Profile for V. White > Reviews

The Girls
The Girls
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and a nice change, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Girls (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this. The writing is brilliant. It's no small wonder that it has been so well received. Great book club book.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story that needed told, 14 Oct 2013
I greatly admire that Skloot was able to tell this story in the way she did. To balance the science with the human aspect. Wonderful, wonderful talent and I really enjoyed the book.

Small Foot Design 8757 Doll's Pram Gerda the Goose
Small Foot Design 8757 Doll's Pram Gerda the Goose
Offered by Hot UK Stuff
Price: 29.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not order this item!, 29 Aug 2013
I returned this item three times because each time the pram arrived it was badly damaged due to poor packaging. An absolute shambles as I phoned and explained the problem twice and yet it was broken the third time (albeit not as badly it was still broken) Total waste of my time having to send it back each time. To be honest I don't think it is awfully durable anyway. Quite cardboard like and not sure it would withstand a toddler for too long.

Am starting to doubt many of the reviews on amazon, I suppose it is very easy to write a false one. Don'y waste your time on this product - trust me! Have noticed the company name changes sometimes too which seems a bit dodgy to me.

The School Run
The School Run
Price: 1.53

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit blah, 10 April 2013
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
I felt that the writer didn't cope with all these characters. Bar one or two none were engaging and I just found it pretty dull. Story pretty flat too. Sorry but I would not recommend this book.

After the Fall
After the Fall
Price: 3.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Only okay, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: After the Fall (Kindle Edition)
I'm afraid I was left a little disappointed by this book. Found it pretty predictable and didn't really care too much about any of the characters.

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this down. Preferred 'gone girl' but only because this was that bit darker.

Off to purchase Flynn's third book now!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! What a great read., 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed Gone Girl and am gutted that it's over. A real refreshing change from other books I've read lately. It has 'make me into a movie' written all over it but I really hopthey don't. It's just perfect as is.

Hippychick Keep Sock On's Baby Footwear (White) 1xPair - 0-6 Months
Hippychick Keep Sock On's Baby Footwear (White) 1xPair - 0-6 Months

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful invention!! a must buy, 21 Aug 2010
I have used these on my son and my sister has used them on her daughters and we have found them invaluable!! the babies are still under six months with wee teeny feet and we don't find them to be tight at all - well tight enough to hold the socks on mind you! most socks are quite thick anyway (M&S my favourite) but there certainly haven't been any marks on their feet from them at all.

My son wears his everyday and we have never lost a sock - this from a baby who swing his legs at any opportunity! Would highly recommend.

L'oved Baby Nursing Shawl (Show & Tell Caramel)
L'oved Baby Nursing Shawl (Show & Tell Caramel)
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 21 Aug 2010
This was a great purchase for me. I was able to go out in the very early days without worrying about having to feed in public - it took me a while to learn how to do it discreetly and the shawl means that you don't have to worry about things hanging out while you want to remove the baby for a burp or whatever! ; )

The material is lovely and soft and the bag is really handy. I also used it for a sunshade over my maxi-cosi car seat and it worked great.

I would recommend that you get the baby used to it before using it outside (especially for babies 2mths+ ) as I found my son started to want to push it off a bit at this age. Now that he is almost 5mths it's great for blocking out distractions when he's feeding.

Kids Line Katie Little Teddy Bear Deluxe Security Blanket - Blue
Kids Line Katie Little Teddy Bear Deluxe Security Blanket - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit!, 21 Aug 2010
I bought one of these for my son after seeing my twin nieces with theirs, or rather, seeing how much my son liked theirs! it's ideal for the buggy too as it can double as a wee cover for their legs. The babies seem to love rubbing this on their face - both sides. t's great value too, would definately recommend.

Page: 1 | 2