Profile for Brian Azarello > Reviews

Saul Bass: A Life in Film & Design
Saul Bass: A Life in Film & Design
by Jennifer Bass

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Feb 2014
A little on the expensive side, but it's a huge book with lots of great information and pictures.
I don't think I need to say more than that as if you're thinking of buying it I don't want to give any of it's information away in this review.
I was interested in Saul Bass as I love the simplicity of his graphics and I found this a great read.

Everything We Miss
Everything We Miss
by Luke Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Everything We Miss (Hardcover)
The book is quite short, but that's not to take anything away from the actual content inside.
I found this all at once whimsical, funny and heart-breaking. That's a rare achievement.
I literally laughed and cried.
Amazing writing ability to evoke all those emotions in such a short space.
Well worth the money and I will now follow Luke Pearson's work with great interest.

King City TP
King City TP
by Brandon Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: King City TP (Paperback)
If you are a fan of original graphic novels, then read a synopsis of this. If it sounds even remotely interesting to you then buy it immediately. It's that good.
It's big, too! Roughly twice the size of your average tpb. Maybe bigger.
Brandon Graham for the win!
King City for life! I hope he does a sequel...

QOOpro LowRider Super Bass Stereo Headphone Color: Blue
QOOpro LowRider Super Bass Stereo Headphone Color: Blue
Offered by Nousle

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 9 Feb 2014
The headphones feel plastic-y and very cheap. The sound quality is just awful. I was (trying to) listening to music using my Samsung galaxy s3 mini phone (that I always use for music and have never had a problem with) whilst walking through my town centre and even at the highest possible volume just the ambient sounds of the street were still so intrusive I couldn't clearly hear the music!
Surely the main point of headphones is to listen to music while you're on the move?
Therefore these headphones are not fit for purpose and I cannot advise you strongly enough to never purchase them.
The seller refused to give me a full refund so I wound up paying around £15 for a pair of headphones I've used once and have now thrown away.
This was my worst experience ever on Amazon.