Profile for SteveW > Reviews

Content by SteveW

SteveW

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Poitou-Charentes Michelin Regional Map (Michelin Regional Maps)
Poitou-Charentes Michelin Regional Map (Michelin Regional Maps)
by Michelin
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 July 2013
As always, the only real option if you want good maps of France. Possible a little large and unwieldy but can't criticise the content.

Loire Valley Michelin Regional Map (Michelin Regional Maps)
Loire Valley Michelin Regional Map (Michelin Regional Maps)
by Michelin
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 July 2013

Dark Space
Dark Space

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish & a comp-lete waste of time & money, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
Possibly the worst book I have ever read. I am even annoyed that I am writing a review about it. I this is all it takes to call yourself an author then I have missed my vocation!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2015 9:11 AM BST

Slik Pro 700DX Super Titanium Alloy Tripod Legs - 615900
Slik Pro 700DX Super Titanium Alloy Tripod Legs - 615900

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy With Confidence, 29 Sept. 2011
Like many of you I am sure, I have spent ages trawling through various reviews (on & offline) forums, articles and direct sales & auction sites becoming slowly bewildered by the mass of products available to do, essentially a very simple thing i.e. hold my camera steady during long/complicated exposures. It seemed to me that it was possible to spend an unfeasibly large sum of money for 3 pieces of reasonably well engineered alloy or carbon fibre. I looked at, played with, assembled and dis assembled all the fancy Italian sounding brands and found them to be....well, OK....fairly rigid, some fairly light but most more than capable of what I wanted it to do. So then I went straight out and ordered this SLIK Pro 700DX Titanium Alloy......I know, don't ask, I just did allright?
What a beautiful piece of engineering...........reassuringly solid, not as heavy as I was expecting and unbelievably stable. I ordered the legs on their own and a separate ball head and I have to say I am overjoyed with the lot. What is even better is that I have spent a lot less money than if I had ordered the Mussolini's or Gianfranco Zola's or whatever they are called. I reckon this is a bit of a bargain...keep it to yourself! (also they give you a neat little zip up bag to carry the thing in.....none of the others do as far as I could see)

HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One with Fax (Printer, Copier, Scanner and Fax with Bluetooth and CD/DVD Printing)

3.0 out of 5 stars Worried That I Might Have Made A Mistake!, 1 Oct. 2010
Bought this printer on the reccomendation of someone else. Reasonably easy to set up but I have been experiencing compatibility issues with the scanning function on my Mac despite all the documentation and software suggesting I should have full capabilities. HP support is poor. My major fear is that once again the "Ink Stazi" @ HP are going to be scewing me to the floor and have me mortgage my home to buy more ink. The pathetic little catridges seem to be running out at an "eye wateringly" fast rate and best Amazon prices for eco repalcements seem to suggest they are going to cost me around £60 per set to replace. This may be another printer that quickly finds it's way to the dump/Ebay/Third World/Charity Shop because I can't/won't afford to run it!
Print quality is pretty good and speed is acceptable but not sure my salary can keep pace with the ink cost.

Silverline 930166 TCT Circle Tile Cutter, 20-94 mm
Silverline 930166 TCT Circle Tile Cutter, 20-94 mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough For My Purposes, 1 Oct. 2010
This was a real "shot in the dark" as I had no knowledge whatsoever of the performance capabilities of this type and size of hole cutter. However the nature of the job was such that it was going to be my only option. The cutter seems fairly cheaply made and "in use" the oversized guard feels a little unweildy. However with a bit of trial and error with the drill speed it did cut reasonably well. The only drawback is the ear shattering noise produced as the cutting tip scratches it's way through the ceramic. If you hate the noise made by fingernails scratching a blackboard then don't even think about using this!!
All in all a cheap but effective tool that will have limited life but is probably worth the money since, as in my case, it may be the only way to get the particular result you need.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 2:18 AM BST