ARRAY(0xa6d92fa8)

Profile for J. Davis > Reviews

Content by J. Davis

J. Davis "JulieAnne" (Kent UK)

Butler's Grove The Women's Institute Butter Crumbly Oatie Biscuits 3 x 150 g
Butler's Grove The Women's Institute Butter Crumbly Oatie Biscuits 3 x 150 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely...but..., 15 Sep 2012
Bought these the other day, they didn't last long at all I must say. They are quite pale in colour. They do taste absolutely lovely and very homemade. Ingredients are oats, butter, sugar...nothing else. Whole family loved them. Downside....despite storing the ones left in airtight tin, they went soft by the next day....and started to break up when taking out the tin.....I guess we will have to eat them all at once next time we buy :)

Cloverfield [DVD]
Cloverfield [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lizzy Caplan
Offered by Bridge_Records
Price: 2.92

2.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag!, 15 Jun 2008
This review is from: Cloverfield [DVD] (DVD)
Had some moments but not many to be honest.............really, really disappointing....and cannot honestly recommend to anyone..!

And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD]
And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Broadbent
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Real tearjerker, 19 May 2008
No, I didn't cry at Bambi, Babe or even The Search for Spock, but I met the end credits of this movie with tears rolling....Beautifully acted, very believable and it would be a hard person indeed that could remain unmoved. Highly recommended. I was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Well worth a viewing.........

Mistress of Pemberley
Mistress of Pemberley
by Isobel Scott Moffat
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Tedious Read, 16 April 2008
This review is from: Mistress of Pemberley (Paperback)
I looked forward to reading this, and have just finished but have to say the book did not hold me like others have. The basic storyline is good and there are some nice moments, but it is very drawn out leaving you with the impression that not much has actually happened by the end of the read. It's one of those books you can finish, but never pick up again...disappointing..

Darcy & Elizabeth: Nights and Days at Pemberley (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
Darcy & Elizabeth: Nights and Days at Pemberley (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
by Linda Berdoll
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 11 July 2006
I really loved reading "Mr Darcy Takes A Wife" and had the sequel already on my wish list before I finished reading it. However, "Nights and Days.." was sadly lacking the magic the first book had. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that I had finished the first book, and curiosity got the better of me, I would not have finished the second.

The book was aimless, lacking any real punch or storyline, no real passion (definitely unlike the first) and kept referring to the first book as if Linda Berdoll felt the need to remind us what it was all about.

Linda Berdoll should have gone out on a high..the first was brilliant but sadly this book is rubbish! Ah well..!

The Seven Secrets of Slim People
The Seven Secrets of Slim People
by Vikki Hansen

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well........!, 21 Jan 2005
I guess this programme has been very successful for many people. Sadly, despite starting well, I found the book a bit boring and repetitive and the tapes were fine for the first few HOURS! Soon got bored of listening to the same voices DRONING on about their experiences. Instead of feeling inspired, I felt like I was looking in a window from the outside wondering what everyone inside was talking about! Didn't work for me. I have since sold my copy at a boot sale. Umm!

French Women Don't Get Fat
French Women Don't Get Fat
by Mireille Guiliano

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you by surprise!, 21 Jan 2005
This is NOT a diet book! I know it is supposed to guide people to a new and moderate way of eating, hence instigating a gentle yet steady weight loss and trimmer shape........however, it fails where other diet books storm ahead! Contrary to the other books, this one is NOT boring, NOT repetitive, NOT patronising! Instead, it is fresh, charming, vivid, stirring your imagination and providing you with a powerful inspiration to take another look at your life as an individual not as someone who "follows the pack" as they say, settling day in day out for second best, cheap and unnourishing food - just because that is what you always do! I read this book in just two days as I was SO hooked! Couldn't put it down! Now here's a thought; fancy choosing your food for what it tastes like, how it makes you feel when you eat it and what it can do for your body instead of how many fat grams or calories it HASNT got? From someone who has bought virtually EVERY diet book ever published, this one has changed my whole perspective in one read. Suddenly, you see the problem without all the misleading manufacturers hype on what this and that low fat, low carb junk can do for you getting in the way! Suddenly, you can really see why you are overweight! No more denial! It now feels real! Buy the book, its great - DONT MISS IT!!