Profile for Scorpio > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Offered by Newquay Camping and Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Posadas Double Camp Bed, 5 Jun 2014
Outwell Posadas Foldaway Double Camp Bed.

Brill, but Big really really BIG!!!! This needs a big tent with lots of room! And I mean a lot of room, this is not for "camping" it's for "Glamping"!! I have a Coleman Cabin 6 tent and it takes up both bedroom pods which is fine for us, as there are only 2 of us and there is still room for the 3rd pod which would give us the extra bedroom pod if we needed it, but if you needed all your bedroom pods in your tent, then that would be an issue! It is quite heavy and really well built (as you would expect from Outwell), and putting it up and down is fairly rudimentary and easy, it has it's own carry bag which protects it and keeps it fairly compact, despite the weight, it is quite heavy!

Why 5 Stars? Well the sheer and utter blissful comfort! It is comfy really comfy we used our "thermarest mattress" on top for added comfort and to circumvent the bar down the middle which is required for strength but annoying when you wish to cuddle up!! But once the mattress was on it was like being in a firm double bed! No back ache! Bliss, no scrabbling around the floor, trying to get in and out, room underneath to store! Bonus!! We slept like a log! Awesome!

For "glamping" if you have the room then go for it, why be uncomfortable when you don't have too, it's supposed to be a break and fun! So buy this and be comfortable as well, but check your tent size and inner pod size to ensure you have enough room. For an emergency put me up in the house also a bonus! But again a blow up mattress or thermarest will enhance the comfort.

It seems to be strong and sturdy, and is very well made, I will follow up later in the year once it has had a season of Camping, but expect little or no problems.

Meantime if you are looking for a big comfortable camp bed then this is the one to get! Hope this helps, and cannot emphasise enough!!! this is a big bed!!

Cheers!!

Cablesson Basics 3m (3 Meter) High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - (Latest 2.0/1.4a Version, 21Gbps) Gold HDMI to HDMI Cable with ETHERNET Compatibility, PS4, SKY HD,FULL HD, 1080P, 2160p, LCD, PLASMA & LED TVs, UHD, 3D TVS, Supports Dolby TrueHDs
Offered by HDCentral

3.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable, 9 May 2014
3 stars - because it's just a cable! It's probably worth 5, I don't know it's just a cable, it works, I plugged it in from my Bose Lifestyle to my Samsung TV picture quality - tops! Sound - well Bose quality - Brill

No interference, no sound issues, no picture issues, really not a lot more to say. It works BUT it's just a cable!!! And that's why 3 stars cannot give it more, it works exactly as expected.

Note - tried my friends very expensive HDMI Cable - no difference! He tried mine on his system (Sony TV - Bose Lifestyle) and guess what - no difference! Persae - it's a cable, it works and is a dammed sight cheaper than some of the similar cables that do the same job.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 11:18 PM BST

Cokin P154 Neutral Grey ND8X Square Filter
Cokin P154 Neutral Grey ND8X Square Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Comin P154ND Filter, 9 May 2014
I give a lot of 5 stars, mostly because I am rarely disappointed with what I buy from Amazon, I do a lot of research first and also understand you often get what you pay for, if it's Cheap it will invariably be of poor quality, medium price - Medium Quality and Expensive - well (other than paying for the name) often due to the cost of manufacturing or cost of materials.

This is a Medium priced product, I am a Amateur Travel Photographer (Wildlife, Macro and Landscape) this is for my Landscape, I use Cokin filter holders, and Cokin Filters, I have never had a problem or a complaint it does as it says and filters to 8stops, great for making the Ocean milky smooth or waterfalls silky! Yes there are better products if you have the money to spend but I am an amateur and this is more than adequate for my needs, and the quality of the photos, well I get enough compliments, get high points in my local camera club competitions very competitive! And judged the same as the professionals are judged. So the quality is good. Will I ever be photographer of the year - probably not! But this does what I need and is more than adequate for any amateur without costing the earth.

Advice - if you are an amateur like me or just setting out then you will not go far wrong with this product - if money is no object then there are heaps of very expensive filter systems out there for you to choose from and plenty of stores and professional photographer shops will to help relieve you of your money!

The Digital Photography Book, Volume 1
The Digital Photography Book, Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars The Digital Photography Book, 9 May 2014
Brill, I like Scott Kelby's work, and his book on basic photography on DLSR's is well informed easy to read and I have mine downloaded onto my iPad as a quick reference guide. Handy for those "senior moments" when out shooting!

He writes like he is standing next to you, OK his humour proves his chosen career as a photographer is the better choice, opposed to him being a comedian! But he gets the message across, makes the understanding your DLSR easy, good tips on settings for different scenarios, and as stated a great quick reference guide.

A good book for beginners and the more experienced amateur photographer, as you never stop learning.

If you are new to photography I would strongly recommend this book as must have reading. This and "Tom Ang's - Digital Photography Masterclass" are the only two books you will ever need - but like me you will or ably end up with 100's!

This book is a good start though!

Joby GorillaPod SLR-Zoom Tripod for SLR Cameras with Ballhead
Joby GorillaPod SLR-Zoom Tripod for SLR Cameras with Ballhead
Offered by Perks

5.0 out of 5 stars Joby Gorilla Pod, 9 May 2014
Great little pod, always in my Camera bag for those awkward moments, were you cannot take a tripod or monopod ( a lot of places are catching on to monopoles as well and banning them along with tripods) this fits in your bag or a deep pocket, and can help give stability when resting the camera for a longer shot!

Has a weight limit though so be careful with heavier lenses!

But a great handy product.

Polaroid 62mm Macro Close Up 4 Piece Filter Kit with Case
Polaroid 62mm Macro Close Up 4 Piece Filter Kit with Case
Offered by Smart Shop UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 9 May 2014
I have unusually given this only one star, as I have other Polaroid products, it did not work on my 400D at the time with a Sigma 18 - 250 OS lens. Contacted Sigma who were as flummoxed as I was, (I needed it as part of a very lightweight travel kit) but it refused to work on my Camera's or Lenses. I have read other reports where it does work so I would say, be prepared that it may not work on some lenses or Cameras, but that happens. For me, it did not work and I returned the product to Amazon - with no problems and forked out for a proper macro Lens - with no regrets!

StilGut, Couverture, case made of finest genuine leather for Apple iPad (3rd and 4th generation) with Smart-Cover function, in black (smooth leather)
Offered by StilGut

5.0 out of 5 stars StillGut Case, 9 May 2014
Great case for my iPad 3, had it a couple of years now, travelled/flew with it all over the world, crossed the desert and North Western Australia Coastline with it, travelled around Andalusian olive groves and mountain villages, has protected my iPad through heat and severe cold, rain and sun, great cloth with it for cleaning the iPad glass, still works and should it ever give up I would without doubt buy another Stillgut case. Tried other cases and they may be fine for a city briefcase, but for travelling and travel photography, but still wanting something that looks nice and compliments your iPad. Then this case does everything - bright side! If you have it for the city and everyday life it will last for years and look good, cause I put mine through hell and it still looks good, iPad still looks like new, totally unmarked.

Brill product and worth every penny.

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB WD Hard Drive, 9 May 2014
Use this as my back up for my MAC and my millions of Photographs. Works well silently in the background. Works well with "Time Machine" on MAC, handy as well, should there be an emergency "Fire, flood etc" and you have to get out fast, grab this and you have all your photo's emails, contacts, life etc.!! In a pocket size hardrive! Plug it into any computer and you get everything back' - no heartache!

Get it - reliable and a safe backup system

Camera waterproof Rain Cover for Canon EOS 100D 550D 600D 650D,700D 1100D,1200D,70D 60D,50D,40D,7D,6D,5D,SX50,SX500 SX510 SX520, Nikon P520,D7100,D7000,D5200,D5100,D5300,D3300,D3100,D3200,L830,FUJI FinePix S8600,S6800,HS50 HS30 SL1000 X-S1,OLYMPUS SP800,E30,E3,E5,Pentax K5,K30,K50,K500,Panasonic FZ72 FZ62 FZ200, Sony Alpha HX-300 HX-400 A58,A65,A77,A99 DSLR.
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof DLSR Raincover, 19 April 2014
5 stars - does what it says on the tin!! Simple to use and work out - even without the great instructions from an earlier review! But that reviewer is spot on!

It is robust enough for amateur and professional use, and that sudden downpour - you know the one - you wait hours for the shot - just as it's about to arrive - yup! The black wet cloud appears - with this it will protect enough to allow you to keep shooting - I use it with my Canon 70D - great for setting up your camera outside and sitting indoors on Wifi with your IPad - no intrusion - camera protected - winner all round.

Easy to use - even on a Tripod. Two bits on side allows you to stick your hands in to operate camera controls.
Clear perspective area to see screens etc, bright yellow tags to close and secure, zips are of good quality, black waterproof elsewhere, lens area is a stiff plastic type hood secured by Velcro - a little inflexible at first but soon eases up, acts a little like a hood - better than a "shower cap" from the "B & B"!!!! But a bit more expensive - however Cost of lenses V cost of this raincover or a cheap (Free!!!) shower cap???? Well I would pay out for this any day! Should also provide good protection agains Sand and Dust on a windy blowy day - so good for travel!

Came in a soft package - but in 24 hours! Forget comments from earlier not in a box or package damaged! It comes wrapped in the hood! - it folds into itself Squished but fine! Great for squeezing into the camera bag - lightweight and quick to slip on.

Overall - yea it does what it says on the tin!! As for how waterproof - well enough for most amateurs and probably a lot of professionals - why? Well getting caught in a sudden shower is one thing and it works just fine and of course great protection against sand, wind, dust and spray! However Tsunamis! Torrential downpours! Cyclones! Or it is just going rain heavily all day - probably not - so hit the pub and wait till it stops!!!

Basically - it works, easy to use, squeezes into your bag, and good value for money

ADVICE - buy - stick in your camera bag - and when the dark black wet cloud turns up - you will be grateful!!! - a good worthwhile and value buy! I like it👍🙏

Cokin adaptor 62mm P 462
Cokin adaptor 62mm P 462
Offered by Camera Box Kettering

5.0 out of 5 stars Conkin Adaptor, 18 Feb 2014
These are adaptors for the Cokin P series filter and filter holders, solid, well made and easy to attach - see my report on the filters themselves

Page: 1 | 2 | 3