Profile for Richard Linnell > Reviews

Content by Richard Linnell

Richard Linnell "Corporate Huer" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Evergreen Enriched Lawn Soil 25L
Evergreen Enriched Lawn Soil 25L

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to be used as a lawn top dressing., 21 April 2015
This review is from: Evergreen Enriched Lawn Soil 25L
Although the packaging might state "Ideal as a lawn dressing", this product isn't, not unless you have one of the following :
> A very low standard of what is acceptable as a lawn soil,
> A 5mm garden sieve (griddle) and a lot of spare time.

I bought a considerable amount of this product to top dress my lawn and ended up having to filter the lot. Circa, 40 bags. I threw away approximately 20% of it. It is full of stones, clay, sticks and organic debris, plastic, and, unacceptably for a product to be used on the surface of a lawn, there was some glass shards.

I have included a photograph of a selection of items sieved out of the product, including one of the glass shards. The £1 coin I added purely for scale.

Crocs Baya, Unisex-Adults' Flip flops, Blue (Navy), 8 UK (M)/9 UK (W)
Crocs Baya, Unisex-Adults' Flip flops, Blue (Navy), 8 UK (M)/9 UK (W)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm using them as slippers., 12 July 2014
These are mega comfortable.

Joseph Bentley Wooden Garden Riddle
Joseph Bentley Wooden Garden Riddle
Offered by Longacres Garden Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Useless as a winter fashion garment., 12 July 2014
This product is great at being a riddle, but completely useless as a scarf. If you are looking for a device for removing stones from soil, then this is for you, however, if you are looking for something to keep your neck warm in the winter I suggest you try something else.

Topwell® Universal QI Wireless Charging Receiver film for micro-USB of All Android Mobile Narrow-Interface Down (Port B)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much use for an HTC one M8, 12 July 2014
I bought this for my HTC one M8.

In short these devices are not really films, they are thicker than that. They don't curve well to the M8's curved back. When I put my dot matrix cover over it it kept popping off at the corners because of the lack of flexibility.

When I put the device on the charger overnight (an Expower Qi wireless charger), it got so hot that I worried I had damaged my phone. I have since decided not to bother and stock to the usb charging.

3 stars because it probably works fine on a flat phone with another charger.

Expower(R) Qi Wireless mini Phone Charger for Samsung S6 / S6 Edge, Google Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Google Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note4 Note3 and S5 S4 S3 and other QI Device (Black)
Offered by Smart techonology

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hot to handle., 12 July 2014
I bought this charger, along with the Topwell universal charger film to make my HTC one m8 wireless chargeable.

All works, the phone charges relatively quickly, the little green light flashes to show you that it's charging, all good.

So why the one star review?

Well, the answer is simple, heat.

I put my phone by my bed to charge overnight and during the night woke up to the smell of hot plastic. When I picked up my phone it was very warm, almost too hot to hold. My feeling is that if you leave a phone on this charger for any length of time you are in danger of overheating the battery and potentially starting a fire.

I have decided to go back to the standard usb charger.

AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Jun. 2014
Pros :
Sticks to the surface like glue
Sharpens knifes very very well and easily

Cons :
You will cut yourself when you do the obligatory "so is this blade sharp then" finger test.

HTC One M8 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Glacial Silver
HTC One M8 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Glacial Silver
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone., 21 Jun. 2014
I had the HTC One X before. This suffered from an awful battery and un expandable memory. In comparison this phone is far, far superior.

There's not much, if anything, I don't like about it. To be fair I would probably have said similar things about the Galaxy S5 or the Xperia 2. The reason I chose the M8 was the build. The metal case feels far more upmarket, the Galaxy was very plasticky, the Xperia's glass back seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

SanDisk SDSDQXL-064G-FFPA 64 GB Class 10 Mobile Extreme Micro SDXC  Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging
SanDisk SDSDQXL-064G-FFPA 64 GB Class 10 Mobile Extreme Micro SDXC Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for an HTC One M8 does what it should, 21 Jun. 2014
It's pretty difficult to review a 64GB SD Card. I give it 5 stars because it does everything it is supposed to do, and the phone doesn't complain.

I am using it mainly for photos, video and Google Play music store on the phone. Videos play fine, so I guess it's all good.

Usb 3.0 Y-Cable Y Cable Micro Type B Male To Standard Type A Male + Power Supply
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for 500GB Verbatim drive and Wii U, 21 Jun. 2014
After picking up a Verbatim 500GB to attach to my Wii U, I was a bit miffed to find out that the Wii U couldn't provide it with enough juice for it to work reliably.

This little beauty solves this issue. Plugged in to both of the USB 2 sockets on the back of the Wii, the drive now works 100%.

Blagdon PowerSafe 2-Outlet Switchbox
Blagdon PowerSafe 2-Outlet Switchbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Simple, Robust, 21 Jun. 2014
Really easy to wire up, fit to the wall, and operate.

Much more straightforward than faffing around with outdoor plug sockets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3