Profile for Mister Jones > Reviews

Mister Jones "Jonesium"

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Granny Lies, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Kindle Edition)
We read this book in our Year 4 class.
It was 5 stars because it was interesting and funny, especially her farts!
We also learnt a bit about plumbing.
We disliked the ending because it was a bit sad. We like it because Granny told some good stories and we found out that the queen was actually quite funny. There is also some good scrabble playing.
This book would be good for people who like reading longer stories as well as Ganstas.
It is also a good book for teachers because it shows that not all Grannys are boring.
It is good for people who like adventures and mysteries.
Grannys could read it to their grandchildren.
The ending was funny but sad and it is a really amazing book.

Another Spot On My Bum: & Other Rude Poems
Another Spot On My Bum: & Other Rude Poems
by Gez Walsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but not as good as the first one., 15 Mar. 2013
This book takes all the best poems from the first book 'The Spot On My Bum' and adds in loads more that aren't all that great.
The poems are definitely fun but if you have the first one, don't bother. If you don't have the first one, buy it!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, but not perfect., 12 Jan. 2013
Lights are bright and work well. Seem very durable but when I received them one light wouldn't work.
I bought some new batteries from poundland and now it works fine.

Official Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel (Xbox 360)
Offered by TECNICSPRO24

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't disregard it just because..., 28 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Yes, it doesn't have LB and RB buttons.
I was given this as a present and was ready to take it back and exchange it for something else but I thought I'd buy a couple of cheap driving games to give it a fair chance.
I tried it with F1 2010, Forza 3 and Dirt 2.
The wheel really enhances the gameplay and adds a new challenge to the races, especially when combined with the in-car view.
The driver on screen was matching my steering in all 3 of these games, in terms of how much I turned the wheel and how fast.
It's easy to correct a bit of oversteer using a flick of the joystick, but when you're using the wheel you'll find yourself leaning, twisting and throwing yourself around in order to stop yourself going backwards into the sand trap or flipping helplessly off a cliff.
In all of these games there's a need at some points for the bumper buttons, but you can change the button configuration on most games. On Dirt 2 for example, I didn't need the button for the horn during races so I reconfigured the B button to change views. There are ways of getting around it.
Don't expect it to work amazingly on games such as Driver SF or GTA because it just won't. It's a steering wheel...for driving games!
Only other thing was I found the battery cover difficult to remove and there weren't any instructions on how to do so.
Minor issues I suppose.

Altec Lansing 'Octive 202' iPod/iPhone Dual Dock
Altec Lansing 'Octive 202' iPod/iPhone Dual Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressed, 12 Jan. 2012
After having to return 2 different ipod docks it really was 'third time's a charm!'
Very impressed with this one. Works with my 2nd gen touch and 4th gen nano and charges them both.
Sound quality is pretty good and it's smaller than it looks in the pictures (which turned out to be more convenient for me).
I was also prompted to download a mixing app for mixing songs from both ipods; I haven't had a chance to play with this yet but it's good to see that the manufacturer is thinking about what the customer might want AFTER they have bought the product.
Remote is a bit fiddly but it works from a few metres away and can be conveniently stored magnetically in the back of the unit.
Overall a very well thought-out design and decent sound quality.
The only complaint I have is that there's no option to have it running on batteries so it's a bit of a fiddle to unplug it and take it in the garage for example.
But I don't have a garage so I gave it 5 stars!

(FREE BLUETOOTH Wireless Adapter for iPhone 5 WORTH £20!) Ricco V10 Aluminium Power Tube 30-Pin iPhone 4S 3GS iPod Nano Touch Classic iPad Shuffle Portable Travel Charger Speaker and Docking System-MicroSD MEMORY CARD +USB Flash Drive+ FM Radio+ Alarm Clock+ Remote Control

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is great but..., 7 Jan. 2012
Very happy with the design of the product, solid design etc.
Sound quality was great; don't expect it to power your uni house party though!
When the volume gets to near max I found the screen dims and flashes with the bass.
I tried it with 2 different ipods and found that it won't charge them. Well the problem is more that it can't decide whether it wants to charge them or not. This, with my 2nd gen touch means that you hear a beep every few seconds which is rather irritating.
With my ipod nano 4th gen it has the same trouble, which leads to the screen flashing all the time.
I personally wouldn't mind if it didn't charge the ipods but the fact that it can't decide has really let it down.
Have given 3 stars due to the sound quality for the size is great.

Dell Inspiron 1545 Black UK Replacement Laptop Keyboard (KEY49)
Dell Inspiron 1545 Black UK Replacement Laptop Keyboard (KEY49)
Offered by Racksoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, 30 Mar. 2011
Quick delivery and easy to fit. Guides are all on Dell website and changed it in about 5 minutes.
Good price too.
Thanks

Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS2)
Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Terrible, 28 Jun. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm going to try hard not to use curse words!
It really is bad.
Firstly, Lara's health increases on it's own...so no need to find medikits, which was good in the older games.
No need to pick up weapons as they are given to you at the start of each level and you have unlimited ammo.
This takes away the fun of exploring the whole of the levels as in previous games.
The bonus artefacts in the previous titles have been statues...or pots..or something with at least a bit of story behind it. In this game they are just gold bricks...if I wanted to see gold bricks I'd watch the Italian Job!!
There's no "Croft Manor" levels (well, you could argue that there is but escaping the Manor whilst it's exploding isn't the same as what we're all used to!)
There aren't anough beasties to kill and the ones that do attack you are too easy. Haven't completed it yet but I've got one level left and have had no "boss" levels to complete.
The puzzles are too easy, and if you do get stuck you can get some "field assistance" from your PDA which answers everything for you.
The physics of the motorbike are terrible and hard to get used to, the turning circle of the bike is far too large to get round most of the corners which makes riding the bike rather boring!!
In the large temples, in between rooms you get the SAME corridoor throughout the game which gets very tedious and takes too long to walk down.
The camera angles (which in some cases you cant change >:-( ) are very annoying as most of the time the direction you attempt to move seems to be the opposite.
Lots of glitches and not enough action!!
The way you need to go is blatantly obvious and there's no need to look around for anything in the levels. It's all just a means to an end, as if the whole game is about the ending, not about the journey.
It could have been shortened and used as a couple of levels in the previous titles (but even then it would have been the worst levels!)
All in all I was very disappointed.
It's shi...shi...shocking!!