Profile for Carrie.J > Reviews

Content by Carrie.J

Carrie.J

Black Swan Green
Black Swan Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful insight into the mind of an adolescent boy, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Black Swan Green (Kindle Edition)
The first dozen or pages didn't grab me but before too long I was engrossed in Jason's story. I am not a fan of poetry, however I loved the tale of how poetry came to be in Jason's life, and I loved how poetry was subtly written into the story.

How To Become Fluent In Spanish: Not for Beginners, Not Quick and Easy, but Really Effective (Spanish Books Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes Time, but Works, 8 Oct 2013
As other reviewers have commented, what you learn here isn't new, but it actually drums home just what you need to do in order to improve your Spanish so while it is a short book, it is worth buying ... so long as you're going to follow his recommendation, and that is what most people don't do as that requires consistent application of hard work.

How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading (A Touchstone book)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a hard read, but worth it, 24 Sep 2013
I'm yet to finish this book and I will definitely be re-reading it, as the authors suggest but from the very start this book has changed my approach to reading technical books which have so often left me as clueless as before I started.

Non-Slip Yoga Towel Mat with Bag, 63 x 180cm, Available in Four Colours (Blue)
Non-Slip Yoga Towel Mat with Bag, 63 x 180cm, Available in Four Colours (Blue)
Offered by Kamay's

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Great., 24 Sep 2013
This is one of the cheaper mats on the market and I see no reason to pay more money on the other brands. I have no complaints with this mat. A great deal.

Slow: Mouth-Watering Recipes for the Slow Cooker & Crock Pot
Slow: Mouth-Watering Recipes for the Slow Cooker & Crock Pot
by Allyson Gofton

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book! Use it every week., 4 Dec 2011
This is a wonderful recipe book, beautifully illustrated, filled with easy to make, but fabulous tasting meals. I have cooked from it every week since buying it, and even used it for a dinner party the other week for both the main and the dessert (the latter cooked the night before) and I received great feedback from the guests on both courses.

Anabela por siempre (for learners of Spanish) (Novels for learning foreign languages nş 3) (Spanish Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Learners of Spanish Need More Books Like This One, 12 Nov 2011
I loved reading this book and seeing the present & past tenses and direct / indirect object pronouns actually in use beyond the 1 sentence examples in most text books. It was so encouraging to be able to read and understand the majority of the book, but whereever I struggled, I simple highighted the section to review later with my tutor. I will hunt out and buy more of these kindle books for sure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2012 11:21 PM GMT