Profile for Ms. L. F. Marsh > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. F. Marsh

Ms. L. F. Marsh "LFMarsh" (Cambridgeshire)

Roku 2 2720EU Streaming Player
Roku 2 2720EU Streaming Player
Offered by PRICE PROMISE EXPEDITED DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS FREE WITHIN THE UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 23 Dec 2013
I decided to purchase the Roku 2 mainly because I needed a replacement streamer for my non-internet enabled TV. Until recently I had a sony streamer which I used to watch Lovefilm and BBC iplayer, however it did not support HD, Netflix or NowTV and had a tendency to drop the network connection which could be quite frustrating. The Roku appealed to me due to its strong band name and support for Netflix, which I'd recently decided to switch to due to the larger contact available and its support of NowTV which I was also interested in trying out.

After having this model for a couple of days I'm happy to say I think i made a good choice, the HD playback is very impressive, no network drop outs as yet, it has a nice easy browsing interface, Netflix and NowTV work very well and there is some support for playing back recordings from your home network. The headphone jack is also a very useful addition as my partner likes to watch different things on his tablet while I'm also watching TV. The box itself is very small and takes up very little space, solid build quality and virtually noiseless as there are no fans. Comes with a nice simple remote and purple headphones.

On the negative side the initial setup is also quite long winded and can take a while as you have to sign up to a Roku account. Despite having some services I consider essential its also important to note the player doesn't support 4OD or ITV player, which if your not interested in signing up to paid accounts will make the Roku much less attractive.

However In the end Im very happy I decided to purchase the Ruko 2 and would definatly recommend.

The good:

Supports Netflix, NowTV, BBC iplayer and Demand 5
Solid wireless streaming
HD Support
Good quality interface
Useful headphone jack in remote

The Bad:
Complex Set-up
No 4OD or ITV player support

UPDATE: 4OD, ITV player, Youtube and BBC Sport are now supported

Accounting for Managers: Interpreting Accounting Information for Decision Making
by Paul M. Collier

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper Versions Available, 4 Feb 2012
Useful Text Book. Helped me out with my Masters course in Management. Earlier editions are available on Amazon at a much cheaper cost: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0470016094

Fender CD-140SCE - Black
Fender CD-140SCE - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent electro accustic, 5 July 2010
After searching for a long time to find the right guitar for me I settled on this one. I'm very pleased with it, the guitar creates a pleasing sound, was already strung with good quality strings and came with a battery for the internal amp.

The delivery was quick although the box was damaged slightly in transit (the guitar inside was undamaged).

So overall a great product, and good buy.

Sony NWA806FW 4GB Video WALKMAN - White
Sony NWA806FW 4GB Video WALKMAN - White

5.0 out of 5 stars ipod killer, 14 May 2008
I have been looking for a viable alternative to an iPod for a while as i didn't want to become a sheep and follow the itoilet trend, however before i found this player i was discouraged by other mp3 players with their reported breakages by other users and lack of good looks.

Enter the Sony NWA806FW

ok to start with this is a tiny player, was amazed at how small it was when i took it out of the box. its lighter than your iPod nano and is about the same size as its taller but the iPod is wider. Also its design is very nice, big screen, straight forward buttons, looks very sleek and nothing like the other tacky players on the market.

The display itself is crystal clear and the sound quality left me in awe at its clarity and bass quality, which is prob because of the amazing ear phones it includes . In comparison to the iPod it is far superior, partly because of the bass but also because of the 'tinney' quality to the iPods headphones. The lack of software for file transfers has also worked out as a plus because Sony's sonic stage sucks ass so its nice to be able to use just drag and drop, or windows media player. I should also probably mention that the Sony player has 30hours audio playback while the iPod nano only has 24hours. oh and it has a nice clock too.

There are only 2 negatives points that i want 2 bring up, there isn't the option to set any of your pictures as backgrounds which i would have liked and a skin changing option that swaps the layouts colour or something similar would have been nice.

Other than that i would really recommend this player to anyone who doesn't want to follow the crowd. This one will set trends not follow.

Sony MHCRG595 Mini Hifi System With 3CD/2Tape/AM&FM Tuner
Sony MHCRG595 Mini Hifi System With 3CD/2Tape/AM&FM Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing system, 26 Oct 2007
I bought this system about 4 months ago when the price was £170, and thought it was a bargain, so when the price was lowered to £150, i was a little annoyed but amazed at the value. The sound quality is absolutely amazing, ive heard very few hi-fi's sound so good at such a low price. Its been reliable for me, with nothing going wrong (so far) and its a Sony, so a good make. There are a few extra things I'd like to have had on the system, such as a USB port for mp3 players. Although there is a useful audio in line, which i use to play music though my computer, it can also be used for smaller devices too. It does lack a digital radio which is a must for hi-fi's these days, yet you can pick up one that will plug in for about £20 now, and an extra couple of cd holders would have been nice instead of 2 tape players. Yet i am extremely satisfied with my buy, which i hope will last me for a long while and despite it not having every feature under the sun the player its epic because of its simplicity and amazing sound quality. Plus lets face it when you do need to upgrade you can just buy an new centre console and plug your amazing speakers into that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2008 4:06 PM GMT

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (PS2)
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (PS2)
Offered by WorldCinema

3.0 out of 5 stars Great until you get stuck, 8 May 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Ok first of all I'd like to say I love this game. It's a great purchase and I really enjoyed playing it. Yet it has its own little problems, the starting 10 hours as stated by other gamers are such a bore and the Sci-Fi element was hard to settle into at first. Ok, you say? That's fine, i can deal. However! This is a big but, every time I get involved in the plot I get stuck. Some of the puzzles are extremely easy others are completely stupid. Particularly when you have to open doors with a whistle, sounds easy? Wrong! Let's just say matching a different sound to a different colour on the doors harder than it sounds.

Anyways if you're lucky or very good at these horrible puzzles then you should buy it. If your not and what to keep 60+ hours of your life, don't waste your time