Profile for Mother and Neuro-therapist from Oxfordshire > Reviews

Content by Mother and Neu...

Mother and Neuro-therapist from Oxfordshire "harrybingham" (Oxford)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant-Pure Vanilla-2 ounce.
Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant-Pure Vanilla-2 ounce.
Offered by UK Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells good. And WORKS, 2 Aug. 2015
Lovely. And just about the ONLY all natural deodorant I have ever found that actually works. All the others - Pit Rock, essential oil based deos and the rest - just didn't do the trick of keeping clothes (under arm) smelling fresh for more than a day when weather warmer. This one excellent and smells divine.
I am NOT a fan of the aluminium based deodorants as my professional opinion is that all such items are absorbed by the skin and have potential to be toxic to the body.

Rapesco Adjustable Diary Punch. Suits most six-hole diaries / organisers
Rapesco Adjustable Diary Punch. Suits most six-hole diaries / organisers

1.0 out of 5 stars Absurd, 2 Aug. 2015
Absurd. To advertise this as being able to punch Filofax A5 is like advertising a screwdriver as being able to work as a hammer. Sure, the screwdriver will make a third-rate hitting instrument of sorts - but it is NOT a hammer.

I bought this Rapesco on the basis of the reviews and the details which claimed it could help with paper for my A5 Filofax organizer.
Imagine my surprise when the item arrived and it is, in total, shorter than the distance between the holes of an A5 Filofax paper? I mean, even when the punch hole are adjusted to their maximum width, there is no way on earth, it can punch an A5 page, as the whole item is narrower than the width between the outside holes.

So I searched around on the internet - perplexed that anyone would suggest this suitable for A5 Filofax. And I discovered that if you are williing to measure 3 1/8th " from the end, and carefully mark both sided of the Rapesco with permanent white tape, and align your piece of paper with only one side of the Rapesco, and do that on both ends of the paper - then it will kind of function as an A5 6 hole punch.

Just like a screwdriver will, in extreme circumstances, function as a sort of hammer.

But me? I figured if I needed something to actually bang nails in to the wall, I would buy an actual hammer.

Be warned. This machine will in NO WAY work for A5 Filofax pages. Unless you are prepared for some DIY, some measuring and some hassle. All suggestions it can do so, should be removed from the advertising.

Unless we are in a world where scredrivers can be advertised as hammers. And small fishing rods. And crude table forks. And...

Baby Secrets: How to Know Your Baby's Needs
Baby Secrets: How to Know Your Baby's Needs
by Barbara Want

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Easy to Understand, 18 July 2015
Brilliant. Much easier to use and work with than the over-hyped Gina Ford. Gina Ford nearly drove me demented - just the reading of it and all its detailed bossiness nearly drove me demented. This book was clearer, simpler, more straight forward. But worked with the same ideas that by using a rhythm throughout the day - Wake, change, feed, play, sleep - with infants from their earliest days, they learned to sleep well and through the night.

I am unusual in that I have had two sets of twins, just 18 months apart. Add to that I am partially disabled and often need a wheelchair - and you will understand why finding something that helped my babies and me find sleep and order was essential. By nature I would have been more of an attachment parenting type: endless cuddles and sleeps all night in my arms etc. But it simply wasn't possible. And this book showed me how to guide my babies in to a sleep routine without causing distress. I am not saying there is NO loss with using a routine with newborns/infants. But the loss it MINOR compared to the huge gains.

Two of my four little ones have had terrible reflux. One badly enough to need frequent medical and hospital treatment. But by sticking with the guidelines in this book - whenever it was reasonable and humane to do so (not of course when the baby was sick or in pain), we all managed to get good sleep at nights. I would add there was little of no ''crying it out'' - whatever that means. But there was some letting the baby grizzle and stress release and also some letting them know in advance that you are leaving the room and gently and lovingly do so without hesitation.

Book is very, very highly recommended. Along with the Harvey Karp ideas of recreating the womb environment (swaddling and white noise) + using a Cocoonababy (expensive but worth it), our little ones were champion sleepers.

Avalon Organics Lavender Hand and Body Lotion 12 oz
Avalon Organics Lavender Hand and Body Lotion 12 oz

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking ingredients, 17 July 2015
I love hte Avalon orgaincs lavender shower gel. So was delighted when I found this and eagerly purchased. It moisturizes moderately well and smells heavenly. But imagine my surprise when I looked at the list of ingredients:

Shocking! Lots of silicones and other toxic nasties. Cyclopentasiloxane is the second largest ingredient and is a silicone. Silicones are absorbed by the skin and may sit in the body for decades - there are no natural processes for removing them. It is one thing to put large quantities of silicone in a hair serum, but quite another to put it in a body lotion which is applied in good quantities over large skin areas (hence a high rate of absorption).

What's wrong with natural safe and effective ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba oil, glycerin and sunflower oil? These works brilliantly and are known to be safe.

Avoid. And PLEASE lets have green and organic body products that are truly green. For a much healthier though equally effective body lotion try Dr Bronner or Urtekam.

Famous Dave's Moisture Tan Fragrance-Free Lotion 118 ml
Famous Dave's Moisture Tan Fragrance-Free Lotion 118 ml
Offered by UKDC

1.0 out of 5 stars unusable, 14 July 2015
NASTY smell and no real tan. Had to use it morning and evening for a week before getting the palest of effects. Far too little self tanner even for a gradual tan. And the smell! Strong version of the "fake tan" smell = some extra musty something. Unusable. Threw it away.

Sel Marin de Guerande, Coarse Sea Salt From France - 1kg Bag
Sel Marin de Guerande, Coarse Sea Salt From France - 1kg Bag
Offered by Käse Theke Chemnitz

2.0 out of 5 stars The salt itself was fine. Adequate, 28 Jun. 2015
The postage for this bag was £13. Idiot that I am I did not notice that. Not bag of salt can be worth £19, which is what this ended up costing me! The salt itself was fine. Adequate. But the postage was outrageous.

Set Of 2 750ml Plastic Airtight Clip Top Vintage Spice Chutney Storage Jars Pots
Offered by Get Goods

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible and useless, 28 Jun. 2015
Terrible quality. I guess you get what you pay for. I bought these instead of additional kilner jars as I liked the idea of something you could see the contents of, kept stuff air tight, but was lighter to handle. T
They arrived covered in stickers. I soaked them in water overnight but nothing came off. Eventually iwith much effort and after 24 hours soaking, I removed the coloured part of the sticker, but the cloudy stickiness remained over every part of the jars. I tried using a knife, a wire sponge - everything. Eventually gave up and thought they could at least be used for storing things in an airtight fashion - even if they did feel sticky to use and were no longer transparent.
I was wrong.
The seal is of such poor quality, you could see daylight though the jar and the lid, even with the catch down. Far less airtight that a standard tin box and nothing like a kilner jar.
Hopeless in every way. As I no longer have the box to return them, I am throwing them away. But a lesson learned. Too cheap to be real.

Good Ideas Naturecare Sounds Machine (110) Aids Tinnitus and helps restful nights sleep with soothing sounds.
Offered by Good Ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine but would be better with power lead., 4 May 2015
Good. A real pity it doesn't come with an AC adaptor - would gladly pay a few pounds more for that - but I use it when we travel for the little ones to soothe to sleep. The choice of noises is pleasant and reasonably loud.

If you wanted it one a lot or every night, then I would say look elsewhere as the lack of adaptor lead would be irksome. One set of Duracell batteries lasted me about 12 nights, 9 hours a night.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as all the other Dr Bronner soaps, 4 May 2015
All castille soaps from Dr Bronner are great to use and safe for all skin types. Highly recommended, super natural and value for money.

BUTTON IT- NEW FOR 2014 - Country Floral Large Cream Floral Sewing Box with Green Polka Dot Lining
Offered by Carters of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable to look at and use, 4 May 2015
As adorable as it looks. I weep at the price, but know I will have it for many years to enjoy. A good size and I wouldn't want anything smaller and as it VERY quickly gets filled up with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12