Profile for Lizzie > Reviews

Lizzie (Gloucestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Drive Medical 10304BI-6S Folding Cane Walking Stick with Strap Blue Ice
Drive Medical 10304BI-6S Folding Cane Walking Stick with Strap Blue Ice

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Medical 10304BI-6S Folding Cane Walking... Drive Medical Posted publicly as Lizzie | Clear, 6 Feb. 2015
Well made, feels sturdy too after I raised it to its full height. Lovely colour.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle White: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Thought this would be a good read after listening to a 'raving' review on the radio. OK if you like books that go backwards and forwards in the dialogue describing the characters in the story. I found it quite confusing. However, I was waiting for an operation in the hospital so my mind may not have been concentrating properly.

Morphy Richards Bread Maker Kneading Paddle SP52LL
Morphy Richards Bread Maker Kneading Paddle SP52LL
Offered by SparesPlanet

4.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Bread Maker Kneading Paddle..., 2 Feb. 2015
This was a well made paddle and the description said it would fit the Morphy Richards 48220 bread maker. (I had had mine for several years). However, the spindle in my machine had two flat sides and therefore this paddle would not in any way fit onto the spindle so I had to return it. It loses one star due to the inaccurate description. I tried several sites to find a paddle but not even Morphy Richards had any paddles that were either compatible or the original fitting. Purchased another bread maker instead, very costly alternative!
Update: 6/2/2015: I have increased the star rating for KGA as they have agreed to refund my payment even though the returned package appears to have been "lost" in the postal system. Most grateful to them and proof of a very fair Market Place seller. Thank you.

Morphy Richards 48326 Manual Breadmaker - White
Morphy Richards 48326 Manual Breadmaker - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards 48326 Manual Breadmaker -..., 2 Feb. 2015
Purchased from Amazon Warehouse Deal for half normal price. The description said 'used' however, it was hard to see whether it had been used or not. It was very clean and appeared brand new and was packaged in its original packaging with Morphy Richards box. I immediately did a test loaf as per instructions as the machine was set to do a standard loaf for demo purposes i imagine. All appeared to be as it should except I used malted brown flour and the loaf came out a bit solid with a very hard crust (not chewable!). To be fair the standard loaf recipe says white bread flour so can't blame the machine. It pays to read all the instructions before switching the bread maker on! It loses one star because the kneading paddle comes off too easily. When removing the loaf from the pan the paddle was embedded inside the loaf causing a big hole once it is prized out with a knife. The only reason I bought a new machine was because I had inadvertently thrown half a loaf away and had not noticed that the paddle was missing from the pan. I could not obtain a new paddle from anywhere as the machine is obsolete.
6/2/2015: Update: I baked a second loaf from scratch with my own programme: Oat and banana loaf. Came out beautifully with light crust setting and started on Basic loaf programme. Tastes good too. I must add also that the paddle did not get embedded in the base of the bread. Now very pleased with the bread maker and would recommend.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend., 2 Feb. 2015
After first use I noticed an improvement on the soles of my feet. Would recommend.

Dafa 24 x 36-inch Self Healing Cutting Mat, Green
Dafa 24 x 36-inch Self Healing Cutting Mat, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased to have diagonals etc to make cutting on the ..., 14 Jan. 2015
Does what it should. Pleased to have diagonals etc to make cutting on the cross easier. 36" x 24" bigger than I imagined. But just as useful.

RAVEL Womens Mavis Shoulder Bag RLA017 Navy
RAVEL Womens Mavis Shoulder Bag RLA017 Navy
Offered by Apparel VI

5.0 out of 5 stars RAVEL Womens Mavis Shoulder Bag RLA017 Navy, 14 Jan. 2015
This is a really nice spacious bag. Large but not too large. Shoulder chain and half faux leather strap (not cross body) hangs just to hip level. (I'm 5ft 9in). Top carry handle very useful when having to rifle about inside for purse etc. Navy colour not too dark. Useful work bag or anytime.

Sewing Machine Needles Schmetz - Buy 2 Get 1 Free + FREE NEEDLE THREADER & POSTAGE (3 Packets For The Price Of 2, Overlocker Asst 80/12&90/14 + Threader)
Offered by The Ironing Press Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing Machine Needles Schmetz - Buy 2 Get 1 Free + FREE NEEDLE THREADER..., 14 Jan. 2015
Does what it says on the packet. I use these needles in my Singer and Husqvarna sewing machines. No problems, good quality needles.

Geratherm Easy Med, Compact Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Geratherm Easy Med, Compact Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Offered by PISPO Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Geratherm Easy Med, Compact Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor> Made ..., 14 Jan. 2015
Geratherm Easy Med, Compact Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor> Made in GERMANY. I have used it once and it appears to give a fairly accurate reading but I shall be getting the calibration checked next week, hopefully, and will update review if necessary. The machine is smaller than I expected and I was concerned regarding the armband sizing but it is just about right on my generous upper arm though it would not need to be any smaller!
4/2/2015: Recently had a session with osteopath and took the BP monitor for testing accuracy. Osteopath uses reliable sphygnonamometer type BP monitor and both showed the same readings except diastolic was just 151/79.2 on the sphyg. and 151/80 on the Geratherm. I am happy with that (except the BP is rising!)

Ladies Microfibre No Visible Panty Line Maxi Brief UK20/EU48 White 3PK
Ladies Microfibre No Visible Panty Line Maxi Brief UK20/EU48 White 3PK
Offered by Socks Uwear®

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Microfibre No Visible Panty Line Maxi Brief UK20/EU48 White 3PK, 14 Jan. 2015
Nice briefs. Very fine stretch. Although I have to admit having large hips (22) these knickers are very generous and I think I could easily have managed with size 18UK. Received on time, good service, would use again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20