Profile for Miss R. Frail > Reviews

Content by Miss R. Frail

Miss R. Frail (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Supersoft fleece Baby Blanket Pram Moses Basket Pitter Patter 75x75cm Blue Elephant Print
Offered by Designer Kids and Baby
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitter Patter Supersoft fleece Blanket, 31 July 2014
My son was bought this blanket (different design) when he was born, he is now 7 months and cant sleep without it. It has been named snugly as he will go down for a nap, snuggle is face into it and fall asleep. Brilliant, until you have to wash it meaning this was a much needed second blanket.

This blanket has been used daily, enduring my sons excessive drooling not to mention a few other nasties. It can be washed with his other clothes at 40 degrees and is always as good as new, I air dry it on a maiden. It has been washed atleast once if not twice a week and has not faded nor has the quality deteriorated.

The design is lovely, we always receive compliments. I highly recommend!

I hope this review was helpful.

Gencon All-In-1 Dog Headcollar & Lead In One - Coffee/Cream
Gencon All-In-1 Dog Headcollar & Lead In One - Coffee/Cream
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 19.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Gencon All-In-1 Dog Headcollar & Lead In One ..... It works! :), 31 July 2014
I have a very active English Springer spaniel who resembles a bullet leaving a gun when he has his lead on steps through the front door ... dragging me to the park whether I am ready or not. Since having a baby, I have found it very difficult to walk him with the pram. He refuses to walk to heal and desperately strains to get that inch closer to the park, meaning the pram goes one way and he another.

A fellow dog walker suggested Gencon All-In-1 Dog Headcollar & Lead In One and I would have tried anything! It arrive the next day and off out we went. It takes a few attempts to fit correctly, as your dog will no doubt be excited for their walk.You just need to ensure the metal rings which tighten when dog is pulling are around there neck and not nose.

I noticed a immediate improvement. Milo (my dog) was a little apprehensive at first and tried to wiggle out of it so I could maybe attach their normal collar and lead as a back up for their first few walks, just in case. He walked to heal all the way to the park next to the pram, only pulling once we were there and he wanted to get off the lead. Works for us!!

I have not given this 5 stars as he has managed to release his nose on a few occasions and it is super fiddly with a excited dog. Putting the lead back on once for dog is hot and drooling isn't a pleasurable experience ... something to bear in mind and maybe have a tissue/wipe to hand?

It certainly does reduce pulling dramatically meaning you can enjoy walking with your four legged friend! Hope this review was helpful.

Bright Starts Activity Balls
Bright Starts Activity Balls
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Starts Activity Balls, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Bright Starts Activity Balls (Toy)
My 6 month old son loves these activity balls and I have noticed they are definitely improving his hand eye coordination. There are 5 balls, all offer a different 'experience' which include;

A fish within a clear ball that rattles
A spiral maze with small internal balls
A lion face within a clear ball that moves when rolled
2 x different textures balls with 'covers' that can be twisted

My son can hold them comfortably and they have stood the test of time having been thrown/dropped/drooled over. I clean them using a dettol wipes.

They are a lovely interactive toy which help develop your child's hand eye coordination and are a brilliant incentive to crawl! :)

I hope this review was helpful.

Tommee Tippee Smiley Face Rattle
Tommee Tippee Smiley Face Rattle
Offered by Online Bargain Store
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Smiley face rattle/mirror, 3 July 2014
Although this toy advised it is suitable from birth, my son has only just started to pay it ant attention at 6 months. It is just under 7 inches long and is very bright, has 2 tubes of beads on the top and bottom of the face to create a rattle. The face has 2 eyes with a bead in each which also rattle along with a button nose which squeaks when pressed. The handles are a good size and are a little flexible which I find softens the blow if they hit themselves or you .. which happens a lot in our house. Finally, the mirror is a fantastic size. my son enjoys lying on his back with it held above him.

It is a fantastic inexpensive toy which is small enough to be transported easily in changing bag etc for entertainment on the move.

I hope this review was helpful!

TOMMEE TIPPEE EXPLORA SMILEY FACE MIRROR 0M+ BPA FREE
TOMMEE TIPPEE EXPLORA SMILEY FACE MIRROR 0M+ BPA FREE
Offered by Mama's Essentials
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Smiley face rattle/mirror, 3 July 2014

I hope this review was helpful!

Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether
Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether
Offered by Infinity Retail
Price: 6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether - A teething essential, 3 July 2014
My son started teething around 3 months and it has been trial and error with multiple teethers, the Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether has been a massive hit. It is very lightweight and easy for smaller babies to grasp. It has multiple textures, my son loves the rubber bands! He munches away happily without me having to assist like most other teethers. There are 3 rings that can be rotated around the toy so it doubles as a rattle/toy which is great for when you are out and about. The teether can be manipulated into different shapes, so as you baby gets older, they are challenged by the puzzle element .. fantastic for developing their hand eye coordination.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
Price: 66.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep, 29 Jun 2014
As a first time mum, I was a little overwhelmed with the bottle making process after my health visitor made feel about 2 inches tall when I advised I was filling bottles and storing them in the fridge. I was introduced to the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine and I can honestly say after using it for 6 months, I could not live without it!! There are many technical reviews so I will review based on everyday use.

The machine can make a bottle from 4 ounces up to 11 ounces. PLEASE NOTE the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep dispenses the specified ounces of water. Therefore, the finished bottle can actually be up to a ounce more with the combination of formula and water.

To make a bottle, simply put the formula into the bottle and place on the machine bottle stand (which is adjustable) and press the on button. This will dispense a boiling hot shot of water into the bottle designed to kill any bacteria within the formula and beep once complete, giving you approximately 60 seconds to swirl/mix the formula and water together. You then return the bottle to the bottle stand and press the on button (which is illuminated red) again and it will fill the bottle to the specified Oz with cool filtered water. Once complete, it will beep again confirming the bottle is ready and the button turns green.

The milk temperature of a made bottle is room temperature. My son has never refused a bottle from the machine as he has always only drank room temperature bottles. I believe if you are making the transition from heated bottles to bottles made from the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep, you may need to heat them at first until your little one adjusts.

The machine has 5 warning lights on the front of the machine;

Change Filter
Water Tank Hot
Water Level Low
De-Calc/De-Scale
Cleaning Mode

Note - If water tank too hot light comes on, place a few ice cubes in the tank

There are 3 action buttons on the side of the machine;

Cleaning Mode
Filter Volume Reset
De-Calc/De-Scale

The machine is very user friendly and tells you when it needs the filter changing/de scaling. The user manual is very easy to follow and has a picture for each step by step instruction so you are not stood their scratching your head. A filter change and clean takes around 10 minutes. In 6 months, we have changed the filter twice and have not yet had to de-scale the machine. Once you have used the first filter, they are purchased separately - Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep Replacement Filter

Pros of the machine ...there as too many to mention, here are a few

Takes the stress out of making bottles. All you need is a sterilised bottle and your formula
Quick, a bottle can be prepared and in a hungry mouth in under 2 minutes
Easy to use, all my family can prepare a bottle without me having to stand over them guiding them through
Filtered water ... speaks for itself really
Bottle made to the correct temperature

Cons of the machine (sorry I can't think of many)

The beep is quite loud (not deafening but noticeable and could wake a baby if held next to the machine)
You have to stay with the machine whilst making the bottle (The 60 seconds mix time has lapsed a few times as I have been trying to do 4 things at once)
Once the hot shot has been dispensed, a little hot water does drip after the beep, wait a few seconds before removing the bottle to mix.

The machine is quite small and compact and looks stylish I feel. It measures 11 inch/28cm wide, 11 inch/28cm high and 4.5 inch/11.5 cm thick.

I honestly do not know how I would have lived without this machine over the past 6 months, it is a revolutionary product which has made me life so much easier. I am fortunate as night needs are a thing of the past, but it was a god send when my son would wake for the dreaded 3am feed. Yes you are coming downstairs but I would make the feed as he started to 'mooch' and would be back upstairs before he would start to cry.

Yes it isn't cheap but in my opinion it is worth every penny. It is a complete game changer and I honestly feel it will take the stress out of making bottles, as it has done for me! I hope this review has helped! :)

Tiny Love Super Mat
Tiny Love Super Mat
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tiny Love Super Mat (Baby Product)
My son is now 6 months and commando rolling, so the small mat we have is now redundant. I am so pleased with the Tiny Love Super Mat.

It measures 150cm/59" x 100cm/39" and has 12 colourful squares, some of which offering a interactive experience which include;

A small ring for attaching a extra toy
A crinkly pocket
A Teether
Elephant ear peek-a-boo
A Horn/squeaker
Multi Textures
A soft 'pull me' spiral
A mirror for tummy time (for older babies who can hold their head up)

The mat comes with a large clear bag with handles for easy transit/storage when not in use, the mat fold very easily too. The mat can be wiped clean with a damp cloth or washed at 30 degrees and air dried.

My son is now at 6 months is now interested in the different patterns and shuffles around to explore. This mat is ideal as he can roll 2/3 times and not roll off. It is also ideal for when his friends come to play, the mat comfortably allows two 6 month old babies to 'play' without them being too confined. I intend to purchase another to have at my mums as my son loves it. The mirror is a great feature as it 'stands up' as opposed to being flat on the floor. I have taken some amazing photographs of my son smiling at me via the mirror! :)

Highly recommend.

OXO Good Grips - Baby Food Freezer Tray
OXO Good Grips - Baby Food Freezer Tray
Offered by Mobility Smart
Price: 9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for making baby purée, 30 April 2014
I love these trays so much I now have 4 so I can spend a hour or two cooking and make a large batch of baby purée!

They are strong, well made and easy to empty. The lid is thick and protects the contents well during freezing so you don't have to worry about cross contamination. The tray is quite flexible so once contents are frozen, the tray can be bent to remove any stubborn cubes. I put a batch of cubes into a sealed sandwich bag which can be labelled with the contents and date made, this takes much less room than tubs. They are so easy to wash and a dishwasher safe.

A tip for filling them, spoon in the made purée into the tray and then use a spatula to fill the cubes by moving it along the tray. So quick and easy and saves time spooning purée into each individual cube.

Making home made purée is so beneficial to your little one, these trays make it so much easier and I recommend them to everyone!

OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray