Profile for Mrs C M Dickinson > Reviews

A Year at Mulberry Cottage
A Year at Mulberry Cottage
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life, 12 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this book and read it in a couple of days whilst on a weekend away. It was a short book and it had the feel good factor, reading about someone who has moved to a rural community and the positives this brings with it. the descriptions of the seasons were good and she is clearly enjoying 'the good life' which I'm sure many would aspire to. I would have prefared it to be a bit longer. Maybe she will write a follow up.

In the Midst of Life
In the Midst of Life
Price: 5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Reading, 7 May 2014
I chose this book because I had previously read Helen Worth's "Call the Midwife" and really enjoyed it.
Most unusually for me I did not finish the book because I found it very depressing and heavy going.
The book focusses on Helen's work life as a nurse which may have been realistic but this was not what I wanted from a book I chose for a bit of light reading.

The House at Spinnaker Cove
The House at Spinnaker Cove
Price: 1.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable holiday read, 6 May 2014
I purchased this to read on a long weekend away.
I found some of the storyline a bit unbelievable.
The heroine, Nell from London chooses to buy a house in Cornwall in exactly the same area where her husband who has disappeared for months and has not made contact with her is running an illegal business from.
I found it equally far fetched that the man who is madly in love with her, Theo and wants to marry her gives her the cold shoulder and doesnt make contact for days when she tells him she is pregnant with his child.
On the positive side I'm a big fan of Cornwall and I enjoyed the descriptions of the area.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 11:47 AM BST

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I found this story gripping, 12 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book and read it in a few days wanting tro find out what happened to the heroine in the end.
I found it a bit unbelievable that if she was being terrorised for such a long period and nonone noticed the marks on her. Also that her 2 children didnt get in touch with her when she was in jail or when she had set up home after jail for such a long period if she was so close to them.
Still a good read!