Your Father?
by Blake Morrison

1.0 out of 5 stars An insult to his Father's memory., 9 April 2012
The author constantly tells us what a private man his father was, and how he didn't want the local community to know of his demise. He then continues to describe in graphic detail the end of his father's life. Having nursed and lost someone to cancer I do not understand why he wish to slight his fatner's memory by doing this. Anyone who finds it interesting to know the details of how someone loses control of their body should think hard about why they do so. A well worn father/son story of little interest.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied customer, 16 Jan 2011
The kettle was faulty and did not work. I called the company who supplied the kettle and they gave me a returns address.
I returned the kettle on the 3rd December. They claim not to have received the kettle and despite me advising them by email on four occasions that I have a proof of postage, and asking what I should do to obtain a refund they refuse to co-operate.
I have therefore paid for a faultly kettle, and cannot get my money back.
I don't think I will use companies advertising on Amazon anymore as this is not the first time I have had problems.

I Am The Movie
I Am The Movie

5.0 out of 5 stars MCS...WOW!, 25 Aug 2005
This review is from: I Am The Movie (Audio CD)
What can I say? This album is incredible. A fantastic band to see live, and a fantastic band on CD, from the first track to the last you will be hooked on the great vocals, catchy guitar work and unique keyboard riffs. Its great to see a band with so much potential actually showing what they are capable of. As far as drumming, guitar work and vocals, they are not groundbreaking, but as a unit, they have a unique, interesting and catchy sound. Buy it. Now!

Commit This To Memory
Commit This To Memory

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from MCS!, 11 Aug 2005
This review is from: Commit This To Memory (Audio CD)
Having first heard of MCS due to them supporting Blink 182 on tour, I bought I Am The Movie and is a firm favourite with my CD player. Going on what I knew from 'I am the movie', I bought Commit this to Memory and it is just as good. The bands originality and potential is really demonstrated on this release, however I am not sure it achieves the same catchiness as I am the Movie, but it is still fantastic. Really, do not even think twice about buying this album, you will not be disappointed.
Ps. Also check out Rufio's new album and listen to Fatal Flaw (they haven't made it big yet, but they are a great punk band on the up!)