Profile for Charley T. > Reviews

Content by Charley T.

Charley T.

The Good Behaviour Book: How to Have a Better-Behaved Child from Birth to Age Ten
by William Sears

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed......., 23 Feb 2008
I was very disappointed with this book. It's difficult to read, it is not a book you can dip in and out of if you need help with a particular area. There are too many sub sections and it is very difficult to follow (keeps referring back to previous chapters which you then have to re-read to refresh your memory!)
Although I agree with certain methods in attachment parenting (some I don't and that doesn't mean I don't love and understand my child for all you Sears fans out there), I found the book condesending. Parents know how deeply we love our children and that how we discipline them is hugely important, but do we really need the guilt trip?
All in all, sounds great but is it really practical? When you have a screaming toddler under your arm as you carry him out of the supermarket, I think not! Try Christopher Green instead, much better read and offers sound and practical advice.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2010 11:53 AM BST