Profile for yankpino > Reviews

NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
Offered by RayGar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap footstool, 13 Mar 2014
This footstool is larger than it looks in the photo. It has many adjustment settings, so will accommodate most players. It requires no assembly and is easy to set up.

Clarks  Marden Heath Lace-Ups Mens - Tan Leather (8 UK)
Clarks Marden Heath Lace-Ups Mens - Tan Leather (8 UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good shoe for the ££, 13 Mar 2014
These shoes run large, so consider that when you order. I was tripping over the toes for the first day. However, they are comfortable and the quality is good... soft leather and sturdy laces. The uppers are very shiny, but I know that won't last.

Hohner Big River - Key of G
Hohner Big River - Key of G

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice... until reeds broke!, 13 Mar 2014
I put this on my Wish List late last year. I wanted a harp in the key of G, and the Big River was priced at £12 back then. That is the kind of money people will spend on your gift. My Aunt bought the harp for my Xmas, and I was very pleased. I loved the tone and the playing feel. I played a lot of folk music on it... then began blowing blues and bending notes. Now, the draw reeds on holes 2 and 4 are busted, and I have only had the harp for 3 months. Spend a little more and get something that will hold up.

Kipling Women's Eldorado Shoulder Bag K13732A13 Black Snake
Kipling Women's Eldorado Shoulder Bag K13732A13 Black Snake

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 Mar 2014
Great bag at a great price. It was a gift she loved ans began using right away. Looks nice and is functional.

Duronic BPM400 Intelligent Fully Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Duronic BPM400 Intelligent Fully Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Offered by DURONIC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that accurate, 8 Mar 2014
This monitor is very affordable, and easy to use. However, the readings I got were 40 to 50 points higher on the systolic and 20 t0 30 points higher on the diastolic than readings done at my GP's and at our local hospital. I ended up returning this meter, and the seller was great about that: full refund and free return postage. I don't know how much you would have to pay to get an accurate meter.

TGI Supreme Conductor's Music Stand
TGI Supreme Conductor's Music Stand
Offered by RST Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 3 Dec 2013
I bought this stand from Johnny Roadhouse/Hobgoblin in Manchester. I have only had it for a few days. It makes an excellent first impression. It is very sturdy and easy to assemble. The shelf is large enough for big books and scores. You get a zipper gig bag, which holds the stand plus a few bits and pieces; like a tuner, music, bottle of water, etc.

I took the stand to a rehearsal last night, and it was great. I teach music from home, and needed to replace a folding stand that was always tipping over or collapsing, and causing me and my students a lot of embarrassment. So glad to have this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2014 12:16 AM GMT

Evisu 'Ebi-Grand' Gents Stainless Steel Leather Strap Watch
Evisu 'Ebi-Grand' Gents Stainless Steel Leather Strap Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Striking Watch, 16 Aug 2013
This watch was a gift, and I have had it for over three years. It is large, stunning, and easy to wear. I don't mind the bracelet, but it is complicated; and I can forget how it fastens given enough time between wearings. Please take it to a reputable jewelers for battery changes. I took it to a discount chain and the clerk there stripped two of the screws while trying to open the back. I don't mind the branding on the side, although I know what the previous reviewer means about it. I have had so many compliments on this watch.

Schaller Passive Piezo Pickup for acoustic instruments 'Oyster' Model 723 (10/84)
Offered by SchneiderMusic

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Versatile, Loud, Easy to Use..., 12 May 2013
I wanted something to mic a fiddle and button accordion, and put this Schaller pickup on my wish list near my birthday last year. Someone bought it for me, although she had no idea what it actually was (non musician). I have since used it on ukes, a dobro, and an autoharp. And I have put it back on my wish list in case someone wants to buy me a second one.

The Blue Tack that is included for attaching the Oyster is good and leaves no residue on instruments. It holds well and has its own container for storage. I think the frequency response of this pickup is very good for the money, and the cable is long enough to be of use; unlike some clip-on mics I have bought. You really cannot beat it for value, ease of use, quality, and versatility.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 10:13 AM BST

10 Easy Lessons:Teach Yourself Bass (Book and CD)
10 Easy Lessons:Teach Yourself Bass (Book and CD)
by Gary Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner Bass Book!, 12 May 2013
I teach guitar and bass for a living, and I have seen my share of bad bass books. Some are too dumbed-down for words; and others progress too fast and put new players right off. This one is a good compromise between easy and more challenging. One of my former bass students brought it to me at his first lesson, and I said "perfect." A few years later, he was best man at my wedding and I've been using this book with beginner bass players since.

Gary Turner really knows what players need to know and he presents concepts in a flow-chart style: first you do THIS and then you do THIS. It works well and is organized for anyone, whether you have played other instruments or not. My only complaint about the book is that it feels kind of short. But it is only supposed to be ten easy lessons.

Jim Dunlop Long Dawg Tone Bar
Jim Dunlop Long Dawg Tone Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the Long Dawg, it's the Lap Dawg!, 12 May 2013
You will not get a Long Dawg tonebar if you buy this item from this seller. You will get a Dunlop Lap Dawg tonebar, which is the Dunlop 926 model. The Long Dawg is 3.1 inches long and is the 927 model. So this seller should really update the listing and make the correction.

Now, about this tonebar that arrived (the 926). I'm a beginner dobro player and this is my first tonebar. I don't have much to compare it to. It is easy to use and creates a nice sound. Hammer ons and pull offs are great and the size if fine. It covers all six strings and there are a few millimeters left on the bass and treble sides. Tonebars are pretty expensive for what they are; and I probably won't be buying a second one soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4