Profile for Treacle > Reviews

Enamel Silver & Crystal Bumble Bee Pendant Necklace
Enamel Silver & Crystal Bumble Bee Pendant Necklace
Offered by PYNK Jewellery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 5 Jan. 2015
Beautiful necklace. Very pleased with the quality of both the charm and the chain.
Thank you!

Outdoortips Fashion Women Fingerless Gloves Autumn Fall Winter Warm Chunky Knit and Knit Leg Warmer (Leg Warmer-Gray)
Offered by outdoortips

5.0 out of 5 stars Legwarmers - Great purchase for teenage girls, 5 Jan. 2015
Bought these legwarmers as a Xmas present for my 13 year old daughter. She has extremely thin legs so I had no idea if these would stay up or not. But they are really perfect. The size is great and the quality appears very good too.
A real bargain - thank you!

The Christmas Party
The Christmas Party
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Party (Paperback)
My favourite ever Carole Matthews book was when she went away to Kenya - this book comes a close second!
It's virtually all set in a lovely big manor house for a larger-than-life office Christmas party.
Although there is one main character, Louise, the story doesn't centre around here as there's loads of other great characters to help move the story along and take it into different directions.
If anyone has attended such an office party, then this book will definitely strike the right cord with you.
A really great read!

Saving Grace
Saving Grace
by Jane Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly average, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Saving Grace (Hardcover)
When I read the back of Jane's new book I was very excited with the plot. Normally I find her books a little too sickly sweet but this sounded like it could have a real dark side to it - very 'Single White Female' (if you ever saw the film). GREAT!
However, not so great. Jane never really made good use of the plot and therefore never took it to where it needed to go in order for the story to ever really grip me.
The main character was very annoying I wanted to give her a good shake.
Very insipid ending.
Overall, it was readable but what a shame she never took the bold step to write a chick-lit with guts.

Private: No. 1 Suspect: (Private 4)
Private: No. 1 Suspect: (Private 4)
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting & enjoyable read., 11 Sept. 2014
I went off James Patterson a few years ago when he started churning books out with other writers at great speed and they were mostly rubbish.
However, I saw the reviews for this one and thought I would give him another chance...I'm really glad I did.
Firstly I love love love the short chapters - it makes it really easy to pick the book up quickly and frequently which is how I like to read.
The storyline was great, the main character was really likeable and it was written with good pace.
I also enjoyed feeling like I was getting a sneaky inside look at the lives of the rich and famous albeit from a fiction point of view.
Nice work James & Maxine. Thanks for a good read.

Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a great purchase!, 27 July 2014
Fantastic mask. Soft, comfy, blocks out 99% of light. Would recommend.

Orange Is the New Black [DVD] [2013]
Orange Is the New Black [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Taylor Schilling

4.0 out of 5 stars Really liked - need to stick with it through the first few episodes though!, 7 July 2014
For me, this is not the next Breaking Bad. Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed it. However, you have to get through the first few fluffy episodes before you can really begin to understand what journey you are meant to on.

In fact the plot and characters built nicely and it got more and more hard core as the episodes went on ending with quite a "wow!" shocker moment which will definitely mean I have to watch Series 2 when out on DVD.

Can't believe it's only rated a 15 - the language is awful (which it would be in prison!)

Don't always like the flash-back scenes but they do help the viewer to understand that everyone in prison has their own story and reason for being there so it does add to the authenticness of the show.

Didn't warm to Piper or how boyfriend but don't think that really mattered. As it's a true story, they had to portray her as she really was and therefore she came across as weak and annoying.

Ozeri Pro II Digital Kitchen Scale, 1g to 12 lbs Capacity, with countdown Kitchen Timer
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant purchase - very happy., 18 Jun. 2014
Started the 5:2 Fast Diet so thought I should invest in some scales to make weighing exact amounts easier than using my old fashioned type.
I was looking for scales that were lightweight, compact, easy to use, inexpensive and nice to look at too. These scales ticked all the boxes and more.
I love the added bonus of being able to weigh food in containers and it takes account of the weight of the container - very clever and dead easy to use.
There's also a timer on there on which is a nice to have however I haven't used that facility yet.
Very easy to skip between different weight measurements. They are so light and sleek design they fit neatly in my kitchen drawer.
I saw some very similar ones in a posh kitchen shop in Guildford (solar powered) @ £30 so these are a great buy.
Would definitely recommend.

3ft 190 x 90 x 17 (CM) Budget Memory Foam Spring Mattress
3ft 190 x 90 x 17 (CM) Budget Memory Foam Spring Mattress
Offered by eXtreme Comfort Uk Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money it's an excellent choice, 20 May 2014
I didn't want to pay a lot for my Mum to get a spare mattress for my daughter to when we come to stay but neither was I too keen to compromise on quality. After reading the reviews on this mattress I thought I would take a chance.
I liked the fact that it combined memory foam with springs. We found the memory foam side to be wonderfully comfy. My daughter slept soundly (result!)
The delivery was fast and the communication of the seller very good too.
All in all, I am very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend to others.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes
by Sophie McKenzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start, great middle, awful ending, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Paperback)
Read this book very fast as it intrigued me from page one. Very easy reading with great characters and a gripping storyline.
Very well written for about 70% of it.
Just wish the ending hadn't been so poor :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4