Profile for JJ > Reviews

Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback
Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback
Price: 123.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, 29 Jan 2013
I work shifts (6-2 and 2-10) and have found that I am actually waking up on my early shifts just before the alarm sound starts due to the light. I also find the sunset function (decreasing light) useful for getting off to sleep on a night ready for the early starts.

I haven't yet used the USB slot, but intend to use this once I've had a chance to get a new memory stick and load something on. However, the standard alarm sounds (which start very quiet and increase gradually) are ok so I haven't rushed to sort the USB out just yet.

The display dims to quite a low level (adjustable) so and is just visible when the room is dark which is a good function, and the fact the bulb can be replaced (some other models are sealed I believe making the bulb irreplacable) is good.

I found the controls easy enough (some have mentioned difficulties) - I haven't referred to the manual and have sussed everything out without any problems.

As far as function goes it seems very good so far (had it for about 1 month). It's not the most beautfil object (I suppose the design element is limited by function), but I think many of the sunrise alarms are not particularly attractive - I seen some pretty ugly looking ones before I decided on this one!

All in all I am happy with my purchase.