Profile for Nikki > Reviews

Hasbro Game of Life Adventures Edition
Hasbro Game of Life Adventures Edition
Offered by Oligopoly Charity

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 5 Dec. 2012
My 11yr old daughter and her friends really enjoy this game. Her 7yr old sister also enjoys the odd game. One friend has the original game of life so this gives a new twist and a bit of variety. For the initial play set up takes a bit of time,but this is a one off. It is best to start playing the game and pick up the rules as you go. Some reviews said that the rotating board did not work well. We have found if you play it on a table rather than carpet it is fine.

Cute and Easy Crochet
Cute and Easy Crochet
by Nicki Trench

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Cute and Easy Crochet (Paperback)
I am a complete beginner to crocheting, and was inspired to try from looking at some of the items in this book. I have managed to make the hook case and the round cushion, which are not bad for a first attempt. However I am struggling to make sense of the patterns, even the ones that are supposed to be for a beginner. I have had to resort to Utube, and I am hoping this will help me to interpret the crochet lingo eventually!

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Leap School Reading (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Leap School Reading (for LeapPad and Leapster)
Offered by BestBeautyWarehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone down well., 5 Dec. 2012
I have not had a proper look at it myself yet, but my 7yr old daughter who struggles with literacy has been having great fun with it on her own. It's her favourite game for her leap pad at the moment.

Mr Birdsnest and the House Next Door (Little Gems)
Mr Birdsnest and the House Next Door (Little Gems)
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a hit!, 5 Dec. 2012
I bought this book for my just turned 7yr old who has Dyslexia. She loves it and is reading it on her own. I particularly like the additional jokes in the inside cover. The layout is not too busy, but it still looks like a proper chapter book.

Teaching Literacy to Learners with Dyslexia: A Multi-sensory Approach
Teaching Literacy to Learners with Dyslexia: A Multi-sensory Approach
by Kathleen S. Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars informative and well laid out, 16 Dec. 2011
I am still working my way through the book, but part one has been very impressive. It is easy to read and gives practical insights into the difficulties associated with dyslexia.