Profile for World's worst juggler > Reviews

Content by World's worst ...

World's worst juggler

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful much needed truth, 31 Aug 2014
A wonderful book with a very important message. I read this in 24 hours flat and recognised the truth within it. I can imagine that there will be people who aren't yet ready for this message but I am both hopeful and optimistic that they will achieve a state where they can feel the truth within the pages and allow it to guide their lives in a positive and fulfilling direction.

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant, ahead of it's time and deeply satisfying to read, 5 Aug 2014
I discovered Alan Watts a few days ago via a post by a page I follow on Facebook. Since then I have been devouring his lectures on YouTube and have felt compelled to buy several of his books. His analysis of consciousness and quantum physics is so insightful and beautifully written that I am still in shock that he died the year before I was born. Amazing words, a great mind, and so far ahead of his time in his thinking I don't hesitate to say that I think he may be one of the greatest thinkers of the 20th century. If you have an interest in the metaphysical you will love this work.

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful book that holds a very simple and profound truth., 11 May 2014
In essence this book simply reawakens the knowledge that you already hold. It does so in a very beautifully and deeply felt way. If you are reading this review and considering buying the book the universe has called it to you as you are resonating with that which you will find inside. Take the leap and read it!

Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book, 22 Jan 2014
I bought this book after reading the Law of Attraction, which I was drawn towards after deciding that I wanted to rediscover my happy place and positivity. Both books are amazingly inspiring and have produced a massive energy shift in me which was tangible when I started reading them - the hairs on the back of my neck and my arms stood up on end as I read. The truths contained within feel totally right, it's as if being reminded of things which I always knew in my heart but had been unable to put into words and had managed to somehow become distracted from. What I love right now is the fact that I feel more purposeful and inspired than I have done in quite some time and that feeling is flowing forwards and taking me with it. I had previously (about 3 years ago) read 'The Secret' which kind of feels like a brief overview of the wisdom contained in these books but I have to say that at the time I put into action the new thought processes and visualisation that it outlined and my life did a dramatic 180 degree turn for the better. I had lost my way a little bit recently which is what led to me purchasing Esther and Jerry's books and I feel very much back on track having read them. I shall continue to dip into them whenever I feel as though I want some inspiration as the affirmations are so on point that you feel intensely positive upon each reading and I am already noticing how my ideas are flowing and like minded people and events are being drawn towards me as a result. Life suddenly feels really exciting again!

Panasonic TX-L32E5B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking TV into another dimension, 26 Nov 2012
Having decided to pass the TV i had been using, which was a cheap and cheerful HD thing with a 24 inch screen and no bells or whistles whatsoever, on to my son, I decided to treat myself to a brand new full HD smart TV. The reviews of the Viera have all been glowing so it was the one I picked, despite my boyfriend making lots of helpful suggestions in other directions. I don't regret my choice at all, in fact i'd go so far as to say that the picture exceeds the expectations that I had before buying it, the sound quality is also amazing, it's easy to set up despite a slightly cackhanded 'don't bother reading the instructions' approach by me, and overall I'm overjoyed with my purchase.

This TV, and all it's features, are high quality and intuitive to use. My boyfriend has a Sony Bravia, which, by comparison, is a nightmare in terms of working out how to access the different functions and set up the various different internet apps (8 months later and he's still not fully worked it out, and as a web designer and all round tech geek, that says something...). If I had to buy another television for any reason, I would not hesitate to make a repeat purchase of the panasonic, and it deserves the industry awards it has received for picture quality etc. A great product for the money.

Nameless
Nameless

5.0 out of 5 stars Not usually into this kind of fiction but..., 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
Having read a few other reviews for this book i decided to give it a go as i was searching for some stuff to take on holiday for me. I don't regret my decision at all - like others have said, I found it hard to put down and raced through to the end. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to any avid reader.

Jane Eyre Laid Bare
Jane Eyre Laid Bare

5.0 out of 5 stars A properly funny bodice-ripper, 22 Sep 2012
Having recently read the frankly poorly written 50 Shades trilogy and come away bemoaning how formulaic erotic fiction can be, I was intrigued to discover that this re-working of a classic with added naughty bits had been released. I'm glad I bought it, it's a well constructed re-write of the original using most of Bronte's work with added and well blended pieces by the author, which succeed in being not only extremely naughty but also hilariously funny. I laughed my way through, and loved the twist at the end (no, I'm not going to give it away). I have to say that reading this has inspired me to want to read Jane Eyre which is one of the classics which i actually missed out on devouring when I was younger (an oversight on my part as classic literature has always been of interest to me). I recommend that anyone who likes humour in their writing as well as a sense of the risque should buy this, they won't be disappointed.

My Life On a Plate
My Life On a Plate
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost wet myself laughing..., 28 Dec 2006
This review is from: My Life On a Plate (Paperback)
I have long thought that India Knight's weekly column in the Sunday Times is one of the best things about my weekend papers, and I really enjoyed 'Don't you want me?' when i read it a couple of years ago. I bought My Life on a Plate with a sense of anticipation, and it definitely didn't disappoint. I finished reading it this morning, having been unable to put it down as it is the funniest book I have read in ages, and it had me in hysterics on just about every other page. India has a sharp wit and a great way with words, and her heroines are relatable and sympathetic. Any mother can identify with the emotions of the lead character Clara, and the dialogue of her two sons strikes a chord they both sound remarkably similiar to my son and his bottom humour. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys sarcastic, quick and self deprecating humour, especially if you have kids and spend your whole time wondering how you can manage to do everything required of you on a daily basis. There are many writers out there writing chick lit by numbers but this book is head and shoulders above all of the predictable trash that swamps the supermarket shelves, as it is truly, pant-wettingly funny, as well as poignant.