Profile for Jamski > Reviews

One For All URC 7960 Smart Control Universal remote
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 19.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with every device, 17 Jun 2013
Been using this remote for about a month now. I have an LG TV, Humax Freesat Box, Xbox 360 and Roth soundbar.

The main functions for TV, Freesat box and 360 worked perfectly with the codes. I then used the fantastic learning code to fine tune some other functions we use regularly. It's made the Xbox an even better entertainment centre not having to find a controller to simply watch on demand or Netflix.

There was no code for the roth soundbar. I contacted both One for all and Roth and they confirmed it couldn't be used. I tried the learning mode but the remote for the sound bar was always dodgy. Anyway, Richer sounds swapped the remote for me at the weekend and the learning mode worked perfectly so I now have all 4 devices working from 1 remote. Build quality seems perfect for the price, it's solid, looks great, feels great.

No complaints here, 5*'s!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 9:29 PM BST

LG 39LN540V 39-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD/Intelligent Sensor/HDMI Connectivity

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tv, but awful sound., 20 May 2013
I'll get the only negative out the way. The sound sucks. I mean it's really really bad. Shallow and tinny. Although it's probably no worse than any other tv out there these days. 100 on a sound bar and your sorted though.

Right, so out the box the TV looks stunning. Lovely big glossy screen, thin bezel. Only 2 hdmi ports, but that doesn't bother me really. One scart, and normal analogue sockets and an optical out for the sound. Good remote and built in HD freeview.

Picture wise it's great, pretty bright. In face that's the thing that needs getting used to the most. The blacks are nice and rich, HD channels look great. For the money I think it's a great buy.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2013 4:53 PM BST

Roth Sub Zero TV Soundbar
Roth Sub Zero TV Soundbar

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundbar, 20 May 2013
Just purchased this sound bar as the audio from my new LG LED TV was rubbish to say the least. Very impressed with the sound bar. Gives a much deeper sound, fills the room nicely and makes the viewing better.

Very easy to install, only 2 cables and looks very nice although isn't as slim as some due to the built in sub. Read some people saying the audio as just the same as their TV! If this is the case you don't need a sound bar! All I can say is I'm using an optical cable rather than the analogue one provided, would imagine this would make a difference in quality so probably worth the extra few 's.

The only criticism is I found watching certain things (football mainly!) with the bass up high, I got a pretty constant 'bass ticking' sound (bad description!) which I found a bit annoying. But turning the bass down is a breeze using the remote, and flicking through other channels after turning it back up I couldn't hear it. Had also watched a film previously and didn't notice at all.

All in all a great value purchase.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PSP)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PSP)
Offered by clickforgamesltd
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Much Perfect!, 30 Mar 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
A flippin fine game! The graphics and animation are superb, the sounds great, there's loads to unlock, it's challenging but very playable. I love the animation when you catch a ball perfectly, very nice little addition! The analogue nub works great, infact because it slides, and doesn't tilt like the console controlers, this you may even get a better feel?! The load times are quick (a problem with the early games) and I think the control is very good.

If you look around for reviews, you get some complaining about the fact that a slice/hook makes a bid difference in where you end up! Well, in real life it does make a difference, and people slating the putting. To me the putting is the same as I've played on the PC. You see the roll/tilt of the green using the grid, adjust how hard to hit the ball using the up/down on the d pad, and hit away. I don't know how it's been done on the consoles before, but I haven't had a problem with this version at all.

It's a great game, looks superb, and plays great. Ignore people complaining about controls, there's nothing wrong with them at all. A bit of practice, get your stats up, and you'll be beating Tiger before you know it! Buy and enjoy! :D