Profile for heather s > Reviews

Content by heather s

heather s "heather s" (Derbys UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist
Price: 5.39

3.0 out of 5 stars After a wonderful tale and some engaging writing, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Kindle Edition)
After a wonderful tale and some engaging writing, the end of this novel was, for me, completely unsatisfactory - a real let-down.
Maybe I missed the point but there is no explanation of who the Miniaturist is or how she knew what was going to happen in Nella's life. If this was to set the scene for a sequel, it didn't work for me. I wouldn't risk buying anything else by this writer.

Women Girls Hair Flower Ponytail Holder Pin Brooch - Claret
Women Girls Hair Flower Ponytail Holder Pin Brooch - Claret
Offered by STK e-Shop
Price: 1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 5 Aug 2014
This is a very nice corsage with hair or brooch fixing. It's a beautiful colour and just what I wanted.

Packaging wasn't ideal - it could have done with a slightly larger box.

Sharpie Twin Tip Marker - Black
Sharpie Twin Tip Marker - Black
Offered by AbbeyShake
Price: 1.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality indeed, 28 July 2014
Very poor quality indeed. The thin end of this pen has dried up before I've even used it. I'd never buy this brand again.

WEDDING FLOWER CORSAGE pink roses orchid, lavender & fern by abigailrose-florists
Offered by AbigailRose-florists
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Fixing not supplied, 15 July 2014
This is a beautiful corsage but I have given it only one star because it is not supplied with any means of attaching it to hair or garment.so it's completely useless. When I contacted the seller to ask about this I received a very courteous reply to the effect that if I wanted to wear the item I would need corsage pins - not supplied - or a bracelet which they could make me for 8.99.

ANITA'S MESSAGE TAGS - HAPPY CHRISTMAS (32PCS) RED & GREEN
ANITA'S MESSAGE TAGS - HAPPY CHRISTMAS (32PCS) RED & GREEN
Offered by Choose4less
Price: 1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 13 July 2014
These message tags are very fragile and fixed down with such strong adhesive that it's impossible to remove them from the backing sheet without bending them. I'm disappointed especially as I've previously been pleased with Anita products.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very thin fabric, 9 Jun 2014
This is a cheap skirt. I should have known better. It arrived looking like a dishcloth. I have returned it.

The Story: Love, Loss & The Lives of Women: 100 Great Short Stories
The Story: Love, Loss & The Lives of Women: 100 Great Short Stories
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 7 Jun 2014
This is a great collection of short stories from widely differing writers. It's great value for money, especially the Kindle edition. Our Short Story Discussion Group will make good use of these gems.

Brazzaville Beach
Brazzaville Beach
by William Boyd
Price: 6.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Gender problems, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brazzaville Beach (Paperback)
I'm sure this novel ticks many literary boxes but, as with other William Boyd novels, the female narrative voice is unconvincing. Hope is female in name only. That chimp behaviours echoes human nature isn't really surprising so the plot held few surprises.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 25 May 2014
The downside of online clothes shopping is not being able to feel the fabric. For the price, this dress is reasonable value but the fabric is thin, would crease very easily and doesn't hang well. Okay for a beach holiday where none if that matters?

Ladies Polyester Waist Slip White WX - 32" Long
Ladies Polyester Waist Slip White WX - 32" Long
Offered by Undercover Hosiery & Lingerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky find, 25 May 2014
Finding a long waist slip in a shop is impossible so I was glad to find this available on Amazon. I need it to wear under a maxi summer dress at a summer wedding so I haven't worn it yet. But it fits well and is just the length I need.

The delivery was very good and the price amazing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6