Profile for Miss R. Frail > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
ATCHOO: The Complete Guide to Good Manners: Good Manners for Complete Animals
ATCHOO: The Complete Guide to Good Manners: Good Manners for Complete Animals
by Mij Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete guide to manners .... a fantastic family story, 23 Nov 2014
I purchased this book having read another Mij Kelly story, which is still one of my son's favourite book William And The Night-Train

The Complete Guide to Good Manners is a wonderful rhyming store of Suzy Sue and the frightful day she went atchoo! Her friends discover she has no manners and teach her 'the rules' to save her from a life of bad behaviour which are;

1 - Don't be disgusting
2 - Don't eat like a pig
3 - Do not fight
The golden rule - Always do what you'd like others to do to you

It is a fantastically illustrated story which teaches your little one to be kind to others and have good manners whilst having fun! Even daddy learnt he needs to set a better example! :)

I would highly recommend this book and it is a book your whole family can enjoy! I hope this review was helpful!

William's Winter Wish
William's Winter Wish
by Gillian Shields

5.0 out of 5 stars William's winter wish ... a fantastic magical story, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: William's Winter Wish (Paperback)
I discovered this story after searching for books with William in the title as my son loves to hear his name incorporated within stories. I am delighted we discovered this magical tale of a little mouse called William who loves his grandpa dearly and especially loves Grandpa's snow globe.

This magical story follows William's wish for snow. Having listened to his Grandpa's story of how it snowed every winter when he was a little mouse, they makes a extra special wish by shaking Grandpa's snow globe which sparkled like magic. When it does not snow that day, nor the day after, William has a dreadful accident whilst reaching for the globe to wish harder! There is of-course a very happy ending and William's winter wish comes true!

I found this book so heart warming! William is a thoughtful and very considerate little mouse and it is a wonderful story to share with your family. The soft illustration is beautiful and I am not ashamed to admit I was a little emotional after reading this captivating story for the first time, as was my mum!

It is a fantastic seasonal story to enjoy all year round and is certainly one of my favourites!

I hope this review was helpful

That's Not My Santa...
That's Not My Santa...
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastically festive addition to the Usborne touchy-feely range! That's not MY Santa, 23 Nov 2014
My son and I are huge fans of Usborne touchy-feely books, we have read them together since he was a few months old. He is now 11 months and thoroughly enjoys each book! Each board book is perfect for babies and toddlers to handle without you having to worry about torn pages. They withstand drooling, biting and very rough handling and offer a fantastic interactive story. The illustrations are bright and vibrant

Each page begins with "That's not my Santa" and reads;

His hat is too soft
His sleigh is too sparkly
His sack is too rough
His gloves are too fuzzy
His boots are too sqashy
The final page reads " THAT's my Santa! His beard is so fluffy.

Each page has a corresponding texture for your child to discover.

My son loves to point out the textured section on each page and eagerly awaits my praise and claps his hands. I treasure our reading time together each day and have in excess of 10 Usborne touchy-feely books and still enjoy each one! This story is fantastic to introduce your little one to the magic of Christmas and to Santa himself! :)

That's Not My Monkey
That's Not My Monkey
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic touchy feely book! That's not MY monkey, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: That's Not My Monkey (Board book)

Each page begins with "That's not my monkey" and reads;

It's ears are too soft
It's tail is too velvety
It's feet are too smooth
It's eyebrows are too hairy
It's tongue is too fuzzy
The final page reads " THAT's my monkey! It's tummy is so fluffy.

That's Not My Duck...
That's Not My Duck...
by Fiona Watts
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic touchy-feely book! That's not MY duck!, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: That's Not My Duck... (Board book)
My son and I are huge fans of Usborne touchy-feely books, we have read them together since he was a few months old. He is now 11 months and thoroughly enjoys each book! Each board book is perfect for babies and toddlers to handle without you having to worry about torn pages. They withstand drooling, biting and very rough handling and offer a fantastic interactive story with vibrant and colourful illustration.

Each page begins with "That's not my duck" and reads;

It's beak is too shiny
It's wings are too soft
It's feet are too bumpy
It's tummy is too fuzzy
It's eggs are too smooth
The final page reads " THAT's my duck! Her ducklings are so fluffy.

Each page has a corresponding texture for your child to discover.

My son loves to point out the textured section and eagerly awaits my praise and claps his hands. I treasure our reading time together each day and have in excess of 10 Usborne touchy-feely books and still enjoy each one!

That's Not My Plane
That's Not My Plane

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic Usborne touchy-feely book, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: That's Not My Plane (Board book)
My son and I are huge fans of Usborne touchy-feely books, we have read them together since he was a few months old. He is now 11 months and thoroughly enjoys each book! Each board book is perfect for babies and toddlers to handle without you having to worry about torn pages. They withstand drooling, biting and very rough handling and offer a fantastic interactive story with vibrant and colourful illustrations.

Each page begins with "That's not my plane" and reads;

It's wings are too bumpy
It's engine is too loud
It's wheels are too squashy
It's tail is too glossy
It's propeller is too sparkly
The final page reads " THAT's my plane! It's windows are so shiny.

I hope this review was helpful.

Amber Teething Anklet Bracelet - baby child size 15-16 cm - 100% Genuine Raw Unpolished Baltic Amber - Top Quality on Amazon + Free Organza Gift Bag
Offered by iLikeAmber-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amber Teething Anklet Bracelet - It really does work!!, 14 Nov 2014
I like most parents was a little sceptical about the pain relieving powers of amber, A fellow mum recommended I try after seeing how much my little boy was suffering .... and how I was struggling watching him suffer and feeling utterly helpless. I tried every available product and always felt a little guilty for giving him so many pain killers, I hope I am not the only one who worries 'am I doing the right thing'.

I purchased a anklet from another well known provider of amber and noticed a difference within a day! My son's cheeks were considerably less red and he seemed so much happier in himself. It does not completely alleviate his suffering but helps considerably! One afternoon my son was screaming in pain, I then realised his anklet was missing and we had lost it whilst out. I ordered another immediately but he had a very uncomfortable night so I am 100% sure Amber works!

I ordered this bracelet after purchasing 2 from an alternative supplier and lost both as the clasp kept opening. I managed to spot the anklet numerous times before we eventually lost it. Since purchasing this anklet, it has never undone!! It has stayed in place and helped my little boy manage.

I would recommend you measure your little ones anklet and order slightly bigger, They do come off on occasions regardless of how tight they are, I find putting a sock on over the anklet will ensure it stays put!

I hope this review has been helpful and more importantly your little one feels better soon! If only we would suffer for them! :(

Amber Teething Anklet Bracelet - size from 13 to 19 cm - 100% Polished Genuine Baltic Amber - Soothes & Calms Naturally + Packed in Organza Gift Bag - Baby Child CGN.P15,5cm
Offered by iLikeAmber-UK

Amber Teething Anklet Bracelet - length 13 - 18 cm - 100% Genuine Baltic Amber Beads - Soothes & Calms Naturally + Packed in Organza Gift Bag - Baby Child 3LHCHR.P15.5 cm
Offered by iLikeAmber-UK

Amber Teething Anklet Bracelet - size 14.5cm - 100% Polished Genuine Baltic Amber - Top Quality on Amazon + Free Organza Gift Bag - Baby Child MLTb.P-BN14.5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19