Profile for R. Avery > Reviews

Content by R. Avery

R. Avery (South Coast UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The John Milton Series: Books 4-6 (The John Milton Series Boxset Book 2)
The John Milton Series: Books 4-6 (The John Milton Series Boxset Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan. 2016
I just can't put Mark Dawson's books down. I purchased the 1-3 boxed set and went straight through it in one go. Now I am doing the same with books 4-6. My wife has downloaded a Beatrix Rose book and I can't wait to get onto that. Marks tells brilliant stories and generally gets to a very satisfying conclusion. The fact that each book follows on directly from the other means that you can if you wish read them all in sequence like a serial, although they would also stand alone. I know that comparisons are unfair, but I have always loved Jack Reacher books and Reacher is a complete pussy compared to John Milton. The world will always be safe whilst Milton is around - just don't get on his wrong side!

Rock Style Key Safe
Rock Style Key Safe
Offered by Dealsdirect247

2.0 out of 5 stars The internal cavity is too small for a Yale Superior series key, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Rock Style Key Safe
The internal cavity is too small for a Yale Superior series key. I had to grind out the interior with a Dremel in order to get a key to fit. In retrospect I might just as well have put the key in a plastic bag and buried it in the garden.

Miller Aluminium Multi-Purpose Ladder 4.7m With New Safety Platforms
Miller Aluminium Multi-Purpose Ladder 4.7m With New Safety Platforms

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 26 Jan. 2016
This seems to be a well made and versatile ladder. When fully extended it does seem to be suitably rigid. There was some slight damage to one of the feet but nothing too much to worry about as it does not affect the operation at all. A slight disappointment for me is that I cannot get the quite the angle I need to get to the dormer window I was hoping the ladder would give me access to. If the angle was adjustable it would have been a great help.

6 Pairs Mens Umbro Sports Socks 6-11 White
6 Pairs Mens Umbro Sports Socks 6-11 White
Offered by SOCKE Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Socks., 26 Jan. 2016
Dirt cheap socks with quality to match. If they make it through the washing machine I will be amazed, but at this price i will still praoblyvhad my money's worth.

Puregadgets(c) Heavy Duty Bike Bicycle Cycle Maintenance Mechanic Repair Folding Work Stand Tool Mountain Bike with quick release handle and clamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2016
This is a really sturdy and well built piece of kit and I love it.

Comforter Duvet Clips, Comforter Duvet Donuts, Bed Duvet Donuts Holders, Keeps Corners of Comforters Duvets Blankets in Place, Prevent Bunching and Shifting
Offered by Beeden

5.0 out of 5 stars These clips work surprisingly well. We have suffered for ..., 26 Jan. 2016
These clips work surprisingly well. We have suffered for years with the quilts sliding down inside the cover. Just using one at the top in each corner has stopped this happening. Despite my misgivings the clips are unobtrusive and you don't notice them at all when in bed.

Waterpik WP250 Nano Water Flosser
Waterpik WP250 Nano Water Flosser

3.0 out of 5 stars but as I get the hang of it I am beginning to love the amazingly clean feel it gives my teeth even ..., 26 Jan. 2016
It has taken a few days to get used to using this device, but as I get the hang of it I am beginning to love the amazingly clean feel it gives my teeth even before I use a toothbrush. The Waterpik seems to be very effective at removing plaque from the gum line and between the teeth. I spect the effectiveness will only continue to improve as I turn the pressure up to full over the next week or so.

I have given three stars because of two issues in the main. The pipe from the base to the hand is very short and stiff which requires you to lean down and toward the base unit to an excessive degree and the stiff hose makes it difficult to manipulate the pink into the recesses you want to reach. One other point is that the tank is very small and I have yet to finish cleaning without refilling it at least once. Obviously this is a 'nano' unit so you can't complain too much at this, but I might just have bought the larger unti had I realised how much water would be required for each cleaning.

Zefal 45 Half Toe-Clips Christophe City Trekking - Large/X-Large, Black
Zefal 45 Half Toe-Clips Christophe City Trekking - Large/X-Large, Black
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars They are easy to fit and use, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Zefal 45 Half Toe-Clips (Sports)
These really help to keep your feet in the right position on the pedals and hence improve your peddling action. They are easy to fit and use. Ideal alternative to clip ins.

Samsung SE-208GB/RSGD Ultra Slim Portable Optical DVD Writer - Grey
Samsung SE-208GB/RSGD Ultra Slim Portable Optical DVD Writer - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart, very neat, 17 April 2015
Very smart, very neat. Just plug it in and off you go. There is not much more that you could ask of a portable drive.

CEP VertiCep Module Attachable for Book Rack and Sorter Capacity A4 Black Ref 675

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok and pretty much does the job, 17 April 2015
It's ok and pretty much does the job. As mentioned previously it is a bit flimsy and a fiddle to assemble though. Point to note is that it is considerably shorter than A4 - so not suitable for folders and books which are not stiff enough to support their own weight. Otherwise it does what it is supposed to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6