Profile for Miss R. Frail > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bright Starts Hide and Spin Monkey
Bright Starts Hide and Spin Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Starts Hide and Spin Monkey, 21 Feb. 2015
My 14 month old son has played with this toy consistently for nearly 3 months so I can confidently give it 5 days and has withstood a lot of rough handling.

The on/off switch is located at the back of the monkeys neck. There are 3 modes which include off, on with low volume and on with high volume. When switched on you are greeted with music, monkey noises and the monkey asks 'lets have a ball and play'. There are 3 function buttons on the monkeys hat, Yellow coloured with a square in the centre, blue with a triangle and red with a circle. When one is pressed, the monkey names either the colour or shape and plays a little tune which last for around 10 seconds and all the buttons light up and flash.

The monkey comes with 6 balls. Each time a ball is dropped into the monkey's hat, it counts and plays a little tune whilst the lights flash. To release the balls, press the monkey's nose. His head will lower into the barrel, the circular base will spin and the balls will drop. There are 4 exit points, each covered by a leaf which acts as a gate. The leaves can either be closed so all ball spin or open which scatters the balls across the floor. If 3 balls are dropped into Monkey's hat in quick succession, this will automatically trigger the monkey to release the balls.

The monkey will prompt your little one with phrases to engage play when not in use, such as 'drop a ball into the monkey's hat' or 'lets play'. The monkey will 'shut down' of not played with for few minutes but will work as soon as a button is pressed/ball dropped into his hat.

The toy is approximately 24" wide when assembled with the 'ball ramps' attached but they do remove for more compact storage meaning the base is approximately 14" wide. The toy is approximately 18" tall.

Assembly is very straight forward and only took a few minutes. You may want to assemble prior to giving as a gift if your child is a excitable as mine, he wasn't too happy having to wait whilst we put it together. It comes with 4 x AA batteries needed to operate the toy.

My only gripe is there is a hold in the barrel which seems to have no purpose? My son often becomes impatient for the balls to drop and reaches through this hole to retrieve the balls. He was a little confused at first and posted balls through this hole but it still helped with his hand eye coordination.

My son loved this from the day he received it. He was standing assisted at the time and we noticed this really helped him strengthen his legs and improve his stability as he would stand unassisted to drop the balls in and bend down to pick them up. It's a fantastic interactive toy which will really engage your little one and offer hours of fun.

Set of Wooden Pirate Bookends
Set of Wooden Pirate Bookends
Offered by Big Bears Toy Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Pirate Bookends, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Set of Wooden Pirate Bookends
I am so pleased with these Wooden Pirate Bookend. The are 16cm high, 13cms wide and 10 cms deep. The paint quality is fantastic and they look considerably more expensive than they are. Each pirate has movable arms as they are attached with rope, the can be moved which I think is a lovely feature.

They do hold weighted books well and the rubber pads mean your shelves will be scratch free.

Highly recommend! I hope this review was helpful.

Gund Take Along Elmo
Gund Take Along Elmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Take along Elmo ... the perfect girt for a Elmo fan., 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gund Take Along Elmo (Toy)
Take along Elmo is perfect for any Elmo fan. At just over 30cm, he is the perfect size for babies/toddles. His fur is very soft and cuddly, my son adores him and loves to snuggle up to him when he is sleepy. There are beads located in each hand and foot as well as in his bottom, which my son loves to chew. It is very durable and very well made.

Elmo is branded with a official sesame street label and can be hand washed in cool water. I am so pleased with Take Along Elmo, highly recommend.

I hope this review was helpful.

QCY QY7 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Sport Earphone Headphone Studio Music Headset with Mic (Black + Green)
Offered by Unipro Tek

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic QY7 Sports Earphones .. Bye Bye annoying cable, 15 Jan. 2015
I feel these earphones will revolutionise my work outs as I wont have the annoying cable to try and tuck in, or worry I am stretching it to avoid the bud from falling out my ears.

The boast the latest chip technology, whilst I am not knowledgeable on such things, the sound quality cannot be argued with. The sound is very crisp with excellent base and earbuds appear to be noise cancelling. When used in a noisy environment, the background noise is not noticeable. Perfect to zone out and concentrate on your workout. I find the volume to be excellent. I do like my music loud when working out and these earphones do not disappoint. The volume does exceed the volume of your iPhone, but can be adjusted to a comfortable level which suits you.

The are many functions which was very surprising and super easy to use by using the 'QCY' button on the right earphone;

Power on - Hold the QCY button for 3 seconds
Play/Pause - Press the QCY button
Volume - Easy to reach controls located at the front of the right earpiece
Song Navigation - You can skip songs by either pressing either volume button and holding for 1 second

Other features include answer/end calls,call transfer and 'summoning' Siri for iPhones.

To pair you iPhone to the devise;

Turn on the earphones
Settings/bluetooth/turn on - The QY7 devise should appear in your devises ... select to pair.

In addition to the QY7 sports earphones, you receive;
6 x Ear Buds
6 x Ear Hooks
USB charger
Cable clip to secure loose cable when in use.

To summarise, these earphones are a fantastic, inexpensive piece of equipment which have certainly impressed me. You get 6-8 hours play time for 1 charge, perfect for a weeks use. The earphones are very comfortable and have yet to fall out whilst doing cardio. The cable is very soft and flexible and does not irritate when in use. Very impressed, 5 stars!

I hope this review was helpful!

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

In addition to the QY7 sports earphones, you receive;
6 x Ear Buds
6 x Ear Hooks
USB charger
Cable clip to secure loose cable when in use.

I hope this review was helpful!

I wish to advise I received these earphones to test and provide an impartial honest review.

ProSource Premium 15mm Extra Thick 180mm Long High Density Exercise Yoga Mat with Comfort Foam and Carrying Case (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra thick Yoga mat ... ideal for beginners/recovering from injury, 13 Jan. 2015
I suffer with a hip condition from pregnancy and have found completing stretches/yoga on the thin mats super uncomfortable. This mat as advertised is 1.5" thick and provides impact absorption, offering a much more comfortable workout.

The mat is very thick when rolled, approx 25" (when it first arrived and rolled tightly), so you cannot store in small spaces when not in use. It is approx 24" wide and 72" long when rolled out. The carry handle is a long piece of elastic with a loop either end, very easy to put on and secure enough for you to carry to and from classes etc. The mat is ribbed designed to offer extra grip when in use. It is non slip and has yet to move when I have used it.

Due to the foam material, I would imagine it would be no good for hot yoga/higher intensity work outs, as you would slip. It is moisture resistant and is ribbed ... but when sweating you do slip a little. I clean it after use, very easy to wipe down.

As a newbie to yoga, this mat is perfect to support me whilst I strengthen and recover. It comes in a variety of colours and for the price ... is a good mat! Using it means I can exercise and feel relatively comfortable, perfect if you suffer from a injury/condition and need a little extra support! :) I do expect I will be purchasing a thinner yoga mat as I progress, I believe I would struggle to complete more difficult moves on this mat, due to it's thickness affecting balance. This being said, it ticks all the boxes for me for my needs now and I am very happy!

Vtech Toot-Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack Everyday Vehicles Pink
Vtech Toot-Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack Everyday Vehicles Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles, 3-Car Pack, 27 Dec. 2014
The pack includes the car, truck and van, each with their own fun phrases and sound effects. As from all Toot Toot vehicles, they are well made, robust and withstand a lot of rough handling. The light up windscreen is the 'function' button and when pressed activates the each car.They each play 3 sung songs as well as fun sound effects. It is recognised by any of the Toot Toot products thanks to the very clever smartpoint technology. The cars will automatically power down after approximately 60 second if not used. They will fire back to life when played with again.

Tip - Pushing the car will play a song. If it's pushed again, it will play sounds over the melody.

These are a fantastic addition to our VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Garage (Pink), they will certainly compliment any of the Toot Toot play sets.

I have noticed a improvement to my child's motor skills in the short amount of time since they been playing with these. I would highly recommend! I hope this review was helpful!

VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack -Pink.
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack -Pink.

VTech Toot Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack Everyday Vehicles Pink
VTech Toot Toot Drivers 3 Car Pack Everyday Vehicles Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles 3-Car Pack (Pink), 27 Dec. 2014

VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles 3-Car Pack (Pink)
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles 3-Car Pack (Pink)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20